SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Skimmed through last few pages, laughed at gumby fecks who don't know what they're talking about with body types.

You're all talking about how you were skinny or fat and that you changed, so you don't believe in them (ecto, meso, endo), when the fact of the matter is, you still fall into a particular type, it's not broscience:

If you're an ecto, it's not because you were the skinny kid who couldn't gain weight easily… You're an ecto because you have a short torso, long legs (or limbs) and typically broader shoulders.

If you're a endo, its not because you were a fat kent who struggled to lose weight, it's because you generally have broader hips, regular length limbs, and you're a much rounder body shape (not tapered like an ecto)

It's got nothing to do with how you train or eat, but rather the biomechanics of your body.

Did not read all the BS thoroughly so flame at me, bros

Ecto4lyf

This is my point birds.

"However, some aspects of the somatotype cannot be changed: muscle and adipose mass may change but the bone structure is a fixed characteristic"

Your link backs up the point I was putting across…. not sure if that's what you're hinting at?

that's right - bone structure can't be changed, but saying that someone will always be fat or skinny or muscular according to their somatype is complete broscience.

Just saw this lol

Well, ok, you lift, but I'm not calling an R33 road car a race car sorry, we all have our limits :D

Unless you do actually track the shit out of it and it's more modified than I assumed, and that would be cool.

I race it on the road.

This is my point birds.

Nope...still not seeing it. He's done exactly what you did and participated in an argument that wasn't there.

All boz and I were ever saying is that people overcredit the somatype stuff for their limits and failures at the gym and losing/gaining weight.

yeah but there's such a plethora of calorie dense food that it makes me wonder how someone needs a 2000 calorie shake to go with it lol.

I've tried the strict diet thing, felt like shit and lifts all stalled or went backwards. Thing is though, my reading suggests that for fat people you also have the double whammy of leptin etc levels being out, therefore necessitating more of a calorie restriction than someone who was less fat to start with.

body somatypes are broscience btw.

Sorry kids it's all bullshit. I also ate junk food and played video games as a kid. It means shit all. Junk food doesn't make you fat, eating too much of it does. If you don't break maintenance, there is no reason to be fat, which is exactly what you were doing as a kid. Now if you ate 6 meals of maccas a day for 6 months and didn't get fat, there might be some truth to what you're saying, but the reality is that you didn't or you would end up a fat ass no matter how ecto and inactive you are.

The moment I started gyming AND eating more than I'd eaten in my life is the also the moment I realised it's actually easy for a so called ecto to gain weight, all that needs changing is the perception of what is a lot of food. I'm what you quacks would call a natural ecto, was 63kg at 6'3, yet I know how to and can easily gain and lose a lot of weight as I please now. Solve that one, and don't give me the age slowing metabolism excuse because I have less bodyfat now than I did as a teen.

Like I said, so many people have proven it wrong by changing their diet and having the motivation to change, from all camps of ecto/meso/endo/bullshit. The real definition of an ecto is someone who doesn't know what a lot of food is. The real definition of an endo is someone who doesn't know what enough food is.

Boz made the statement.

I only asked you a question into your thoughts on whether you no longer resembled a given 'type' albeit, more musclar. Even when you were fat at 91.

I agree with your statement of the blame placing, and agree body shapes can be changed. No one disgareed with that.

I dont agree with your ignorance to given body types.

I'm 5'9 I think, was 65kg skinny fat, nek minit after 6 months of we'll say 'bulking' eating what ever and training 77kg, got over being chubby, dropped down to 70 flat again but wasn't happy skinny bitch again, then after about a year I'm sitting about 74kg & happy atm.

My point is, not hard to change IMO just watch what you eat - I don't count calories or any of that hippy shit either. No need if you have a pretty consistent diet.

My new goal is 78kg and still being lean-ish by the end of the year, trying to get me some more gainzz.

Still a long way to go, but joined a new gym and training about double as hard as I was before, gonna have to start eating a shit load again.

So let me get this straight, you gained 12kg in 6 months because you didn't count calories and over ate and became a fat kunt, so you then wasted time cutting back down to 70kg were you gained 0 size? Does not compute

So let me get this straight, you gained 12kg in 6 months because you didn't count calories and over ate and became a fat kunt, so you then wasted time cutting back down to 70kg were you gained 0 size? Does not compute

keep in mind water weight from creatine etc, i stopped doing gym for a bit as well and lost heaps of weight pretty fast.