Help Me Defend The Skyline Pride

R33_Rob

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would also take a TT Supra over any Skyline GTST/GTT.

Gear-box and motor are heaps stronger than any RB20/RB25 and they make good power with minimal mods.

A friend has one with a FMIC, turbo back exahust, fuel pump and pods, running 14.5psi boost on stock turbo and it makes 248rwkw. Can't complain about that?

But if its an NA Supra its fairly useless.. there fair flow but suprisingly not tooo slow and NA sounds gay, unless its 5.0L +

Edited by abu

Appreciate all cars for what they are worth. If your mate likes Supras more than Skylines good on him. I know guys who like Lambos better than Ferraris and vice versa... do I see them posting shitty threads like this over on ferrari chat? I dont think so!

Yeah I sat in it and felt like I was in a race car...

And I don't mean I could feel the power and it handled like a racing machine... I mean there was no room to move and I had to climb in and out...

I nearly did buy a race car til I figured I wouldn't be able to have enough subs for my liking...

hi

my mate is getting a TT supra and he keeps shitting on about how much better they are then skylines. Unfortunately all i know about supras is that they are normally driven by faggots (like this guy).

can you guys tell me all the bad points about supras you can think of.

cheers

p.s. he is driving an N/A supra at the moment so if there are any bad points specifically related to them please post them.

:D

Another pathetic thread...

:worship:

Who gives a Fcuk....

Edited by Yidz

hi

my mate is getting a TT supra and he keeps shitting on about how much better they are then skylines. Unfortunately all i know about supras is that they are normally driven by faggots (like this guy).

can you guys tell me all the bad points about supras you can think of.

cheers

p.s. he is driving an N/A supra at the moment so if there are any bad points specifically related to them please post them.

Tell him that his car is better than any skyline GTST ever made, in every way possible.

and that his engine shits on RB25s from so high that it is frozen by the time it hits your cars engine.

that should put him in his place in the car food chain.

way above you!

lol gold!!!!

tell him that until he actually gets the TT your higher in the food chain..

plus we all know the gtr is faster. Paul Walker pwned that homie in FNF2

Edited by Zoggy

The problems we found with Supras when we raced them;

1. the standard sequential turbos are a pain in the arse

2. the siemesed dump pipes costs a bomb to replace, you have to make them, nothing off the shelf is any good.

3. the turbo location (being designed for the left hand drive US market) means the brake and clutch master cylinders overheat all the time

4. the exhaust system (being designed for the left hand drive US market) cooks the drivers feet and lower legs

5. being only 2wd they are rediculously heavy, more than a 4wd GTR

6. the single throttle body makes the response very poor in comparison to a GTR with its 6 throttle bodies

7. their rear centre of roll (CoR) is too low in comparsion to their centre of gravity CoG) so their roll couple (RC) is too big

8. their front centre of roll (CoR) is too high in comparsion to their centre of gravity CoG) so their roll couple (RC) is too small

9. they don't have enough rear squat geometry for good traction

10 they have too much front dive under brakes, not enough anti dive geometry

11 when you lower them (not rediculously) they bump steer something chronic at the rear and their front camber curves turn to shit

12. the Getrag is an OK box, but they cost a bomb to replace

13. until the later models, the brakes were simply abismal

14. the off shelf availability for adjustable suspension bushes is very limited

Enough? I can go back to my set up book and find some more if you want.

Cheers

Gary

Who cares if some wanker thinks his TT will be better than your line?

I have a mate and he always bragged his Pintara TRX was faster than my stock celica.

Until one day I gave up and raced him, I had 4 ppl in he was by himself and I still spanked him.

In three years hes had to replace 3 engines and All Ive done is a radiator top tank leaking.

He still thinks his TRX is better. You will never win the argument. Just smile at him and say "yeah ok sure mate", then walk away and have a giggle at his pig headed attitude.

Ok interesting topic.

When looking for a daily driver i tried a LOT of imports, and after the supra nothing felt as fun.

Yes the cabin isnt large and roomy like a commodore

Yes the standard brakes on the early models suck

Yes a LOT of them look shit with aftermarket bodykits and wings

etc

.....but at the end of the day, for a daily driver (as long as you can look past fuel consumption) they are a great car. Mines never broken down, its on its 2nd diff but thats my fault, its comfortable and quick. Small turbos on a 3L is awesome around town in traffic

And yes the stock 2j can do some crazy power with the right bolt ons (inj, fuel pump, ecu etc)

If you're trying to compare a gtst to a TT supra, dont bother, your wasting your time. You will lose. Supra will win. Deal with it.

The NA supra though gets beaten by almost everything (ive seen a stock mx5 beat one)

Dont get me wrong i love my skyline, but it breaks, and things need replacing whereas the supra just keeps on taking what i give it.

Another point worth mentioning, every single gtst driver (and 4 gtr drivers) that have driven mine have all been suprised at its speed and how smooth it feels

On the point of most supra drivers being fags, well, thats a great generalization you've made! How many supra drivers do you know? I organised a joint supra and skyline cruise ages back and there was no bitching or whinging, everyone from both sides was talking to each other and having a good time, none of them acted like "fags"

Supra > GTST. Simple.

well this topic proves a lot of r33 owners hate their cars. you should swap them for a r32 gtr?

nah , i love my car dude. The way i see it is a 33 was the best car for me to buy at the time (I was making good money and wanted to have some cheep fun)... a full time uni student can say that his old little 1.5 L corrola is the best car (he's making very limited money , the car is cheap to run and drinks petrol slooowlllyyyy) its all about everyones situation and what they want a car for.

my 2 c

Edited by Zoggy