SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

LOL Tolga

Personally, there are other factors in my life that would have reduced my lifespan by much more than the amount of meat/protein I'm consuming. Moronic study pushed by a bunch of butthurt vegans no doubt - REGARDLESS of whether it's accurate or not.

Actually I gotta say, I'm getting around a little better lately.

Daily sexy pose stretching and specific exercises for my back seem to be helping.

Managed to clean and re-seal the garage floor recently with minimal discomfort during or after. Was surprised.

Took a bunch of ideas from AussBB and BB forums, put them into gym routine.

My sister was a clean eater, lots of veggie stuff, she looked after her fitness, hardly ever had a drink and never smoked.

She ended up riddled with cancer at 45 and died at 50.

I eat lots of protein and other stuff, smoke and drink, I've been covered in asbestos, gassed by chlorine, covered in chemicals of all sorts and wash my hands in petrol or degreaser to clean them. I'm 49 and going strong.

Its all a roll of the dice, sure things may speed up your demise but I have known a lot of my old relatives that have eaten lots of fats, sugar, salt, smoked and drank a lot and have lived to their 80's.

I have also seen a lot of people who look after themselves die young.

Anyway, right now I'm going to have a smoke while I finish my beer, then cook me some steak, eggs and rice.

On a side note, my daughter found out how much money she would get if I died, I best be watching my back from now on :rofl2::glare::/:P

I'm selling this on eBay if anyone is interested, I have access to the gyms at work so it never really gets used.

135kg, 1 x 20kg Oly bar, 4 x 20kg, 2x 10kg, 2 x 5kg, 2X 2.5kg.

Good for a beginner doing squats, deads, bench, row, OHP, cleans and stuff.

Keep a eye out and you may pick it up for $250.99 if no one bids.

In keeping with the forum rules I cannot post a link.

How is it weird, creepy or judgemental for that matter? All he asked for were thoughts on it. How do you know he's not interested in the exercise and wanted our opinions on it?

I didn't say judgmental so Leesh can field that, I said weird and creepy and my opinion it is, if in your opinion it doesn't appear to be then we can agree to disagree. If I saw you recording a stranger at the gym, I'd think you were a weirdo and I tell my mates about the odd dude at the gym who records people.

I also gave my thoughts on the exercise to answer his question, just in case there was any legitimacy to it.

If it was me and I was asking a genuine question about the exercise, I would have just linked to any number of articles online about it or described the motion if I couldn't figure out the name. I wouldn't go and record some random guy doing it. I WOULD record a buddy doing it though and if he was happy share that then ask questions. Recording strangers like that is just plain weird and creepy, again, this is only my opinion though. If he was legitimately interested in the motion enough to film a random, why not go and ask the guy about it? I can't say for sure he didn't, but I'd be willing to hazzard a guess and say he didn't.

I will say that I don't think it's an invasion of privacy in this instance though, purely because it's a public place, but if people didn't think they were doing something "odd" when recording others you wouldn't see them try to hide the fact they are recording. This is a generalisation though, I'm not saying he was hiding it in this instance, I'm just addressing a potential point that could be raised so I can preemptively share my view on that too.

Not even bothered if you're just trolling Birds, it's enough of an epidemic that I'm happy to have another chance to climb on the soapbox about it.

Lunch time :D