SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

I would definently say you need carbs.

Your brain needs glucose.

If you are trying to build muscle/put on size I would think you'd need a reasonably large amount of complex carbs along with lots of protein.

I don't like following diets and it's pretty surprising how much healthy food you can eat without getting fat when you lift 4+ times a week.

Your body doesn't need carbohydrates to function, but it does need them to function efficiently.

If you have to abstain from carbohydrates in your diet, then you are eating the wrong carbs.

Dare i say it again, but if you eat properly, you will never have to go on a diet.

This... f**k low carb diets

no it's not a measurable difference, you can burn up to an extra 60 calories I believe

Actually you are mistaken. There is actually no such thing as negative calorie foods, despite what the health gurus like to say. Generally speaking, about 5 to 15% of our daily caloric intake is wasted on digestion. The highest burning substance is protein at about 20 to 25%. That means that if you eat 100 calories worth of protein, it will take 20 to 25 calories to digest it.

Celery on the other hand has very little nutritional value, and contains cellulose (which the body can't digest), so it takes very little energy to digest (and chewing it takes bugger all energy either, something like 10 to 15 calories per hour). So if you eat a stalk of celery (containing about 8 calories), you will only burn off 1 or 2 of those calories in the process,

Dam and I was going to give alburtrex a go........

In the states at the moment, haven't hit the gym for 2-3 weeks. Feeling the effects already some good and others not so much. Shit food is doing my head in as well. The yanks need some lessons on how to cook eggs and bacon

yeah I want to get to the gym as well. Far too much good food and wine with little exercise.

But..... bloody well shagged my left knee joint after it collapsed on me, twice. Hopefully just a cruciate strain or small tear, but cant tell at the moment.

Might head in anyway and try some upperbody stuff. Just dont want to stand up much atm.