SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

I was on the blood type diet when I was first diagnosed with pocs, but some of my favourite foods were on the no list, and there was meat on the yes list ha, so didn't keep it up for long.

in reference to the Blood Type Diet (and author)

"A search of PubMed under the author's name does not yield any peer-reviewed articles with data to support his claims. For example, his claim that elderberry can be used as a remedy for the common flu lacks scientific evidence and may be misleading."

"D'Adamo claims many ABO specific lectins exist in foods.[1]:23 This claim is unsubstantiated by established biochemical research, which has found no differences in the reactions of lectins with human ABO types. Research shows that lectins specific to a particular ABO type are generally not found in foods (with several rare exceptions, e.g., the Lima bean) and that lectins with ABO specificity are more frequently found in non-food plants or animals."

also http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/98/1/99

lol @ Tolga

ausbb.com

there is also aussiegymjunkies.com but bulk of the people on AUSBB are also there.

same same.

I don't think that proraw forum is for you.

I don't post on there Tolga - I joined it to see if Markos had any more wisdom to share, but it's mainly relating to GPC stuff that is of no interest to me.

I sometimes read the Starting Strength forum, but threads tend to derail after 2 or 3 pages

Edited by bozodos

I don't post on there Tolga - I joined it to see if Markos had any more wisdom to share, but it's mainly relating to GPC stuff that is of no interest to me.

I sometimes read the Starting Strength forum, but threads tend to derail after 2 or 3 pages

I used to read starting strength, rippetoe can get a bit aggro on there hey!

had another session of crossfit last night.

it is amazing how unfit i am these days. Gone from being able to compete for 3-4 rounds in mma, spar for 12 rounds in boxing

to unable to do 40+ burpees in a single sitting

I meant it's not a forum for Dan asking about his injury.

ah yeah fair enough.

I do like that Rip posts on his own forum frequently and yeah I like him and Jim Wendler's No BS, straight talking approach (which was why I also liked the PTC Newsletters and Markos' very dry humour). I still haven't read Starting Strength in its entirety - next up is the 5/3/1 book as I'm intending to start in the next week or so.

I did have question relating to Rip's methods (for the more experienced here) - Is it ok to keep the back neutral and thrust with the upper legs for OHP like Rip teaches, or is that defeating the purpose of the press (legs shoulder width apart, pressing from the chest, not a push press)? It would certainly make it easier to get it out of the bottom.

There strangely enough doesn't seem to be much of an online presence for health and fitness forums in Australia (unless I'm missing something). There is Bodybuilding.com, but their forums are full of broscience phds, blind devotion to IIFYM, supplement company shills (and rajab forbid you ever say anything negative about any supplement ever) and tools. I do like select content there though, like Alan Aragon's writeups.

Edited by bozodos

I did have question relating to Rip's methods (for the more experienced here) - Is it ok to keep the back neutral and thrust with the upper legs for OHP like Rip teaches, or is that defeating the purpose of the press (legs shoulder width apart, pressing from the chest, not a push press)? It would certainly make it easier to get it out of the bottom.

knees don't bend in the method I am thinking of. hip position change? The starting point (bottom section) of the movement can be trained for sticking point but, mostly that's supporting muscle strength.

yeah hip position change. I used it today, worked well, but my form is quite shit trying to keep the glutes squeezed while doing it.

saw the regular curlbros doing deadlifts for once today, 170kg with completely rounded back. I really wanted to tell them that they were cruising towards snap city, but I thought that these two jersey shore wannabes would likely tell the fat guy who squats 3 times a week to f**k off and mind his own business.

• Like 1