SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Dam and I was going to give alburtrex a go........

In the states at the moment, haven't hit the gym for 2-3 weeks. Feeling the effects already some good and others not so much. Shit food is doing my head in as well. The yanks need some lessons on how to cook eggs and bacon

....Australians need some lessons on how to cook eggs and bacon.

walk in, see dis - what do?

184455_432942546777951_479293604_n.jpg

inb4 "do you need a spot?"

I think I would be asking her where her shirt went actually.

P.S. Who is she??

The heat makes me pass out = not much exercise or progress at all. There's a point where committed becomes stupid. 30 deg is about my max.

Edited by JEPPE

I love training in the heat. My joints warm-up quicker.

Not to mention training in the heat separates the committed from those making excuses.

Thats true, i love the hot days for training plus the gym is always empty :woot:

Yeah I would have gone in today, at 45 degrees, but got the kids to think about.

Tomorrow should be cooler for them to hang around while I do my thing....

Its good isnt it Troy, you feel pretty rooted after your cool shower tho.

do many of you guys use hydration products while excercising? lately i've found that i'm going through 2 x 600ml bottles of water in about 90 to 110 mins of excercise (in my case, cycling). i never used to go through quite as much water oon a ride

i had been using this in the past (ran out a few weeks back) http://www.bodyscience.com.au/shop/Fuel-Series-Advanced-Sports-Drink-500g.html we sell it at work, so i get it cheap (but we are out of stock at the moment, otherwise i wouldn't have run out. i've found it good, and i probably drank a bit less when i was using it. i only used it on rides over an hour though.

i had been looking at other stuff (including other stuff we also sell), but the most of the ones i looked at didn't have magnesium in them, and were mostly just electrolyte drinks that contained no energy. i'm 6'3 and weigh 72kg and i'm not trying to bulk up or lose weight, just want to be able to ride faster for longer, so carbs and energy in the mix don't bother me, especially since i find it nearly impossible to eat while on a ride without stopping for a few mins to cool down (hard to chew and swallow while breathing heavily).

i was fixing a friends bike the other day and asked her what she used and she told me she uses a product where you can customise the product to suit your needs (adjust the amount of caffine, protein, flavour, amino acids, electrolytes and carbs). they also do pre-set formulas. she also very kindly gave me what she refered to as "a small amount left in the packet" (which turned out to be about 1/3 full and will last me quite a while). i'm yet to use it (will try it out tomorrow morning) but i gave it a taste and it tastes alright, and i thought i'd post up here about it for anyone who is interested. take it or leave it.

for anyone interested, the site for the stuff i've been given to try is http://www.infinitnutrition.com.au/ (i'm not affiliated with this product in any way)

i would also like to know what anyone else is using and how they find it.

41 degrees when UNR33L and I went. Still, we stepped up weights for most exercises, so come at us heat!

Have been doing a 1RM at the end of bench for the last few weeks, stepping it up by 2.5kg each week. Yet to fail at this, so am interested to see where it takes me. Currently 112.5kg @ 80kg.

Nice Birds! I suck at Bench. So I tend to do it at home where no-one can laugh at me, 'matrix style'. Mainly volume, 5-sets (of 5x full reps, 5xhalf-up, 5xhalf-down, 5x full reps), with a short 20sec break after the 20 reps..... Stupid gogoGadget arms.

At the gym I use the free weight machines for chest stuff. Its all Panatta equipment, very very expensive stuff. Italian, designed by an Ferrari engineer. http://www.panattasp...com/en/home.asp at Southbound http://www.southboun...m.au/about.html Works for me so thats ok.

Owner recently spent a couple hundred thou on new equipment. Pretty awesome gym, everyone who goes (bar me, lol) is massive!

Marc, I use Scivation Extend (lemon flavour) during workout, and generally add a small amount to my water during the day afterwards. Full of bcaa's and electrolytes without sugar, pretty much a healthy alternative to Gator/Powerade. I dont recommend much, but I do like this stuff. That and Im enjoying Max's Cookies & Cream protein shake (so nice!!!!) with my Bcaa mix & creatine.

I've been using the bsc recovery protein after my rides too. Ran out for a few weeks and just got some more and noticed a big difference in my recovery times. Can ride the following day and feel pretty fresh. It helps when i ride before work too (given that i will get up at 4:30am to do the bunch ride before work and then won't get home again till about 6:30 at night and won't get to bed till about 10pm). It's not a low carb protein powder like some, which i think helps.

I thought you all trained on actual gyms. Aren't they air cond?

Or are you sissies talking about it being x degrees outside while you are doing forearm curls inside where it is always 25.7 degrees?

^yah a shame but it's true it wasn't really a success. Nice idea although can be put in this thread or build threads.

Air conditioned gyms? Where?! My apartments gym is a/c but not the best on a hot hot day and it's limited gear so would prefer to wait for the sun to go down and head to a warehouse gym.... Which I thought was most of them.

I found it mildly amusing that the selfies thread lasted less time than a similar thread in wasteland.

So i tried the hydration stuff i was given. doesn't have much of a taste to it. seemed to do the job ok though. It wasn't that hot this morning and i want pushing too hard (did up the biggest hills though) and after 2 hours i still had about half a bottle of water left