SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Lol no.

With lighter weight on it out should shrink a bit over time.

In only talking going from 8 to 10 reps.

But given I've already find that on everything already it'll just be less weight same reps.

Again, what's a better game plan. Im no expert.

Just got a 3min front plank. Take that herniated disc.

How about build so much muscle that people can't tell...that the saggy skin and connective tissue actually stretches to support your enormous hypertrophic fortitude.

Or pegs...use pegs.

Lol no.

With lighter weight on it out should shrink a bit over time.

In only talking going from 8 to 10 reps.

But given I've already find that on everything already it'll just be less weight same reps.

Again, what's a better game plan. Im no expert.

Just got a 3min front plank. Take that herniated disc.

grats on the 3 min plank :)

• Like 1

Cheers, managed 2min back plank also so that's a reasonable step up from the 30secs I was flat out doing a few weeks back.

Have continued with religious daily stretching and back specific stretches/movements and I think I might be seeing some small signs of improvement.

I also seem to be gaining weight again despite eating less, so I'd attribute that to lunges and calf raises putting a little back on in my legs and butt.

Gonna struggle to fit in my race suit and the seat I think =\

What's a better game plan then, legit question.

My theory is if the muscle is a little smaller through lighter weights higher reps and my body fat is lower through cardio and diet I should be OK.

I know muscle itself doesn't sag but the connective tissues do. Less weight on those would help.

Less fat is always going to help.

Lift heavier weight for less reps. You'll still be exerting yourself.

I'd start building up your metabolic capacity while you can, that way in years to come, when you get worried, you have room to move to stay a shape you want.

Metabolic capacity - Elaborate.

I think I've explained it to you before, in your thread maybe.

The body adapts to what you eat, over weight/skinny people for e.g. eat rabbit food, eat a real meal and blow out 'survival mode'....

It works both ways, you can slowly increase your caloric intake over time and stay the same fat percentage.

3000 calories a day, you have room to decrease 1000 calories a day on a diet or gradually over time with age in your case and 2000 calories is still a fair bit of food for most.

Or eat 2000 calories a day, then when you start eating less, say the same 1000 calories...that's 1000calories..you aren't eating much..

No room to move is the point. With your theory you'll be eating lettuce and water by time you are 60.

So, with gradual addition of calories, usually carbs, weekly, you can increase intake whilst the body adapts.

The higher your daily intake is, the more room you have to move when dieting.or just eating less with age in your case.

I think Birds started eating a couple of extra bits of toast or something a while back? (Chime in Birds) he is still same weight and figure,

That's the metabolic adaption, therefore his metabolic capacity is now higher.

Gotchya.

I think I was eating a fair bit before, so have cut it back while I'm not able to do any cardio, just to try and match the ratio of calories/work.

Just thought though, I also bought some more creatine, so water weight will be a factor in my morning weight differences.

Yes Birds eats bread, about a loaf a day I thought he said, but I'm not doing the Euro training.

Just do what you can with your current situation.

adjust your diet to your activity level.

you'll probably drop in weight and size and definitely strength.

wether you do reps of 8 or 10 or 20 doesn't matter for you.

as long as you continue to do them and continue to improve on either rep or weight or set or rest time etc.

perhaps when you are say 60% with your back, you should try a proper old school body builder style cut over 2 months.

and then a proper waterload cut for for 1 week.

You're not a powerlifter so what you lift means SFA.

you're basically crippled so why not do something that doesn't require a working back.

do what lifting you can, do cardio that involves lifting, diet like a mofo and see how music festival like you can get.

Maybe I've made this sound worse than it is, I'm far from crippled.

I'm not getting "fat" I'm just a little heavier than I was, but given that since I had to cut squats and DL's I've been doing a little more upper body that's not that unusual. I'll be around 88-89kg in the morning, yet my abs are getting more defined through planking (and maybe less eating) though my chest/shoulders have gotten bigger.

I can still bench, am doing flat and incline, still doing weighted chins and dips, some lunges, calf raises, planks and other back stretches etc all 3 x weekly and all 3x10 in most cases. Getting in a couple of 3-4k walks a week also plus the usual lawn mowing etc.

I've got pain, but it's something I can work through and I'm staying active despite it. Occasionally if I do a really back strenuous thing for me, like whipper snipping last weekend or this weekend I'm cleaning the garage out and resealing the slab in there, I'll take a few ibuprofen and spend a little time with a hot wheat bag on my bag to help with my vagina pain.

This is all fine for now, just trying to think forward to not end up a saggy manboob bro.

Edited by ActionDan