SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Theoretically, 2.5kg each week is going to be over 60kg in 6 months. Assuming he can pull off the increase each week, that'll be 200kg for reps midway during this year...

P.S. catching you in deads Troy. I pulled 150 the other day, after squats and deads. I reckon fresh I might give you a run :P

Because Birds

This.

I have been considering putting squats on my push day...where they technically belong...to give deads a bit more potential. Problem is, after all the chest exercises on push day, I'm utterly sapped of energy.

Truth be told, I added deads and squats to my routine at the same time, so always just did them one after the other on the same day. There's interference, but I'm still progressing in both exercises, so maybe when I plateau or get sick of fainting I'll swap one over.

My deadlift is currently at 140kg for 5 reps.

Not great, but not doing too bad either.

Its going up steadily with your 5x5 program

Are bench and squats moving at a similar pace?

on another note, i have decided i enjoy doing back workouts the most. Nothing better than rows, deadlifts and weighted chins

Edited by Mitcho_7

Its going up steadily with your 5x5 program

Are bench and squats moving at a similar pace?

on another note, i have decided i enjoy doing back workouts the most. Nothing better than rows, deadlifts and weighted chins

Bench is being stubborn, but I'm incorporating heavy negatives on the smith machine to work through my sticking point.

Squats are slowing in progression, sitting on 92.5kg full depth, will probably try for 95 tonight.

Don't forget the forearm pump from back workouts too Troy!

so my Mrs bought me an Inzer lever belt, Tshirt and knee wraps for Christmas... Thanks to Markos! lol

squatted with the belt once before I left for Vic Harbour with a bunch of mates for 2 weeks of sun, beer, food, beer, sand and... beer

got back yesterday, hit the gym today... oh dear..

one week off is great every few months... two weeks off? not so much

What gym Nick? 2 weeks is ok a couple times a year, but its the 2 weeks Plus the beer that does it...

Not enjoying pasta of late, feel so blah afterwards.....

Big workout tomorrow; bribing my boys to behave in the small kids room with a reward of a cinema night - haven't gone in there yet with the kids in tow.

P.S. catching you in deads Troy. I pulled 150 the other day, after squats and deads. I reckon fresh I might give you a run :P

155 as of tonight!

And my gym has chalk now...wtf Genesis...