SAU Community

Melbourne Import Car Yards

RBPOWA-(TJ)

i dunno, SSV gave me the impression that they are f*k heads, they bad every other shop out there and constantly think there top notch.

i wouldn't buy a car from them personally, because all there cars sit ouside 365 days a year during all conditions, unlike kamakaze all there stock are inhouse sealed away.

of course non of this matter if ur directly importing from japan.

And how many cars have you purchased from them? Your unfounded comments are part of the reason there are rules against rubbishing business' on the forums.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how many cars have you purchased from them? Your unfounded comments are part of the reason there are rules against rubbishing business' on the forums.

I personally did purchase my car from SSV and Mark and his dad do act like wankers, everything they say is about how good their shop/cars are, they will never willingly point out the faults/flaws in the cars they have even when you yourself point it out to them. They constantly assume you have no knowledge whatsoever about the cars that that are in front of you and in turn lie to you because of their assumption. Now im not saying they have bad cars, the cars they get are some of the cleanest cars around, thats the reason i made my purchase there and with enough bargaining you will knock their prices down to reasonable levels aswell but at first look their prices are hugely inflated. Just as an example my car was advertised at $15,990 for a 97' R33 Series 2 GTS4. I ended up purchasing it for $13,600 and i could have bought it for $12,500 without rego and RWC.

I was able to spot them out on several occasions where i was lied to about small details regarding my car. From the fact that that it was complied even though i was told it wasnt, to being told that everything was working order and tested in the car, only to find out after purchase that the 4 wheel drive system in my car was not funtioning due to a blown fuse. I was also not given the 2 tools that come with the carjack used to wind it up/down and to remove wheel nuts (i had to come back for that and even then i was questioned about it).

I have on several occasions taken friends of mine to look at the cars they have there and each and everytime i have gone there i have experienced this same attitude, in summary the cars at SSV are very good quality, but the salesman treat you like an idiot. So if you plan to go there which i think you should , just be prepared to listen to a lot of bullshit and do a lot of bargaining and check the car out with a trusted mechanic or knowledgeable friend. This is what i have done. My car has not had one mechanical problem in the 18months that i have owned it or the 30,000 kms that i have driven it.

Hope this was helpful.

I personally did purchase my car from SSV and Mark and his dad do act like wankers, everything they say is about how good their shop/cars are, they will never willingly point out the faults/flaws in the cars they have even when you yourself point it out to them. They constantly assume you have no knowledge whatsoever about the cars that that are in front of you and in turn lie to you because of their assumption. Now im not saying they have bad cars, the cars they get are some of the cleanest cars around, thats the reason i made my purchase there and with enough bargaining you will knock their prices down to reasonable levels aswell but at first look their prices are hugely inflated. Just as an example my car was advertised at $15,990 for a 97' R33 Series 2 GTS4. I ended up purchasing it for $13,600 and i could have bought it for $12,500 without rego and RWC.

I was able to spot them out on several occasions where i was lied to about small details regarding my car. From the fact that that it was complied even though i was told it wasnt, to being told that everything was working order and tested in the car, only to find out after purchase that the 4 wheel drive system in my car was not funtioning due to a blown fuse. I was also not given the 2 tools that come with the carjack used to wind it up/down and to remove wheel nuts (i had to come back for that and even then i was questioned about it).

I have on several occasions taken friends of mine to look at the cars they have there and each and everytime i have gone there i have experienced this same attitude, in summary the cars at SSV are very good quality, but the salesman treat you like an idiot. So if you plan to go there which i think you should , just be prepared to listen to a lot of bullshit and do a lot of bargaining and check the car out with a trusted mechanic or knowledgeable friend. This is what i have done. My car has not had one mechanical problem in the 18months that i have owned it or the 30,000 kms that i have driven it.

Hope this was helpful.

Wow, I've never had that sort of treatment from them, shame you and your mates experienced it. The only bad thing I could say about them is when you first walk in you really need to drag them out of the office if you want to look inside the cars, or ask them questions. But I assume that because of the heaps of tyre kickers they would get in.

