SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

A lot of greatly varying opinions lol

I stick to around 2mins for the compound stuff, and that's all I do with weights, the rest of the work is stretching/physio/back stuff that's BW. Planks, cat camels, rising cobra things all that manly stuff.

I have so many posterior chain exercises to do from my physio I cant keep up lol

Physio appt Friday and I need to decide if I want a referral for an exercise physiologist or a sports science doctor, as my physio said she can't help me anymore.

What would you choose?

All this means imo is that you aren't ready for that weight yet. You've over come a mental barrier because you feel better for 'lifting that weight' 'getting that number' but if you waited a consistent couple of weeks, it would of became an 'easy' clean movement acceptable to the true form. Submaximal training is a powerful thing.

Submaximal is powerful, but so are big singles, which is how I've broken through most plateaus for this movement.

I can remember having average form on a 170kg 1RM; I likely hitched it up at the time and it would have taken 10 seconds to lock out. But my last 1RM was 195kg (from memory) and now I'm pulling 5 of 170kg in quick succession, with no hitching.

IMO, outside of competition rules etc., if you aren't rounding your back on a max lift, it's probably not your max lift. I don't recommend everyone train that way, but it's always worked for me and my back has never felt better. Waiting for the weight that tells me it's not the right way to lift. I've failed a weight before and the worst that happens is a dented ego.

I have so many posterior chain exercises to do from my physio I cant keep up lol

Physio appt Friday and I need to decide if I want a referral for an exercise physiologist or a sports science doctor, as my physio said she can't help me anymore.

What would you choose?

I would choose neither for now, given you can train lightly again now without pain. Your injury is on the mend and you'll only be paying for another opinion that you need to rest it.

For all the strong opinions and somewhat positive self image Bird's has, I do think that if nothing else, he knows his body well enough to make his own calls on what works for him.

We all respond differently to different training methods. Find what works for you and go with that.

As for the back rounding stuff, I won't enter into that convo, if I can't squat and DL anything remotely deent without busting myself in half, I have no place lecturing others :)

For all the strong opinions and somewhat positive self image Bird's has, I do think that if nothing else, he knows his body well enough to make his own calls on what works for him.

We all respond differently to different training methods. Find what works for you and go with that.

As for the back rounding stuff, I won't enter into that convo, if I can't squat and DL anything remotely deent without busting myself in half, I have no place lecturing others :)

Yeah that is right, people know their body limits. but hitching is hitching and it is poor practice whether it works for him or not.