• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are holden serious.... 422kw hsv's.

they just raised the bar even more!!!

what are your thoughts on the new cars of today. there just asking for people to kill themselves

its not a holden or HSV release, its just a regular maloo (62k) that someone has taken to Walkinshaw and had highly modified. its no different to any one of us taking our car to a performance workshop and getting a bigger turbo put on.

for 36k worth of mods (yes, that's how much the guy paid!) i would rather buy myself a second car or put a deposit on a house than have a p.o.s. car that still looks and handles like arse.

Yeah its bullshit that they hassle us, I dont understand it. They keep adding more power shitter fuel economy and more weight so it just evens itself out. Still runs a 13 second pass so they still cant get things right. I work for them and know how much shortcuts they take thats why the VE is such shit build quality half the parts are made from korea, Anyway not going to rant about them as im not biased but still with that much power you would expect the thing to move and not pay $40 of petrol to get down the street.

are holden serious.... 422kw hsv's.

they just raised the bar even more!!!

what are your thoughts on the new cars of today. there just asking for people to kill themselves

With all the new safety devices such as esp etc the car wont let you spin the wheels and go sideways and drive the car like its meant to be driven so its still very controllable but just takes out the fun of having so much power, And look how much they weigh getting very close to the 2 ton mark.

my 2 cents

few of my mates work at holden,they said they got to choose subtle mods for 1 of the cars.which they then sell as brand new,weird stuff like Managers choice of mods or something.

Didn't really listen or care as its just holden.

Scott might be able to clear that up abit.

I cant say much as i have signed a confidentiality agreement but i know a fair bit of stuff in the pipeline, And have driven most of the VE range and doing work on the Pontiac GTO at the moment.

But I like taking them for a thrash but nothing makes me happier than leaving the carpark in either my 32 GTR or 33 gtst, I loved jap cars along time before i started here and after all the bull shit i go through working here, You wonder why i drive Nissans and love them!

Yeah its bullshit that they hassle us, I dont understand it. They keep adding more power shitter fuel economy and more weight so it just evens itself out. Still runs a 13 second pass so they still cant get things right. I work for them and know how much shortcuts they take thats why the VE is such shit build quality half the parts are made from korea, Anyway not going to rant about them as im not biased but still with that much power you would expect the thing to move and not pay $40 of petrol to get down the street.

They do 13's standard? Is that a fact or just what you're assuming?

When are the government going to stand up and have a "super car" scare like in the 70's ?

We're in an oil crisis now just like then so the have multiple excuses to ban em building these things.... I reckon it might be coming.

My old man has a supercharged (+ shit loads of other mods) 03 CV8 Monaro with over 500HP at the wheels and i can tell you it handles, drives and accelerates better then probably 90% of the skylines on here (i have a skyline so im not being bias in anyway) and it can still drive in everyday traffic unlike some of the cars here. I hate people that comment on how shit *insert car name here* are when they have never driven one or could never afford one, but somehow there 200rwkw GTST skyline or whatever is the best thing in the world.

Seriously some of you guys need to wake up.

My 2 cents worth.

Edited by PM-R33

afaik this isn't a new thing - you can buy a monaro in the UK (vauxall) and get the snail puffer fitted as a dealer option and keep your factory warranty. Holden have always under engineered their cars on the showroom floor. You just have to look at the current LS1 championships for UNOPENED LS1 powered commonwhores.

Guest trikdoutvl

LOL i smell jealousy in the air LOL,,,,,,, commodores are awsome i dont know how u people can live in australia+ skylines are awsome 2............. if u want factory warrenty n be left alone the move to japan n buy a factory r35 simple............ why do people with other cars always hate on other models..... id be happy to have a skyline to go with my commodore in the drive way any day of the week..

my 2 cents