Wow, I've never had that sort of treatment from them, shame you and your mates experienced it. The only bad thing I could say about them is when you first walk in you really need to drag them out of the office if you want to look inside the cars, or ask them questions. But I assume that because of the heaps of tyre kickers they would get in.

Its quite easy to get that attitude from them, question some of the things they tell you, walk in and ask for a test drive, they will tell its the best ... (insert car model here) they have seen so far and dont want drive it around if your not willing to put a deposit down. I remember i was there one time and the car my friend and I were looking at needed fuel, Mark came up with every excuse under the sun not to take it out before we gave a deposit. Was easy enough to get a drive because I simply told him that if weren't able to see the car for ourselves then there was no point for us being there... Just shows the kind of pushy salesman that he is and the approach that is used.

When I was buying my car I was extremely thourough since it was my first car and I took approximately 2months and 4 test drives with 4 different people on 4 different occasions before i finally bought it. I had to argue and debate every single time i wanted to take the car out. I actually found it quite funny at how frustrated they were getting everytime i left the place without giving them anything... sure i might have looked like a test pilot etc. but i didnt really care since i was making the biggest purchase of my life I was going be 100% sure that it was the right one.

wow nice goin . . . only prob for me is that they have no auto stagea .. sure i'll test drive a manual and feel the power difference and wanna buy that one .. but when it comes to peak hour traffic i will wish i bought the auto ... Mark i think it was said they dont get the auto's in as often due to lack or interest .. and yeah i was there with my mum cause she is goin to be backing up my loan. and my mum started to get angry with the lack of assistance. i basically had to try and open four different car before they came out to see whats goin on . but they do have nice clean cars inside and out

Its quite easy to get that attitude from them, question some of the things they tell you, walk in and ask for a test drive, they will tell its the best ... (insert car model here) they have seen so far and dont want drive it around if your not willing to put a deposit down. I remember i was there one time and the car my friend and I were looking at needed fuel, Mark came up with every excuse under the sun not to take it out before we gave a deposit. Was easy enough to get a drive because I simply told him that if weren't able to see the car for ourselves then there was no point for us being there... Just shows the kind of pushy salesman that he is and the approach that is used.

When I was buying my car I was extremely thourough since it was my first car and I took approximately 2months and 4 test drives with 4 different people on 4 different occasions before i finally bought it. I had to argue and debate every single time i wanted to take the car out. I actually found it quite funny at how frustrated they were getting everytime i left the place without giving them anything... sure i might have looked like a test pilot etc. but i didnt really care since i was making the biggest purchase of my life I was going be 100% sure that it was the right one.

i dunno, SSV gave me the impression that they are f*k heads, they bad every other shop out there and constantly think there top notch.

i wouldn't buy a car from them personally, because all there cars sit ouside 365 days a year during all conditions, unlike kamakaze all there stock are inhouse sealed away.

of course non of this matter if ur directly importing from japan.

Go buy from them and then post. SSV = awesome car yard.

Edited by Modena

I imported my car through prestige, good company. I know a few others who have followed me and they have all been pleased.

Know people who have gone with J-spec, similar stories.

Know someone who went with SSV, car wasn't quite as good as they made out but none the less he is happy with his car.

My personal opinion would be to aim to import yourself as you have a much larger supply to select from.

yeah about SSV, they have some of the cleanest cars around, but i have been there a couple of times with andru (R34NRG) and i think it was marks dad that was talking to us, and he did have a bad attitude, like hes better than you and he knows better than you, i found if asking him q's, he didnt give you answers, he gave you a statements in a way that told you they were matter of fact, and that nothing else could possibly be right

and SEI... hahahahahah i used to work there for a couple of weeks, and told everyone i knew to stay away, then my best mate the dumb c*nt goes there and buys a car that i didnt know about till it was too late. all the inner guards on the rear were rusted like all f*ck, seriously like 5k+ if he wanted to repair it, all on a non turbo skyline that he payed ~16k for.....

