SAU Community

Got A Question For You All

ok i own a 4 door r34 25gt i got some tein suspension ready to put on until i found out my rears are the fork design, even though i have read everywhere that only the turbo and the gt-v versions have the fork design so why the hell does mine? Also i have found some nismo rear suspension but they are from a r33 gtr so they will fit but would it work ok or not that well on a 4 door. only reason i ask is because people say dont get r33 gtr fronts because the fronts weigh more and it wont work. also i can get front nismo suspension so thats why i was wondering with the rear nismo items. also do you know any good set up as im only looking to lower it for street use as its my daily driver so im guessing ill need springs an upgraded shockers to go with them.

thanks in advance.

have you ever ran your VIN through Nissan FAST? you may have a GT-V

also wondering why you didn't just get underneath and have a look? it's not that hard. it would have prevented you buying suspension that won't fit.

In terms of 32's (may be the same for r34's)

gtr/gts4 = fork

gts/t = Pillow and ball

I heard that 4door 34's dont rum the same as 2door..

Edited by GTS4WD

i knew i should have looked i guess i shouldn't have assumed, anyway i got my money back as well so it wasnt that bad. oh crap i just remembered i have r34 turbo brakes would that change the suspension as well? anyway i can get some good nismo rears as i have already got the front. are r33 gtr nismo rears be ok for my car?

i cant get the nismo's now they will only drop it 10mm and thats just a waste of money also i cant get the fronts now the bastard sold them on me lol. anyway back to square one and continue my search.

ps. im a member now woohoo. :)

• 1 month later...

ok i have a r34 25gt and i went to get some suspension and found out that mine has the fork design on the rear. while every one elses non turbo r34 one has the same setup as the r33 with all 4 being the circle design. so why is mine the same as the tubo models for? also mine is a 4 door.

thanks eug. i hope i might get some answeres now because i have some more info like i know mine has turbo brakes. so would that change the suspension to fork? also what other differences would mine have if it was a gt-v is there other little things i could look at. as everything looks normal the only difference is my neo engine cover isnt in red its not coloured at all.