SAU Community

S15 Vs Skyline

Hey

was wondering i own a r33 gtst series 1, pretty close to stock. just basic stuff. (fmic, 3.5, Pod) was considering sellin my line an buyin a s15 spec-r. Was wondering would there any point to this?? an if any 1 owns a s15 how do they go??

thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many people saying sell sell - I say don't sell... the S15 runs a SR20 - that's a 4 cylinder 2.0 litre turbo versus a 2.5 litre 6 cylinder turbocharged Skyline... the S15 looks hideous and is piss weak... sure, some are heavily modified and yes, mods vs mods etc - but trust me, stock for stock - jump in a S15 Silvia and you will regret it - you will feel a power drop for sure.

But yes, S15 is newer and does look slick as well - I do like their interior but looks-wise, a R33 rules imo.

I would never get a S15.

If I were to upgrade, R33 GTR full stop.

If you like the feeling of driving in a sardine can get the S15.

Too small for my needs but still a very nice car to drive, hella fun to fang

Quick car, just makes it's speed in a different way to a skyline

With a skyline I can actually fit stuff in the car when I need to and people other than midgets can fit in the backseat

AND blow away falcodores away in the process? What more could I want?

Drive an S15 if you can and you can make the decision for yourself

Well i would have to agree with all of you, i heard that the sr20det could produce power alot easier with minor mods, the the rb25det. But in the end it only a 4cyclinder on the inline 6. So i think i stick wit the line, but go for an upgrade.

I think i mite get r33gtr, will be amazing street car, but if i decide to ge out of hand with the horse powr bug, it can do it. tanks for the advice every 1 tho.

cheers

nothing beats cubes (cubic capacity), but in this case your talking about a new car vs an aged car. S15 will have less mechanical problems and little shit wrong with it than the skyline. R34 GTT tho is another option. If i were u i would broaden your search and look at different cars for similar pricing and also think about your needs now, and in the future.

ive driven both an r33 and an s15 ( i own one) and ive driven an r34. now i could obviously have bought an r33 but why would you

when the s15 looks so much better, has a nicer interior, and you can throw in a few mods and have awesome power. maybe consider

an r32 gt-r (they fly) i wouldnt buy a skyline unless it was a gt-r. PLUS if its an adm spec r you get a sunroof!

Edited by charlie15

my decisions were between an S15 and the GTR, obviously I went the GTR.

I had owned an S14 a few years ago a loved it, but the GTR won me over and I didn't even look at any S15's.

As far as a newer car goes, if thats what you want, S15, but for similar money(maybe a little more) I'd go a 33 GTR!

Well an R33 is worth $12k, whereas an S15 is still around $22k. Huge price difference, certainly not fair to compare. I'd say the S15 would be a good buy. It's newer, more reliable etc, and easy to get power out of.

I've owned an S13 silvia and I believe the S15 has less power (slightly, more power for jap version) and is heavier...although you can remove the boost restriction and it will make 184kw.

At the end of the day though, the S15 is lighter than a skyline and will therefore be quicker...but they are also more expensive and $$ for $$ the skyline would be the better choice IMO.

They are quite different cars in almost every way, except for the number of seats & doors.

Skylines sound better IMO. power would come easier for the bigger RB25 than for the SR20. But I could be wrong.

Best way to decide is go for a drive in each. Talking to people on here or ns.com is only going to give you biased answers - this one included. :D

Also, hopefully the build quality of S15's is better than S13's. The S13 silvia build quality was not as good as even R32 skyline build quality. Not a bad car however, and the 1150kg kerb weight was awesome. :D

Edited by pixel8r

R33's are the best value for power around ATM. An S15 might be nice but it's a rip off.

The S models are more of elegence range of cars where the skylines are much more tuner friendly and more grunt to them.

Depends what you want really, both are great cars.

If I had heaps of mulah i would have a track R34 GTR and a road S15.

I had a similar decision to make not long ago, although it was either an s15 or a little bit more for an R33 GTR. Now i'll admit that I didn't actually take an s15 for a drive, but i haven't regretted my decision for a second. The s15 does look good, but no where near as tough IMO. Plus the much bigger power potential.... Nuff said.

Well i really want a r33 gtr, but it was a bit out of my price range.. but i just been searchin an some r33 gtr's are sellin for as low as 24k?? wat up wit that??

Wit the s15 i wanted it for style, ther lighter. but then in the end ther a 4 cyclinder. So mite keep my line save an buy a gtr. My mate gor r32 an is still the quickest car i been in today.

cheers ever1 for every thing

I had a similar decision to make not long ago, although it was either an s15 or a little bit more for an R33 GTR. Now i'll admit that I didn't actually take an s15 for a drive, but i haven't regretted my decision for a second. The s15 does look good, but no where near as tough IMO. Plus the much bigger power potential.... Nuff said.

The other option was an rb26dett in my car, which i am very keen on