SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Vans Authentics...catch of the day always have them for $50 delivered.

Unrelated, they are one of the most surprisingly comfortable shoes to wear casually, despite an appearance like it would have zero support etc.

I've already got a pair coming lol. Yeah well they're really just to cover my feet, if I could I'd squat and DL in bare feet. Feels really f**king wrong in trainers now. Got a few other guys squatting in their socks too now.

Edited by bozodos

Dan - boong = abo.

Boong car = a car that looks like it's owned by abos.

Leesh - what's wrong with your abs?

I have no idea it's like they are bruised? Can't laugh/sneeze and doing number 2's is nearly impossible proli need to go to doctor

I dunno man - the only time I'm putting a heavy barbell on my back or picking one up off the floor is at the gym...

I play bball and the explosive strength from squats comes in handy for rebounds etc. Not that you can't build it otherwise and transfer; I just find the movement transfers easier if I'm training with runners that I wear when playing - I guess in the same way that you find it difficult to squat in runners, now that you've trained the mobility of the exercise into not using them.
  • Like 1

got told off for squatting in socks today - put my shoes back on and did 4 reps before chucking the bar back in the hooks - f**k that. Hopefully my Chuck Taylor's turn up soon.

Told off by who and why?

yeah well I suppose in the context of you playing a sport it makes sense Birds.

alr33x: gym staff member noticed it. Surprising to only get told off now given that I've been doing it for quite a while, starting to get over this particular gym though - they're making it pretty obvious that they don't want serious lifters there apart from bodybuilding pretty boys.

yeah well I suppose in the context of you playing a sport it makes sense Birds.

alr33x: gym staff member noticed it. Surprising to only get told off now given that I've been doing it for quite a while, starting to get over this particular gym though - they're making it pretty obvious that they don't want serious lifters there apart from bodybuilding pretty boys.

Yeah fair enough most gyms say about wearing shoes but never seen anyone gettin picked up on it even some of the trainers take their shoes off

Yeah fair enough most gyms say about wearing shoes but never seen anyone gettin picked up on it even some of the trainers take their shoes off

We get told off for having shoes off, using chalk and making noise at one of the gyms I go to

I've been told off for wearing socks a couple of times when I was going to Anytime Fitness, but given I'm friends with that location's owner, it's only because they HAVE to tell me off haha. I think it's for their insurance, gotta have closed toe shoes.