LOL!

yeah about SSV, they have some of the cleanest cars around, but i have been there a couple of times with andru (R34NRG) and i think it was marks dad that was talking to us, and he did have a bad attitude, like hes better than you and he knows better than you, i found if asking him q's, he didnt give you answers, he gave you a statements in a way that told you they were matter of fact, and that nothing else could possibly be right

and SEI... hahahahahah i used to work there for a couple of weeks, and told everyone i knew to stay away, then my best mate the dumb c*nt goes there and buys a car that i didnt know about till it was too late. all the inner guards on the rear were rusted like all f*ck, seriously like 5k+ if he wanted to repair it, all on a non turbo skyline that he payed ~16k for.....

hey got my own conclusion to were i will buy from ... i first went to SSV after looking at a stagea in the misty rain for around 5mins (which is a long time when ur getting wet) some on finaly came out to help me .. some young dude ... anywho he was helpful in a sense were he explained the whole gig about importing a car thru them and gave me prices and E.T.A's but then tried to sell me a stagea s1 that has been modifired u have see it on carsales.com .. silver with what it looks like are twin 3inch front mount with piping poking out thru the front bar and a boost gage infront of the dials and non airbag steering wheel. then i got him stuck when i asked him if i gave him cash straight then (which i didnt have) could i sign papers and drive it home .. he wasnt sure .. then i went on asking him is RWC with those huge exhaust .. he has never heard the car before but yet ive seen it there 6times over teh past 2months and always its in a different area .. no one touching it .. .. i then left saying i would be back next week .. (peaceful exit)

i then made the trip to Nunawading for Kamikazimotors.com after looking for a car park down a side street (damn no stading zones all over) i was gretting with a r34 GTR and a Ford cossworth both in mint showroom condition spotting about 6 stageas along one wall and on the other side the whole crew having there lunch. so i just looked around untill they were done .. after peeping in the windows for not even 2mins one bloke Andy left his lunch break to give assistance .. he also ran thru the import guidelines because they didnt have and dual sunroof s2's there this one seemed more promising.. knowing how well they look after there cars and could answer anything i asked about the car and wasnt afraid to tell me an trick they may do such as with import a car if it meets there order list and maybe has a scratch here or there or a crack or small dint, they will pick it up bring it here and during compliance will repair it to new .. anything major that doesnt look like the odd kid bumped into it or a ball as dented it they wont look twice cause maybe the left overs of a smash .. and they dont bring rusty door hinch effected cars over either .. no mods .. no after market ecu .. they find the most stock as stock. also told me is was 5k deposit which seems alot but in the long run it works out beter ... say its 17k .. 5kdeposit takes them time to find the car then maybe 1-2months max u can save more and take out a smaller loan of 10k (my idea u may use)and it comes with 3yr warranty.. they have there own workshop if u wish to mod the car and still have the warranty .. run it past them first and they will see if your mod will void the warranty and by them installing the mod it will fall under there instal warranty im led to belive .. so i know who im goin with to import my Stagea II ...

just thort i'd let u know my conclusion and feed back ... thanks for your help guys ..cheers

I got my 1996 S2 R33 From SSV on princess hwy. Great people to deal with and from what me and other mechanics could see at the time, good cars.

My r33 turned out to be in apsolute amazing condition inside, outside, engine and mechanically wise and underneath. I reccomend them!

And i doubt anyone tryin to sell something is going to put themselves down and lose a sale lol

Good Luck

• 2 years later...

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I have been in contact with both SSV and J-Spec so far...

Both got back to my online inquiry within 24hrs, but havent heard anything in 3 days...

This weekend im tempted to drive around to them and have a perve, but I get the feel people wont be interested to talk to me, unless I have $20k in my pocket.

Bes option?

^ sounds like your typical majority of band-wagon bashers as opposed to actual truths TBH.

The post from Jason is worth reading in response to those tyre kickers.

I won't go into detail on my experience with them suffice to say I would not deal with them again.

Jason seemed like a stand up guy, but Shui (is that his name?) really f**ked us over.

I won't go into detail on my experience with them suffice to say I would not deal with them again.

Jason seemed like a stand up guy, but Shui (is that his name?) really f**ked us over.

When i bought my evo through the private seller, they had originally bought it through Kamikaze and had it serviced there

i got the rwc through them and Shui and Jason both helped me heaps