SAU Community

Stagea Series 2 / M35 Digital Tv Upgrade

chook

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For all those who bought, have been informed of a feature available but not in the manual.

-If you connect the orange wire (normally earthed) to the reverse signal wire (12V), it will switch the picture to AV1 when reverse is selected, for the purpose of viewing a reverse camera. NTSC cams only for Stageas of course.

cheers

Anyone have the Japanese to English translation for the touch screen unit? My Bro in law bought an 98 Stagea with touch screen tv but doesn't know what all the menus do.

If it can be changed to english even better :thumbsup:

Big thanks to Chook for my unit. :thumbsup: I had heaps of questions about the unit and the install process and he helped me with every step. My install went relatively smoothy once we worked out how to pull all the panels out.

I have found that I have no car acceleration interference noise when I use the tv side of the unit. I used expensive 50cm wires for that connection, however, I have a seperate dvd (cheapo) unit in the back seat with seperate screens for the kids, I had to use longer cables, and they were of pretty ordinary quality. The result? I get heaps of interference noise when I switch the unit to the input from the dvd drive. I'm trying to decide whether to rip apart the boot again and replace the wires with some better quality cable, or install a noise suppressor, this is not the units fault I must stress.

I did have one other issue today tho, all of a sudden it would not get any signal from any station, so I performed the auto scan again, and it found no stations at all. Odd I thought, maybe the anntenas had shorted out?? So I was about to pull it all out and check my wiring again, but I noticed the reset switch on it, I hit that, and the auto scan came up with all the channels again no problem. So, I'm not sure what caused that, but a simple reset seemed to work, I know my home DVB locks up almost daily, I guess thats the digital age for ya!

Other than that the unit works quite well, its solidly built, top quality and keeps a steady picture going even with fairly bad signal strength (52%) :down:

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks for the update chook - great support considering this is just a group buy! Mine is working perfectly (no issues with resets or anything else). I still have reception challenges at some deep spots near my house but the reception is much better than the previous unit I had in there.

Thanks for the update chook - great support considering this is just a group buy! Mine is working perfectly (no issues with resets or anything else). I still have reception challenges at some deep spots near my house but the reception is much better than the previous unit I had in there.

What's your aerial setup ? S1, pity you dont have the S2 amplified setup ?

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone help me with how to get to the stock tuner in a S2 Stagea ?

I looked under the flap and its only a pocket?

Have you looked through the PDF file in the first post?

I pulled apart my dash today and found that I have the R-spec over ride but the switch has been cut off.

Can anyone suggest what would be a suitable button ans how would it get wired? There are 4 wires in the lead to the switch (or where it once was) and they are coloured, Red, Black, White & Yellow.

Cheers

Andy

I pulled apart my dash today and found that I have the R-spec over ride but the switch has been cut off.

Can anyone suggest what would be a suitable button ans how would it get wired? There are 4 wires in the lead to the switch (or where it once was) and they are coloured, Red, Black, White & Yellow.

Cheers

Andy

What is the R-spec over ride ? Sounds cool

Edited by danwatt

What is the R-spec over ride ? Sounds cool

Have a look on the 1st page of this thread. Chook posted a picture of the unit. It allows the TV to be used whilst driving.

Cheers

Andy

Have a look on the 1st page of this thread. Chook posted a picture of the unit. It allows the TV to be used whilst driving.

Cheers

Andy

You driving an M35 ? My car's screen works whilst driving and Im positive that there is no Over-ride unit installed. I think I have had all the interior in pieces looking for various wires/faults.

You driving an M35 ? My car's screen works whilst driving and Im positive that there is no Over-ride unit installed. I think I have had all the interior in pieces looking for various wires/faults.

Yes driving an nm35 ARX. Sounds like your has been fixrd to be visable all the time.

Yes driving an nm35 ARX. Sounds like your has been fixrd to be visable all the time.

R you sure that its not a setting through the display menu and the TV menu on the car ?

Edited by danwatt

R you sure that its not a setting through the display menu and the TV menue on the car ?

Pretty sure but then again I was able to get the screen working for a while after I played around with some menu settings. No idea what i did. Some how I changed it back again. The only obvious sign was that when looking at the GPS it would not track the car on the screen whilst it allowed the TV to work.

Pretty sure but then again I was able to get the screen working for a while after I played around with some menu settings. No idea what i did. Some how I changed it back again. The only obvious sign was that when looking at the GPS it would not track the car on the screen whilst it allowed the TV to work.

I will check out the setting on my screen and let you know, both the TV button Screen and the display button Screen

I dont know if this will help but have a look at the attached.

I can play movies when stoped and hand brake on like this but once hand brake is release the sceen goes back to navigation.