SAU Community

R33 Jack Points

br3ndan

hey,

Ive jacked my car up a few times and put them on stands so i can work under the car... But im not sure if im putting them in the right spot? i dont want to bed the frame of my car... If someone can tell me where the jack stands are meant to go that would be great!

there are 4 proper jack points on ya r33, under the sills on each side of the car there is one at the front and rear of the sills, you will see them if you look under the car and alont the sills, the metal is re-enforced and bulges out a little cos its thicker and there is a hole through the middle of the bulge, you can see where they are easily bu looking for the notches in the sill..

This is the best i can explain it, there is actualy a picture of the jack points in the r33 manual thats available for download.

there are 4 proper jack points on ya r33, under the sills on each side of the car there is one at the front and rear of the sills, you will see them if you look under the car and alont the sills, the metal is re-enforced and bulges out a little cos its thicker and there is a hole through the middle of the bulge, you can see where they are easily bu looking for the notches in the sill..

This is the best i can explain it, there is actualy a picture of the jack points in the r33 manual thats available for download.

These spots are only good for the car's jack. Using a hydraulic jack will bend the jacking points. The stands will do the same. It's just the way the stand and hydraulic jack's designed.

These spots are only good for the car's jack. Using a hydraulic jack will bend the jacking points. The stands will do the same. It's just the way the stand and hydraulic jack's designed.

Yea i had that experience with my jack stands... ill try the subframs next time... :)

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, sorry I couldn't get any actual pics of what the points look like, but if you look under your car in these positions, you can't miss it. Just look along the car's rail and you'll see a little 'fold' and you should jack the car from that position. Sorry I couldn't explain it any clearer, but when you take a look you'll know what I'm talking about.

01_jack_points.jpg

I used google search for this image.

just be careful that's only the correct jacking points for the factory scissor jack. they have a small cut in the top of the jack that you put the seam of the sill into. those 2 spots are very easy to spot underneath the car.

If you are using a standard floorjack with a flat plate to jack from the factory points are no good - as I said the subframes are the safest point.

Just buy the sill adapters, especially if you keep on doing work to it. If you do it wrong it will eventually bend no matter what anyone says.

Trust me ive munched heaps :D

post-41018-1204466835_thumb.jpg

post-41018-1204466856_thumb.jpg

Goto Nissan dealership or parts place, or just make some using your existing jack to make a template.

There are also two types of sill adapters if u noticed also

• 3 years later...

I usually jack up my car then, rest the tyres on top of rims.... then being paranoid, I put jack stands in all parts robust. I saw recently that it was possible to jack up the car using the tow hook points, though just for one side and at one end.