SAU Community

New Motor Mag. 422kw Maloo. Wtf

R33GOD

What do you define as 'creature comforts'? My Skyline has power windows, mirrors, climate control, CD player and ABS as well as AWD, theres nothing that a VX SS has which mine dosen't apart from an electronically adjustable drivers seat (bearing in mind that my Skyline is a 12/89 vs a 9/01 Holden). Funny how the mate that owns it bought a HR31 GTS because he disliked the SS for the same reasons I did. Have you ever driven one? I'm purely drawing from my own experiences here rather than making baseless statements with the source being motoring magazines or other forum posts.

Also, I don't know if you've ever tried doing work to an LS1 motor, but we found they were an absolute PAIN in the arse to work on, especially with changing plugs and leads. Even my 5 litre is annoying compared to an RB motor.

Being a Commodore owner for several years I can also see the advantages in them, namely cheap and plentiful parts, more mechanics and tuners know how to deal with them, and the fact that unless very modified, any average Joe can hop in and drive one without too much hassle. They also tend to be easier to sell.

The seats and interior would also be on par. Granted that the SS has an electronic dash, but mine has a Microtech one which has all and more functions apart from electronic speedo.

Could you please explain where my ignorance lies? I pointed out that different cars are marketed towards different demographics (well grey imports aren't really 'marketed', they are more of an enthusiast thing to start out with.) in an attempt to convey to everyone else in this thread exactly what this TWR Maloo in particular and on broader terms the current HSV/FPV lineup are all about, not to mention they aren't being sold towards people who like harsh to drive, loud and tempermental cars.

If i were to be 'hektik', perhaps I'd be found in say a VL SL Turbo painted Absinthe yellow with a truck intercooler and stock wheels painted silver?

If you believe Skylines to be 'pieces of shit', and you do indeed drive a Porsche as indicated in your signature, perhaps you might like to GTFO and sign up to a Porsche specific forum which might more suit your interests. Unless of course you're purely here to troll.

Referring to this,

Me personally, i wish my car was more like a mates Cefiro - no sound deadening (weight reduction), straight through exhaust and suspension so hard you can barely make the car move when you jump on it! but thats just my preference for harsh cars I guess.

You seem like a typical 21 year old tool that would give other car enthusiasts a bad name by

banging it down into first at 50km/h and dropping the clutch

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The point I was making was outlining the pros and cons then giving my personal opinion, good job on the personal attacks though, you obviously thought long and hard about that one.

I prefer a car which gives the driver the most feedback when driving, not some homogenised fly by wire type vehicle with no personality. Yes that is me personally, if you think thats indicative of younger drivers, or out of some sort of ignorance then you're a fool yourself.

Given the surprisingly strong driveline of the LS1 SS models, you can get away with that sort of behavior without breaking things, I dont see how this would make me a '21 year old tool'. unless it were on a private road.

this TWR Maloo in particular and on broader terms the current HSV/FPV lineup are all about, not to mention they aren't being sold towards people who like harsh to drive, loud and tempermental cars.

Thats right, grownups generally are the ones those cars are marketed at.

my bad, I meant unless on a public road.

You'd be an absolute fool to buy any sort of V8 / turbo Ford or Holden and think that it hasn't been driven hard. The newer models seem to have a much stronger gearbox as well as the LS1 being an inherently tougher motor than the old 5 litre. I don't know what planet you're on but its an extremely rare sight to see a new HSV/FPV/SS/XR6T being babied everywhere. I also doubt that a 422kw Maloo is going to be used as a tradie ute either.

this is being stupid. [200], and to a lesser extent Floody are just trying to troll the thread into a complete departure from the original topic.

Seriously, if you've got nothing else to say than try and patronise me or criticise, don't bother opening the thread.

Edited by bozodos

i loled at this whole tred, every third post is saying the exact same thing just using different words and said by a different person.. and the whole, anyone whos opinion differs from me is a lesser life form..

i think everthing that can be said has been.. might be time to close the tred. the only this that is happening now is insult and counter insult between some members

my bad, I meant unless on a public road.

