SAU Community

New Member - From The Land Of Aussie V8s

Nick_S

Hi guys,

Been a member here for a few weeks now and just thought I'd introduce myself. After a few years in crappy cars and then 5 years or so behind the wheel of a WRX ... I have been a V8 driver for years, all Holdens (let the bagging commence ... :) ) and despite the views of most on this forum I can assure you that they are sensational cars ... especially when you have a family to tow around. My wife has an E Series GTS, my daily drive is a VE SS-V and my toy is a single turbo AWD 412ci Coupe 4 putting out 376kW at all 4 wheels. It's a heavy mother weighing in at over 2 tonnes ... but I love it. It has run 11.302 @ 121 mph with a 1.62 sec 60'. It was a feature car in GXM before it became Street Holdens and was dubbed "Commzilla" on the cover ... after the mighty GT-R.

Anyway, I have now put down a deposit on an R35 GT-R and never been so excited about a car in all my life. When I was at school my best mates Dad had the original Godzilla ... a Maroon R32 ... my god I loved that car. I have never been prepared to venture into the land of the grey imports and I am partial to new cars, so an older R32 has never been quite enough to tempt me. The R35 is a different story all together ... unbelievable in every way.

So anyway, I thought I should join up to learn a bit. I am a long term regular on the LS1 forum and everyone over there thinks the GT-R is something pretty special ... so please don't bag me about the Holdens too much, I still love 'em.

cheers guys,

Nick

:D

Edited by Nick_S

Welcome to SAU...

I too have a vast taste for all motor cars having owned an array of 4,6 cylinder cars, my current daily is an VE SS and I have to say i love it...

But none the less the skyline used to run rings around it in some ways, im sure you will love the R35 they are the current "Holy Grail"

If you dont mind my asking, how did you put a deposit on one???

Welcome to SAU...

I too have a vast taste for all motor cars having owned an array of 4,6 cylinder cars, my current daily is an VE SS and I have to say i love it...

But none the less the skyline used to run rings around it in some ways, im sure you will love the R35 they are the current "Holy Grail"

If you dont mind my asking, how did you put a deposit on one???

Thanks mate ... I love all things automotive, I've had 4 cylinders, 6 cylinders, 8 cylinders, turbos, strokers, N/A ... IMO nothing beats a V8 Commodore for a family car, but plenty of things will beat them round a track. The GT-R will beat all of them.

I have put a deposit down at Nissan Hornsby (Sydney) ... they put an order in the system but it's basically open on everything as price, equipment, options, colour etc etc are not yet known. I have been watching the progress of the car over the last few years with the spy pics and bits and pieces of info as they are leaked, when I saw it I just had to get my name on the list ASAP.

i wont bag you out about being a holden fan if only you promise to take me for a spin in the r35 :D

:) ... fair enough, but I probably won't be able to do that until 2009 sometime ... man this is going to be a long wait.

Congrats on the R35.

There's tons of non/ex/wannabe/defected off the road skyline owners here :D

(I think they still let me post here because I used to own a Nissan...)

Edited by MK2

Congrats on the R35.

There's tons of non/ex/wannabe/defected off the road skyline owners here :D

(I think they still let me post here because I used to own a Nissan...)

hey! don't forget about us non/ex/wannabe/defected off the road stagea owners too!

Congratz on the R35.... bummers bout the rest... but the R35 makes up for it :)
if there is a few good things an aussie v8 is good for is lugging the skyline to the track!!! :):D

welcome and congrats on the r35

:P ... not bad guys, keep 'em coming. I can come back with the old "I'd like to see you keep up when you're towing a caravan" line if you want ?

Edited by Nick_S

congrats and can't wait to see the GTR. i do love my skyline alot but i love all cars, i like some holdens and some i dont and that goes for ford to but the only v8 i want is either a xy gtho or a 68 mustang they r my fav. anyway its going to be the longest wait ever but think about the first time you fire it up. :banana: