SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

I like a lot of the honest interviews with these guys regarding AAS use. Get to hear some things you otherwise wouldn't. Also realise just how stupidly some of these guys go about their dosages, like Rich Piana haha

• 2 months later...

I have and use;

- Half Rack with spotter arms - one with a pull up bar integrated is ideal

- Olympic barbell with 220kg weight - i went with olympic bumper plates to save the floor

- 2nd hand set of fixed weight dumbells - 5-30kg

- Flat bench & Adj, Incline bench

This generally covers you for the big 3 movements as well as any free-weight accessory work you might want to fit it

Things like kettlebells, floss bands and med balls can just just come as you need/want

Face pulls have been doing wonders for my dickie shoulders, my shoulders use to ache when I laid on them in bed, now they are fine, only change is doing 100 light face pulls twice a week.

Also finishing off my sessions with 100 full extension med ball slams is a good way to end.

• Like 1

Face pulls have been doing wonders for my dickie shoulders, my shoulders use to ache when I laid on them in bed, now they are fine, only change is doing 100 light face pulls twice a week.

Also finishing off my sessions with 100 full extension med ball slams is a good way to end.

Yep I need to do more face pulls. I've had a shoulder injury for a few months; can't lie on my left side in bed, which has been my preferred side for 30 years lol.

I started doing band pull aparts in between my bench sets, I can lie on my left side for a few hours now without pain :)

Absolutely love face pulls myself. Always use them as a superset exercise for stuff, though I see them complimenting upper back exercises more than shoulders honestly. Seated cable rows, rather than say shoulder press.

Upright rows to face pulls would be good actually.

The more weight you use for face pulls will bring in more back, if you only use light weight and very high reps they act more on the rear delt I find.

I use the crossover machine set at head height.

As for the body building comps with poses and dancing, well, to me looks as camp as a row of tents.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...............

Yeah and some opiates to help with masking the pain from injuries.

Kids a idiot, I wonder if he knows what it does to his natural hormone production.

Darwinism comes to mind.

^^ just wow.

He is extremely committed to his fitness. Surely he would get decent gains without juicing....it would just take longer.

kid has mental problems. Similar to that of an anorexic teen.

If you're trying to push your body to it's maximum potential, why wouldn't you juice

I am not against juice as a rule, but he is a little young. Kid is still growing, who knows what it could do to his health

Yeah and some opiates to help with masking the pain from injuries.

Kids a idiot, I wonder if he knows what it does to his natural hormone production.

Darwinism comes to mind.

so much this.

I also lol'd at the black guy saying he didnt know the kid was 15 when they started training and that he doesnt juice. I'd wager he the one supplying the kid with it

HIGHLY ill advised by sensible steroid users for anyone to consider the use of AAS until your mid 20s from everything I've read on dat der HR forum I partake in. Anything earlier than that and you're risking damage to your HTPA from shutdown and possible early fusion of epiphyseal growth plates from potentially higher oestrogen levels.

He's almost certainly at the beginning of his natural PEAK PRODUCTION so his test levels would already be above most of ours (unsure of some ages here lol)....there's dead set no need to go throwing in endogenous hormones at that age.

Expect cardiovascular issues before he's 40 if he's actually serious about this path lol.

Edited by Trozzle

I reset my squat weights (and all other exercises) for form reasons a couple of months ago. I used to do high weight (high for me lol) low/mid rane reps, anywhere from 1RM to a max of 10. Occasionally did high rep set once in a while.

Well I thought I'd start from the bottom, going light as hell at 60kg ATG, but for maximum reps and just smash legs that way as I wasn't happy with where my previous squatting form was at. Only squatting once a week, for about 4 or 5 sets but max reps on each one, I've seen what I think are great improvements for me. I added 5kg each week and went for max reps and have worked my way up to 90kg, for 19 reps. It doesn't sound like much, but the most reps I'd achieved prior to this high rep training was 20 @ 80kg, and that was when I was 1 rep maxing about 130kg. I'm not keen to test 1RM again just yet; I just want to stick it out with the high rep training because I think my squat form is better than ever and my back doesn't hurt afterwards, which is a good sign. So far I think it is doing wonders for strength and legs are seeing a bit of thickness for once too. Sometimes less is more!!! Will do 95kg, 100kg and so on in the coming weeks and it'll be interesting to see how I go.

I'm also doing box jumps and steep hill climbs some weeks, which I think are helping too.