You'd be an absolute fool to buy any sort of V8 / turbo Ford or Holden and think that it hasn't been driven hard. The newer models seem to have a much stronger gearbox as well as the LS1 being an inherently tougher motor than the old 5 litre. I don't know what planet you're on but its an extremely rare sight to see a new HSV/FPV/SS/XR6T being babied everywhere. I also doubt that a 422kw Maloo is going to be used as a tradie ute either.

this is being stupid. [200], and to a lesser extent Floody are just trying to troll the thread into a complete departure from the original topic.

Seriously, if you've got nothing else to say than try and patronise me or criticise, don't bother opening the thread.

It doesnt really matter what you do on a 'private road', unless its a racetrack, police will get involved if anything dangerous is happening.

There is a difference between buying a car thats been driven hard versus a car thats had the living shit thrashed out of it. So you think that changing any car into 1st at 50km/h and dropping the clutch is driving it hard? Wake up you yourself! It is not a rare sight at all, I am sure the ones that you've seen being thrashed around are the ones owned by your mate and immature, irresponsible people like him and yourself.

Sorry that you find my opinion on this topic patronising or critical, I am merly sharing my opinion. I am not asking to to accept it, everyone is young and stupid at some stage of their life. Its just a shame that people only get older and even more stupid!

It doesnt really matter what you do on a 'private road', unless its a racetrack, police will get involved if anything dangerous is happening.

There is a difference between buying a car thats been driven hard versus a car thats had the living shit thrashed out of it. So you think that changing any car into 1st at 50km/h and dropping the clutch is driving it hard? Wake up you yourself! It is not a rare sight at all, I am sure the ones that you've seen being thrashed around are the ones owned by your mate and immature, irresponsible people like him and yourself.

Sorry that you find my opinion on this topic patronising or critical, I am merly sharing my opinion. I am not asking to to accept it, everyone is young and stupid at some stage of their life. Its just a shame that people only get older and even more stupid!

Used to do it all the time in the old Camaro that the olds used to own...

Mind you, it also topped out first gear 112KM/H.

Also, if it's an auto, it won't snap down to 1st gear at 50km/h. Complete lock out from down shifting once above 45km/h in the autos.

You guys seem to like to argue about shit too.

Personally, I'm looking to sell my Skyline and buy an SS.

Why...

Doesn't stand out, plenty of grunt from the big 8 with just as much, if not more potential, and the FE2 suspension, from the factory, is unreal IMO.

I haven't found ANY factory suspension that really matches it.

Man...I just read all 12 pages and the stuff that people post it's like the freaks have came out of nowhere.

Look i use to drive a VR Calais which wasn't confortable. My older brothers had a worked up VH SL/E 5 litre and VL Calias V8 Stroked to a 355. They were all nice...I don't mind some Fords but not a big fan...(working on some fords are a nightmare)

What car do I have now...Nissan Stagea?? Why I wanted to be different have a wagon but still have a bit of grunt.

As you can see i've grown up with alot of cars around me (big booming V8's, rotaries, turbos)....and every car has it's good and bad points

You still can't beat a sound of rumbling V8 (IMO).

holy crap how this thread is still open i got no idea

i used to love reading SAU for all the informative posts and sharing of ideas.

these days it seems like its all bitching and moaning and 'my wang is bigger than yours' or 'will my 12" long cock make a girl scream louder than my mates 6" wide cock'.

jesus some of you just need to STFU and get on with your lives.

i know my post isn't related to the topic but then again..how many are??

422kw UTE is terrific...if they can do it why not. I'd love 422kw in my skyline anyday. Who cares if it hard to drive, the package looks reliable and it'l bring a smile to anyones face :thumbsup:

anyway....carry on...

http://www.autocult.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?id=1120

^ Link to article about the 422kw motor. Looks like it's not really all that good value for the money, IMO twin turbo would be a better and more efficient option.

This is way off topic, but I just thought I'd clarify further...

Look at the end of it, it's his car not mine, and if he wants to drive it like that, well he can afford repairs on it (So far a clutch and a diff in 2 years of ownership, which is testament to how bloody strong thse things are.) Without wanting to waffle on with irrelevance for too long, simply put the gearboxes are VERY strong, don't have a lockout like Skyline boxes and top out at around 90km/h in first IIRC. I DON'T drive my cars like this either, I've never even flatshifted my R32 for fear of wrecking something.

Edited by bozodos