SAU Community

Most Powerful Rb20?

Hey Guys,

Sure someone will know here, it became apparent to me a while back that I have not ever seen (from memory) an RB20 make over 300rwkw?

If anyone has a link to vid of one making some good power let me know please.

Like a few months back, I went to a dyno day, a Silvia or some crap rolls on, pops hood, RB20 with a great big f**k off turbo, thought, ok here we go, this should have some balls, couldn't even crack 280rwkw, WTF?

Is it no one modifies these engines or can the head not flow enough air or something without big $?

What were the old red tops making back in the Group A days with the T4's and race fuel?

I know the practicality of modding to have power like i'm talking above is not very great, but how often are extreme car mods ever practical anyway. Have the Japs bolted a T88 to one or what?

Cheers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roy on here has some 260 odd kW at the rears. i personally havn't heard of much drastically higher than that.

rather than spending dollars on making sure the engine is healthy up at the high kW range, people would rather go with the RB25 or RB26 as it's easier to acheive. though, it would be cool to see an RB20 hit the big 300.

the lower compression engine would see some bad lag with a monstrous turbo.

Forgot about that thread, ok a couple of guys border lining 300rwkw/400hp...

If anyone has link to dyno graph of legend01, link me please. (couldn't find it)

No one seems significantly over it, i'm sure there has to be some offshore cars that do something noteworthy.

I don't care if its a built engine or stock standard, if it runs race fuel or pump, I just want to see one that makes some numbers one way or the other for the record.

Cheers

nice effort! mod list?

trust td-06 20g 16c rear

tial 38m gate and screamer pipe

3 inch stainless intake pipe with K&N pod

3 inch front pipe

3.5inch cat back

decat pipe

600x300x76 cooler

blitz bov

grex-trust oil cooler kit

gtr radiator

nismo thermostat

nismo rad cap

nismo engine mounts

cusco oil catch can

nismo on rail adjustable fuel pressure reg

big intank fuel pump

R34 gtr rb26 injetors

EMS stinger ecu

profec b spec II boost contoler 20/25psi

made 405hp @ 26psi, and most recently befor i pulled it apart it made 390hp @25psi and ran 119mph down the qtr

since jan this year, started off with a 20 psi tune made 335rwhp, then went 24psi and 366rwhp, then fine tuned a bit more after replacing the inlet mani gaskets went 385rwhp on same boost

motor hadnt given up or showed any signs of it being on the way out so we went nuts and did the big boost tune haha

motor is still going strong and receiving a new turbo setup :blink:

Hey Guys,

Sure someone will know here, it became apparent to me a while back that I have not ever seen (from memory) an RB20 make over 300rwkw?

If anyone has a link to vid of one making some good power let me know please.

Like a few months back, I went to a dyno day, a Silvia or some crap rolls on, pops hood, RB20 with a great big f**k off turbo, thought, ok here we go, this should have some balls, couldn't even crack 280rwkw, WTF?

Is it no one modifies these engines or can the head not flow enough air or something without big $?

What were the old red tops making back in the Group A days with the T4's and race fuel?

I know the practicality of modding to have power like i'm talking above is not very great, but how often are extreme car mods ever practical anyway. Have the Japs bolted a T88 to one or what?

Cheers

i heard hardcore built a r32 rb20det making 440rwkw but i dont know how true it is can some 1 confirm this

so does that have cams done on it at all?

what fuel?

those injectors must be near 100%?

nice work either way :D

nah no cams for those figurs not even a set of adjustable gears. bp ultimate 98 ron no additives

injectors soposidly still have room to play, im considering going some 550s with the new round of mods but we'll see how i go

thanks mate :)

nah no cams for those figurs not even a set of adjustable gears. bp ultimate 98 ron no additives

injectors soposidly still have room to play, im considering going some 550s with the new round of mods but we'll see how i go

thanks mate :)

Adam i would love to know how your turbo set up would go on my rb25 so if it is still for sale in the new year i might come knocking :D

but yer that figure you pulled is nice

Edited by phenline

Adam i would love to know how your turbo set up would go on my rb25 so if it is still for sale in the new year i might come knocking :D

but yer that figure you pulled is nice

dude im very keen to hear myself, unfortunatly its already sold and will be going on a 25 so im hanging to see the difference!

cheers mate :)

You could get over 300rwkw, you just need some well through out head mods to get it breathing a hell of a lot better so that you'd have a car you could actually drive.

There are a few cars in the 240-280rwkw mark no problem.

Im sure you could put a larger turbo and a bit more boost for the numbers

The heads obviously don't flow anywhere near as well as a RB25, so a big outlay there would get you over 300rwkw as RB20 bottom ends seem to take a fair beating in stock form no problem :D