SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

you wouldnt believe how much and how i often i eat

too expensive to keep up

are you eating the right things though? actually, the answer is no because you arent gaining.

get more of the right food into you, or supp it.

if its too expensive to eat, dont complain that you cant put on mass!

food really is the key.

i eat pretty healthy

weetbix, banana and muesli bar brekfast

last last nights dinner (pasta, steak whatever)

chicken n chips, or schniztel roll for lunch

100g peanuts every day

dinner at 7

dinner again at 9:30

snacks inbetween it all

that 5 full meals every day without fail

plus gym

plus MIIT running

just not gaining them pounds

i eat pretty healthy

weetbix, banana and muesli bar brekfast

last last nights dinner (pasta, steak whatever)

chicken n chips, or schniztel roll for lunch

100g peanuts every day

dinner at 7

dinner again at 9:30

snacks inbetween it all

that 5 full meals every day without fail

plus gym

plus MIIT running

just not gaining them pounds

But the quantity still can't be there.

For example a PWO meal for me is around 2000kcal which if divided into a couple groups it equates to 400g of chicken and 1kg of potato plus more.That's just after gym.

Stop cardio, lift heavier and up your carbs, try 30/50/20 maybe, im not expert just dangling a line out there ;)

Firstly id swap weetbix out for rolled oats.. more brown rice, more vegies ie potatos/sweet potatos and fruit doesn't go astray either especially right before and after training

Love a banana before training if not using a PO that day

But the quantity still can't be there.

For example a PWO meal for me is around 2000kcal which if divided into a couple groups it equates to 400g of chicken and 1kg of potato plus more.That's just after gym.

oh, there's quantity, dony you worry about that!

if you saw how much spag-bol i just put away you'd be disgusted

Firstly id swap weetbix out for rolled oats.. more brown rice, more vegies ie potatos/sweet potatos and fruit doesn't go astray either especially right before and after training

potatoes and brown rice, those are things i can definately up. Already doing three pieces of fruit a day no probs

ill get the missus on the rolled oats, stat

It helps stop the bar from rolling out of your grip

This.

Don't see how if you were concerned about shoulders you'd switch to a non symmetrical grip - seems counter-productive. The only reason I do mixed now is because I've reached the limited of what pronated can offer me...for now. It does make a big difference.

But then you reach the limits of your mixed grip and get sad panda again :(

Firstly, what kind of weight are you trying to gain? Muscle or fat? If the latter, it's as simple as eating fast food every couple days and watch the scales go up. If the former, drop any cardio...train for hypertrophy and eat even when you're not hungry. You'll likely put on some fat too, but at least the fuel will be there for muscle gains.

Yer i was only putting out there, i have no problem the normal way atm, and the shoulders was just a thing i heard from a PT/army mate.

Gave the mixed grip a go at 100KG felt a little weird lol

Feels weird, but if you've reached the limits of pronated, you'll notice the difference straight away. Huge difference for me, because I do deads at the end of my pull workout, so my grip is already pretty stuffed. Only ever attempt 1RM after my regular sets of deads, so you can imagine how it is by then...

Honestly I think people should hold off straps as long as they can because eventually your grip does develop and you will be able to hold the weight..

Initially my grip wasn't too great but over time it has become reasonably strong to the point where my PB is 200kg without straps..

I don't have the biggest fire arms either.. It's more about developing the tendents