SAU Community

Melbourne Import Car Yards

RBPOWA-(TJ)

HEY im thinking of buying a Nissan Stagea from SSV imports on Clayton rd and Princess Hwy . . . .now im trying to sus them out but they wont say anything negative about themselfs .... they always have Stageas in Stock along with Delica's .... Supra's ... 33-34... Rx7 and the odd GTO...

If anyone has delt with them or anyone other dealership that imports ... please list and review so i can do my research firmly and not just dive into what i think may be a good deal ...

Thanks heaps people

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... OR to put it in forum rules (And a little more circumspect)....

J-spec A+

Prestige A+

SSV recommended by others

Kamikaze has been recommended.

JSA does not have a grading that can be posted, due to forum rules.

I'd talk to funky munky here before importing though. Yes he is part of J-spec, but he knows his stuff.

Read between the (sky)lines

SSV was one of the dealerships i visited when looking for my skyline. Top place, great prices, and Mark knows his stuff. Saff_cossie bought his evo from them. Their cars look pretty much faultless - Id really look at their cars when considering buying one. I went with GTAuto in the end because I got a better deal though.

I bought my stagea off them and a mate bought a V35 and found both cars to be be best I have looked at and I have loved the Stagea... I know that they also back up their warranty and have found them to be very good.

Let me know if you need a hand

I hear J-Spec does lots of Stageas, so probably can't hurt to go with them.

We comply them, but don't usually bring them in unless for a customer buying using our auction service.

cheers,

david @ carizma

also, probably the nicest import showroom I've seen is grand turismo on spencer street...it's not a yard, it's a showroom

IB4TL :D

GTA in West Melb

GTA = Grand Theft Autos (plus you can't trust a car salesman who looks like Joe Pesci)

LOL! Atleast they let me test drive the R32 GTR they had, but it was being driven by an employee at the same time their are selling it. Wouldn't give me a price and take no trade ins.

JSA Imports, got a few cars but if ya wanna know a story PM me.

I bought my car from Carizma so ask him(David) on this forum for details.

kamikaze had quite a range too.

Best is to check out the dealers for yaself and see how they all are. BTW bring a mechanic with you if not ya not one.

SSV - A+++ Purchased my R33 through them last year, great example, great price, great blokes to deal with. One of my mates

also just purchased a 34 GTT through them, again a perfect example at a reasonable price. Go with them.

Carisma - Purchased my S15 silvia through them in '03, it was a clean car and they were happy to help after the sale.

Cheers,

Thanks for the comment.

stolen_s15: By the way, saw your signature: we got a brand new R33 S2 windscreen fitted for one of our cars for $200 bucks at our mechanic. Why are you looking for used?

SSV - A+++ Purchased my R33 through them last year, great example, great price, great blokes to deal with. One of my mates

also just purchased a 34 GTT through them, again a perfect example at a reasonable price. Go with them.

Carisma - Purchased my S15 silvia through them in '03, it was a clean car and they were happy to help after the sale.

Cheers,

Thanks for the comment.

stolen_s15: By the way, saw your signature: we got a brand new R33 S2 windscreen fitted for one of our cars for $200 bucks at our mechanic. Why are you looking for used?

Just wanting to get it done as cheap as possible, but if thats the price of a new one then I'll do that.

i dunno, SSV gave me the impression that they are f*k heads, they bad every other shop out there and constantly think there top notch.

i wouldn't buy a car from them personally, because all there cars sit ouside 365 days a year during all conditions, unlike kamakaze all there stock are inhouse sealed away.

of course non of this matter if ur directly importing from japan.