SAU Community

My Skyline Journey!

zandi2000

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd love to do this...

two things worries me though, finding work and the language barrier......

any thoughts on this zandi?

did you know any people there before you went?

Hey mate.. my names Alex btw.. Finding work is limited in Japan unless you speak Japanese. However teaching english is very easy, fun and a reasonable source of income. There are certain companies who require university degrees or teaching experience but having said that, there are heaps that don't need it too! You can earn enough to pay rent , go out a little and perhaps fund your car habbit!

I didn't know anyone when i went there, but i did go with my brother which helped! I found it easier to make friends in Japan then any other country ive ever been to.. they are the most incredibly friendly people who are often willing to learn english... I recommend you make friends with the Japanes there because i found alot of the foreigners were a bunch of knob jockeys!..

• 5 months later...
thanks flor the photos and the story, sounds like you had a great time, loved the cars too,

thanks for sharing with us ;)

No problem mate.. so you are in england then? Im now living in Berlin. Im thinking of getting another gtr and trying it out on the nurburgring... I havnt seen any here yet and it makes me sad!! where in england are you?

Hey alex. nice thread. its got some nice photos along with a story. to be honest i've also thought about moving to japan and living there for 6 months to a year. but as battery mentioned, i'd assume finding work and the language barrier would be a pain in the ass.

btw i have a question. how would you describe the cost of living in japan compared to here in australia? i know you've mentioned abit in your earlier post, but could you go into depth alittle?

cheers :google:

• 3 months later...

GDay Alex,

I really enjoyed your natural way of conversing as well as the bright, clear pics!

Many thanks too for relaying a snippet of your Japanese experience.

Yes, I'd be interested in cost of living in Japan c.f. Aust. as well.

When I was in Japan in '75-'76, an apple (that 'Snow White' rejected) cost AU$4.

Tez

• 5 months later...

Fantastic read and great photos! I would love to do something like this for 12months and just get it all out of my system in Japan where the memories will live on for ever!

• 1 month later...