New Motor Mag. 422kw Maloo. Wtf

R33GOD

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My old man has a supercharged (+ shit loads of other mods) 03 CV8 Monaro with over 500HP at the wheels and i can tell you it handles, drives and accelerates better then probably 90% of the skylines on here (i have a skyline so im not being bias in anyway) and it can still drive in everyday traffic unlike some of the cars here. I hate people that comment on how shit *insert car name here* are when they have never driven one or could never afford one, but somehow there 200rwkw GTST skyline or whatever is the best thing in the world.

Seriously some of you guys need to wake up.

My 2 cents worth.

Completely agree & I'm a Skyline owner as well...

I have a mate with a TT LS1 and wouldnt even consider any Skyline over it...500rwkw it is an absolute animal whilst still extremely tame for everyday driving whilst not needing the worlds biggest turbos to do so.. :D

Edited by Yidz

haha yeah they do 13's as standard - the V8's now and not much to do to get em into the 12's

Ok the build quality isnt the best, however for a family car with grunt, they are pretty good bang for buck.

Ive driven a TT ls1 ute, awesome power!!!awesome sound!!!

although it doesnt suit my needs so I dont need one, Im happy with my line :D

Considering that im sure a 32gtr with the same power output would mince it on the track or strip.. What would you rather drive? I have had a commodore and it was supercharged, yes it was fast and it did handle as well. But it lacked the real feeling that a gtr has.

Considering that im sure a 32gtr with the same power output would mince it on the track or strip.. What would you rather drive? I have had a commodore and it was supercharged, yes it was fast and it did handle as well. But it lacked the real feeling that a gtr has.

All depends on your requirements....

A 32 GTR isn't very practical for many people, nor not everyone likes them.

All depends on your requirements....

A 32 GTR isn't very practical for many people, nor not everyone likes them.

Well for those "many" people and "everyone" who doesnt like R32 GTRs they can stick with Holdens... while others who can afford the practicality of a Skyline and likes Skylines can buy a Skyline.

Your mate with a 500kw Commodore... like many/most Commodore drivers out there I'm sure he loves his Holden and wouldnt want a Skyline. But for others and the converted I'm sure they would take a 500kw Skyline over the Commodore.... its all personal preference - I'd take a 500kw R32/R33/R34/R35 GTR over ANY Commodore. :D

Guest trikdoutvl

holden V nissan could easily go on for...

its simple

if ur a burnout person by a holden

if ur a fast corners person by a skyline

if ur a fence sitter by both!!!!!

Well for those "many" people and "everyone" who doesnt like R32 GTRs they can stick with Holdens... while others who can afford the practicality of a Skyline and likes Skylines can buy a Skyline.

Your mate with a 500kw Commodore... like many/most Commodore drivers out there I'm sure he loves his Holden and wouldnt want a Skyline. But for others and the converted I'm sure they would take a 500kw Skyline over the Commodore.... its all personal preference - I'd take a 500kw R32/R33/R34/R35 GTR over ANY Commodore. :)

Thats exactly what I meant... :)

Also depends what motor you are looking to modify also :) Some people are V8's & only V8's whereas some people are Turbo's only...

is it just me or have the last few commo's all had to been recalled?

my friend has a vy and it had something wrong with the airbags and the ve has issues with pipes rubbing and bursting into flames.

why dont they just bring out a 454 holden?

is it just me or have the last few commo's all had to been recalled?

my friend has a vy and it had something wrong with the airbags and the ve has issues with pipes rubbing and bursting into flames.

why dont they just bring out a 454 holden?

I dont really see what the big deal is with the recall's. The latest one is only for a minor change and apparently doesnt take long at all. Most of the top selling cars have had them through their time (Falcon, Aurion, Commodore). I believe its only 1 or 2 cars it has happened to out of the 1000's they have sold.

I dont really see what the big deal is with the recall's. The latest one is only for a minor change and apparently doesnt take long at all. Most of the top selling cars have had them through their time (Falcon, Aurion, Commodore). I believe its only 1 or 2 cars it has happened to out of the 1000's they have sold.

Exactly right.

Please don't tell me some of you guys really think that there were no recalls on such a mass produced car such as the skyline in Japan....

Too the people saying that they would rather a a 500rwkw skyline over a 500rwkw LS1 or whatever, fair enough. However i can guarantee the 500rwkw LS1 wont need to rev to 5500rpm just to come onto boost.....

Exactly right.

Please don't tell me some of you guys really think that there were no recalls on such a mass produced car such as the skyline in Japan....

Too the people saying that they would rather a a 500rwkw skyline over a 500rwkw LS1 or whatever, fair enough. However i can guarantee the 500rwkw LS1 wont need to rev to 5500rpm just to come onto boost.....

i think somebody needs to buy a hsv and ditch his skyline lol jk :)

Exactly right.

Must be a pretty crappy modified skyline to need to be rev'd to 5500rpm to come onto boost!

I too can exaggerate! I can guarantee that the 500kw skyline will outhandle the LS1... oh wait its not much of an exaggeration. :D

Oh btw Holden LS1 forum is that way. Bye! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

My old man has a supercharged (+ shit loads of other mods) 03 CV8 Monaro with over 500HP at the wheels and i can tell you it handles, drives and accelerates better then probably 90% of the skylines on here (i have a skyline so im not being bias in anyway) and it can still drive in everyday traffic unlike some of the cars here. I hate people that comment on how shit *insert car name here* are when they have never driven one or could never afford one, but somehow there 200rwkw GTST skyline or whatever is the best thing in the world.

Seriously some of you guys need to wake up.

My 2 cents worth.

Here here. Small minds.

Must be a pretty crappy modified skyline to need to be rev'd to 5500rpm to come onto boost!

I too can exaggerate! I can guarantee that the 500kw skyline will outhandle the LS1... oh wait its not much of an exaggeration. :D

Oh btw Holden LS1 forum is that way. Bye! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Pfft mate i love my car and wouldn't sell it for anything, not because its a skyline but because its my car and it means a lot to me. Its probably a lot more modified then yours and i probably know a lot more about them then you so don't give me smart ass comments like that! It's just im not the type of person that says ohh a Ferrrari Modena is a crap car because my skyline does a 1/4 mile time quicker then it by 0.3 seconds and has 20 more HP then it or some crap.

And what are u comparing anyway a 4 door SS commodore to a 2 door AWD GTR? Yeah fair enough the GTR will out handle it hands down. Lets flip the coin however, how about comparing a 4 door skyline to a 2 door Monaro, i can gaurantee the monaro will outhandle it. So if your going to give out such great advise how about you specify what your talking about instead of being a smart ass b*tch.