SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

That's a good thread. Biggest agreement is keeping the routine 'basic and simple'. Srsly I have so many people saying do this, do that, should be adding these exercises etc. Honestly if I listened to everyone I'd be doing 100 different exercises a week.

The best part of that thread is in someone's signature, a quote taken from Alan Aragon:

“The fitness & nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behaviour. The irony is that many things people worry about simply have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren’t worth an ounce of concern.”

That's a good thread. Biggest agreement is keeping the routine 'basic and simple'. Srsly I have so many people saying do this, do that, should be adding these exercises etc. Honestly if I listened to everyone I'd be doing 100 different exercises a week.

Exactly find what you want and stick to it, dont have to listen to every person thats there.

Also what weight bars are at your gyms? Are they just the 20kg weight or do they cheap out for the 15kg types?

Thank you for proving my point there, Count Calorie...

:P

Don't have much choice lol (while the weather is warm at least)...I'll either over eat and be unhappy, or drastically under eat which is even worse for my health.

What are your goals? What are you trying to achieve? Or do you have none?

good questions

Just want to keep in shape that's about all.

Maybe put a bit more muscle on.

Does anyone bother with pre work out boosters? Such as bsn no xplode, MP assulat, Jack3d ect.

I would advise against it. I takem them still and I dont even get the effect from them anymore, it's become a bad habit. I've actually given them to the missus so I can take a break, serious lol.

Edited by Dani Boi

You might count calories, but you're terrible at counting years...

bahahaha yeah that'll keep happening for a couple more weeks I think....at least I haven't written 2012 when I'm dating things yet.

I would advise against it. I takem them still and I dont even get the effect from them anymore, it's become a bad habit. I've actually given them to the missus so I can take a break, serious lol.

Yer can be addictve, ive heard of cases of that with jack3d. I may use one a week or two weeks. Thinking of getting C4 to try just todo so. I looked at this Volative but its Us only atm.

Also what weight bars are at your gyms? Are they just the 20kg weight or do they cheap out for the 15kg types?

Pretty certain they are all 20kg. Haven't used a 15kg one yet!

good questions

Just want to keep in shape that's about all.

Maybe put a bit more muscle on.

You will become more picky as you go ;) You cannot simply 'keep in shape' into Mordor >.> Sense this makes none but you get my point.

I've drunk alcohol on 4 occasions this year, last one was 22nd of October. lol

I have being drunk twice last year. 21/9 for and 31/12. Used to have 4 coupons to use up a year.

Knowing after a gym sesh in 35 degrees that the only way you can get home is on a motorbike:

tumblr_lt8dgxrOey1qi4i5m.jpg

But once you're on after 20 minutes of procrastinating and the wind is blowing through your jacket at 100km/h:

114172_340.jpg

Edited by JEPPE

lol Charlie, I ride a pushbike to the gym...I can't even go fast enough to get the cool breeze...not to mention it's a full-downhill bike, so takes a buttload of effort to get anywhere on :(

Ouch. Ride back wearing shorts only? Eh downhill I do not envy you at all. Even a road pushy with suspension is a bitch!

Hard part about the bike is getting your pants and jacket on over sweaty skin. Gets stuck and you have to fight while exhausted >.<

Hard part about the bike is getting your pants and jacket on over sweaty skin. Gets stuck and you have to fight while exhausted >.<

You must smell fantastic!!!

Yep. Gets my pheromones going. The boys come a running to my sexy sweat scent.

Actually no one talked to me today... was eerie, maybe the sweat was a blessing in disguise :P