SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Cause then it probably won't have as much effect on you lol. The caffeine overload is still bad, might as well take speed as a pre-workout, it's the same science.

Reminds me of a guy who used to go to my gym, he swore by weed as a pre-workout. Did whole sessions stoned. Mind you he never gained much...

wide grip, overhand... I find them a lot more effective than the narrow grip underhand chin up... nice wide grip, chest up to the bar... brings in more back and less arms IMO

Best way to do them i reckon.

I ocassionally do underhand narrow grip as a part of an arm workout, but I concentrate on a slow eccentric phase with those. They definently hit your arms more than back I think.

In what way? I'm not saying live off Maxibons, I'm saying in the scheme of things, having one before you burn a shitload of energy in a workout isn't going to hurt - quite the opposite. Where people go wrong is that they have two, or they forget they had a Maxibon and put a metric shit ton of dressing on their caesar salad. Moderation. Eat what you want, just make sure you A. get the stuff you need, and B. lift enough to counter the "bad" stuff.

Sorry but i disagree.

We need to stop looking at only the physical aspect here. I can eat big macs every day, and i used to a while ago, and ice-cream every night etc etc, and could offset it because i am lean, have a high metabolism, and train hard.

However, it is still not good for your insides. The older i get the more thought i put into what is good for my body, my liver, my kidneys, my heart etc, because it will come back to bite you in the ass.

Yeah, you can eat ice-cream in moderation, or fast food in moderation, but it's still shit food. It will always be shit food. Whether you eat a teaspoon of it or a bowl full, it's still shit for you.

Instead of the iceream i had at night, i now have a bit of natural yoghurt or something.

Instead of the high carb meal before training i used to make up of fast food or something, i have a bowl of oats instead.

It's just trying to make the smart choices when you have the opportunity to.

In terms of training you may not notice the difference between a bowl of oats and a quarter pounder, however the inside of your body will.

And eventually your outside will be a direct reflection of your inside....and it will happen.

I'm not saying you have to be anal over everything you put in your mouth. Well, it would be best if you were, but it's very hard with the jobs and lifestyles we have these days. I would just say, when you have a decision/alternative to either eat something healthy or something not so healthy, just try to make a good choice when you can.

Hey guys, I'm tired, when I get tired I over eat... looking for energy. When I drink coffee I'm not tired so I don't overeat.

I'm not tired all the time but right now quite a bit because recent start of full time work plus gym.

Do I over eat or get a coffee dependence? What do you think is worse? I'm eating enough, I don't need the extra food. I'm getting 8.5 hours of sleep a night and I can complete a workout fine, but I still wake up tired enough to constantly nom on things like a trail mix. I try to keep it healthy but it's still sugar and sometimes goes bad.

internet needs a sarcasm font

almost hard to believe its the same chick in the above post

Agreed, that's an awesome transformation. I would be interesting in how she did it... just food? food+exercise? She looks like a completely different person... and seems to have kept most of her boobs. Jelly.

Sorry but i disagree.

We need to stop looking at only the physical aspect here. I can eat big macs every day, and i used to a while ago, and ice-cream every night etc etc, and could offset it because i am lean, have a high metabolism, and train hard.

However, it is still not good for your insides. The older i get the more thought i put into what is good for my body, my liver, my kidneys, my heart etc, because it will come back to bite you in the ass.

Yeah, you can eat ice-cream in moderation, or fast food in moderation, but it's still shit food. It will always be shit food. Whether you eat a teaspoon of it or a bowl full, it's still shit for you.

Instead of the iceream i had at night, i now have a bit of natural yoghurt or something.

Instead of the high carb meal before training i used to make up of fast food or something, i have a bowl of oats instead.

It's just trying to make the smart choices when you have the opportunity to.

In terms of training you may not notice the difference between a bowl of oats and a quarter pounder, however the inside of your body will.

And eventually your outside will be a direct reflection of your inside....and it will happen.

I'm not saying you have to be anal over everything you put in your mouth. Well, it would be best if you were, but it's very hard with the jobs and lifestyles we have these days. I would just say, when you have a decision/alternative to either eat something healthy or something not so healthy, just try to make a good choice when you can.

Don't apologise for disagreeing. But I am talking about the physical aspect here...that's what people are getting worried over when they count calories, that this ice cream is going to suddenly make their stomach fatter and they won't be able to work it off. I'm saying it's not, that moderation is key and you can stay lean whilst having unhealthy snacks here and there.

On your note, yes it's shit food, but who's really going to go their whole life without eating ice cream? No thanks. My nanna is 90 years old, in fantastic shape, she slams down the desserts - reality is that cancer will likely hit you before ice cream goes and rots your insides and that sucker is rather indiscriminatory of your diet. So no, I say that having some here and there isn't going to show...it would be a very negligible difference in the scheme of things. There's a difference between living off it and snacking here and there.

On your note, yes it's shit food, but who's really going to go their whole life without eating ice cream? No thanks. My nanna is 90 years old, in fantastic shape, she slams down the desserts - reality is that cancer will likely hit you before ice cream goes and rots your insides and that sucker is rather indiscriminatory of your diet. So no, I say that having some here and there isn't going to show...it would be a very negligible difference in the scheme of things. There's a difference between living off it and snacking here and there.

Completely agree. You want to look good but you still want to enjoy life!

The most important thing for me with my diet is still enjoying the foods I love (within reason of course) and sustainability ie no matter what i choose to eat and not eat it has to be relatively easy for me to maintain that ongoing, otherwise its just too easy to fall off. All these crazy diets, watching exactly what you eat, counting calories etc etc is all well and good but how long can you do that for? It just becomes too hard and then you give up and all goes to buggery lol

That last bra is just lifting her boobs up lol

Really? Lifting the boobs up? Wow... because you know I thought bras were there just to cover skin... not to support or anything. Amazing! :P

Really? Lifting the boobs up? Wow... because you know I thought bras were there just to cover skin... not to support or anything. Amazing! :P

A lot of guys wish that were the case. You have no idea how cheated we feel when a good bra comes off. It's false advertisement lol

Shut the hell up all of you... Birds said he's going to compete..

When is this happening?

Here are your opportunities..

PTC Frankston Comps 2013

January 20th, Sunday - Novice comp

February 10th, Sunday - ProRawQualifier

March 16-17, Sat & Sun - GPC State Titles

April 14, Sunday - Novice Comp

May 12, Saturday - Novice comp

July 7, Sunday - Novice comp

August 11, Sunday - ProRawQualifier

October 20 , Sunday - Novice comp

December 1, Sunday - GPC Push & Pull

Also - lol at Charlie.. Too tired cause working full time.. you poor thing.... did big bad life push you over?

Hey guys, I'm tired, when I get tired I over eat... looking for energy. When I drink coffee I'm not tired so I don't overeat.

I'm not tired all the time but right now quite a bit because recent start of full time work plus gym.

Do I over eat or get a coffee dependence? What do you think is worse? I'm eating enough, I don't need the extra food. I'm getting 8.5 hours of sleep a night and I can complete a workout fine, but I still wake up tired enough to constantly nom on things like a trail mix. I try to keep it healthy but it's still sugar and sometimes goes bad.

Drink coffee. Appetite suppressant