SAU Community

Stagea Series 2 / M35 Digital Tv Upgrade

chook

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys

doesnt anyone know if it will definetly work with the v35?

not sure what the setup is on V35s with regard to antennas and inputs, PM Chris or read his info @ http://www.audioexpress.com.au/. I think he has fully integrated an add-on tuner as well as navigation to operate as 'factory'.

PS. DIY install updated to extraction of tuner and wiring procedure.

Will this work with the navigation/tv in toyota chasers

If they have AV inputs it will work, as it will display digital TV on a NTSC or PAL screen, youd have to investigate what the antenna setup is, or use the 'stick on' ones

some photos showing underside of unit and underside of factory tuner box(where VTR2 inputs are). Those 3 colour coded sockets(red,green and grey) + 1 larger socket are for the the factory aerials, best to label the cable before you cut off coloured plug.

Where do the VTR2 video inputs live in a standard S2 Xanavi setup? Are they in the boot?

Where do the VTR2 video inputs live in a standard S2 Xanavi setup? Are they in the boot?

yep, check my DIY pdf and youll see them in left panel inside boot.

not sure what the setup is on V35s with regard to antennas and inputs, PM Chris or read his info @ http://www.audioexpress.com.au/. I think he has fully integrated an add-on tuner as well as navigation to operate as 'factory'.

PS. DIY install updated to extraction of tuner and wiring procedure.

Im also interested if these will work on M35's as the V35 have identical units (as far as i can see). I know there's AV inputs so would that be the only requirement?

EDIT - I just clicked on the link and realised.. lol

mxfly,

what is the setup on the M35's ? AV inputs in back as in the C34's ? have you checked out the aerial setup ?

perhaps someone with a M35 can post some pics ?

mxfly,

what is the setup on the M35's ? AV inputs in back as in the C34's ? have you checked out the aerial setup ?

perhaps someone with a M35 can post some pics ?

From what I have seen of mine when rigging up the AUX input for the Ipod it looked the same unit as in the S2 stagea. I did not look at the bottom of the unit for the ariels though but I all looks pretty similar.

Also the ipod input is the same for a V35 as a M35 so would assume that if the V35 can do this conversion the same can be said for the M35.

Cheers

Andy

when connecting a dvd player to this tuner does it matter whether it is a pal or ntsc player

thanks, good question, i hadn't looked into this yet.

Did some tests, NTSC signal into Asuka tuner AV, no problem. PAL signal into Asuka tuner AV, didnt work on Stagea S2 screen. Both worked on an aftermarket screen. So, you can pass both pal and ntsc through the Asuka AV inputs no problem, but it wont perform any conversion, it will output the same as you put in. So you would need to use a NTSC signal to get a pic on the stagea S2 factory screens from the AV inputs on the Asuka tuner or factory tuner. shame

Not a problem for aftermarket late model screens, as most/ if not all, handle NTSC and PAL.

Guess you would need a dvd player which can output in NTSC or a separate PAL-NTSC converter or reburn your DVDs to NTSC using software such as NERO.

Have updated the installation guide as i fitted one to a '99 RS4 and found the wires are slightly different, so i used the 6-stacker harness, which was a much easier install, no need to remove factory tuner. Also bolted tuner to plastic shroud inside flip door, easier to access for connecting stuff like DVD and reverse camera etc

Also, for those wanting to connect dvd players and the like, there's this digital NTSC converter, stay away from the analogue ones, I used the previous model to this before in an old install in the stagea and found it worked flawlessly, seen them for around $200 delivered on ebay.

http://www.atlona.com/product.php?productid=16319

Have updated the installation guide as i fitted one to a '99 RS4 and found the wires are slightly different, so i used the 6-stacker harness, which was a much easier install, no need to remove factory tuner. Also bolted tuner to plastic shroud inside flip door, easier to access for connecting stuff like DVD and reverse camera etc

Yeah that was mine, am stoked with the result. Great picture. Highly recommended to anyone with a ntsc tv screen.

Would also highly recommend the screen override harness to allow viewing whilst in motion for passengers.

Huge thanks again for the install.

Cheers

Courtney