SAU Community

550-600hp

hi guys im looking for a decent turbo for my project looking for 550-600 off a RB25DET. would be happy with 550...but want ability to reach 600

FUEL/IGNITION/management=sorted

engine= inlet -256, 8.8mm lift, exhaust- 264, 9.0mm lift

- tomei valve springs

-tomei solid lifters

-arias pistons, rings etc

-eagle rods, comes with big and small end bearings.

-metal head gasket.

-greddy plenum=about 1m+ less piping

can anyone out there recommend a turbo that would suit my needs of 550-600hp, with something that would come on boost before 4500 :S

or a smaller turbo but at higher boost?

mates reckon to twincharge= have the big turbo, but have it supercharged for constant boost. but i dismissed it as a 'more' expensive/useless approach.

Edited by r33cruiser

would that come on before 4500rpm?

thanks a lot for that info micheal, appreciate it.

remember its for a rb25.....they has displacement issues (wish i had a 2j :banana: )

Edited by r33cruiser

Yeah id suggest the HKS T04Z with the smaller exhaust housing if you want it to spool a lot earlier. With 1.5-1.9bar running through it and the rest up to the task i dont see too much of a problem with it making around the 350-400rwkw mark. Might be pushing it for close to 400rwkw with the smaller exhaust housing though, not 100% sure cause i havnt seen to many RB25's with T04Z's on them.

Why bother getting a smaller exhaust housing to compensate for the poor choice?

No point choking the turbo down, better off getting the smaller turbo up.

The compressor on the T04Z is BIG, bigger than the GT35, choke them, and pay the price

If you must have 600 Hp then yes the GT3582R is a good off the shelf choice . Personally I think a GT3076R which is capable of around 500 on a very well developed engine is worth strong consideration .

At these levels don't forget to factor in drivline strength and sorry for being sarcastic but I think spiritual intervention is gonna be required to get this power to the ground through two wheels . It may be ok for a hub dyno but cronic wheelspin gets you nowhere .

Seriously you need 4WD and an RB26 to do it properly .

My thoughts only , cheers A .

If you are going solid top end then get some bigger lift cams to go with it

to answer your question the largest i found a s2 rb can go on intake is 256, 8.8mm lift, and exhaust- 264, 9.0mm lift.. to go bigger is near impossible to find the cams. + only the NEO can take cams with over 10.0mm lift....i checked. (bought off nengun.com)

but will do more research and if i find larger cams i will definitely get some...not really on a budget as i only have a few components left

due to research i have found some 270, 10.25mm lift on exhaust cam...so will swap that in.

also thanks for the replies guys.. i will scratch the To4z and go the GT3540.

and it is 600hp ATW.

Turbine

-Wheel: 68mm w/ 84 trim

-Housing: ar .82

Compressor

-Wheel: 82mm w/ 56 trim

-Housing: .70 ar

TIME TO MAKE SOME PHONE CALLs.

thanks... u can close this thread if u want R31nismoid.. served it purpose

Edited by r33cruiser

for 600 atw the 3540 is the perfect choice, it will be maxed, but thats what you want out of the turbo.

thanks man....thats a relief.

im new to specific turbo jargon atm.... so all this info is awesome

check out Turbonetics.com they have the GTK which makes full spool at unheard of rpm¨s the rep told me that ona 25 I could see full boost before 3200rpm. I believe the tubo you would want to look into would be the GTK 650.