SAU Community

Melbourne Import Car Yards

RBPOWA-(TJ)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at SSV when deciding between the 32 and a Supra, It's a long drive from Melton to oakleigh so I called them first and asked if I came down could I test drive it as I'd never driven one before, I got asked if I was seriously going to purchase the car to which I replied yeah but not if I don't like the way it drives and he said ok. I got there, the car was ready, one of the dudes jumped in the back and I took it for a 5 minute drive. It was a nice car but was a 93 and I wanted later model if going a supra and it also had a clunk in the suspension, so I said thanks but no thanks and left. They didn't really kick up a fuss or anything.

I ended up going to GTA to get the 32 as they were the only place in Melbourne that had VSpecII's in stock. I drove the 2 they had, one was an absolute cop of a car the other one I bought. I had quite an experience buying from them and because of the events that happened over the 4 weeks I would NEVER buy from them again and couldn't really recommend them either. They have some nice cars, but..... If you want the story, PM me. That is all

On that note...

If anyones had any particularly HORRIBLE or EXCELLENT expeirences with importers, please PM me.

I am on the verge of throwing my cash at one and need all the advice i can get.

Thanks in advance

I recommend 'Holford Motors' in Spotswood. I have know Domenic the director/ founder for close to 10 years now. I have purchased from him a total of 4 cars, 1 direct from his yard as a fresh import and the rest we hunted in Japan and imported as personal imports.

Domenic is fair and down to earth as long as you give him your budget for the entire purchase, vehicle specs, his agents in Japan will find you the car, email photos and video, you give the go ahead and get the ball rolling. Be prepared, finding the perfect car can take 3-4 weeks.

PM me for more details or call Domenic at Holford Motors and inform him that you've been referred by 'Peter and Natasha'.

Rule of thumb, don't f$ck him around and you won't get f$cked over.

http://www.holfordmotors.com/

Try kamikaze mate,

From TJ's experience, they're pretty awesome,

Kamikaze went into receivership last year around august

and from my experience they were FAR from awesome..

bought my r33 from them - they pocketed all the money i paid and never put through any forms to vicroads.

so a year later when registration is due - they still own my car..

after about 7 months of screwing around proving I paid for the car and owned it and they had gone broke - i had to deal with the company which took over receivership.

oh well i did end up buying the Stagea, but not from a dealership, from private seller.

so i have no actual experience with importing a car from these dealerships.

Kamikazemotors webpage was infected for a while, my scanner wouldn't let me view their page. all working now thought.

Stagea is now sold also haha damn rust bucket. i could find a 1970's holden with less rust then that 2000 Nissan.

I recommend 'Holford Motors' in Spotswood. I have know Domenic the director/ founder for close to 10 years now. I have purchased from him a total of 4 cars, 1 direct from his yard as a fresh import and the rest we hunted in Japan and imported as personal imports.

Domenic is fair and down to earth as long as you give him your budget for the entire purchase, vehicle specs, his agents in Japan will find you the car, email photos and video, you give the go ahead and get the ball rolling. Be prepared, finding the perfect car can take 3-4 weeks.

PM me for more details or call Domenic at Holford Motors and inform him that you've been referred by 'Peter and Natasha'.

2nd that,

I met Domenic at a friends wedding.

Seems like a good guy to deal with.

dom ++

have used him a few times and is great to deal with even when i broke his balls for a certain type of gtr lol we got it in the end for the budget we were chasing. He kept me updated daily and made the process very easy.

i will be seing him again for my next one thats for sure.

ECR33_RB25DET - read the board rules.

post removed

C'mon R31Nismoid!!! be realistic man!!! People are asking for opinions and best advice, we don't want fellow members to purchase a lemon. This is the point of the thread. Don't see you taking the other posts off where opinions of other businesses appear.

I am not advertising, I am just talking from experience, not try to put other businesses down.

Defamatory remarks made towards businesses or individuals will not be tolerated on this website - We understand that if you have had a bad experience with a business you want to warn other people of said experience. Unfortunately, the same publicly expressed opinion could be viewed as libelous and/or constitute an attempt to deter business from any individual or business. Australian law holds the site owner partly responsible for any defamatory remarks posted on said website, and that is unacceptable. Informing people via PM's is tolerated as it is not a public message. With this said, feel free to post any information about a business or individual that you have had good dealings with.

by Ash not controlling it, he can get in trouble by the business for allowing that negative remark to be on a public forum.

think it has happened before. Rules are there to protect everyone.

well said. I went as far as I could about my experience, the rest went via PM to a couple of people. I know for a fact that some of the dealers mentioned in here lurk around these forums... in the shaddows... watching you sleep.... watching you, um, do other things... muhahahha

well said. I went as far as I could about my experience, the rest went via PM to a couple of people. I know for a fact that some of the dealers mentioned in here lurk around these forums... in the shaddows... watching you sleep.... watching you, um, do other things... muhahahha

They are everywhere not just here.