SAU Community

Stagea Series 2 / M35 Digital Tv Upgrade

chook

Hi All

I have An M35, tv has sound but no picture, chook do you sell the components to make the Tv show picture? If so i would be interested to buy.

Anyone had the center dash out on an M35. Ive had the consul out but the panel covering the radio up to the TV is tight, some tips on its removal would be appreciated.

Thanks

Murray

Hi Murray

Have a look at the attached link. It is a step by step process that includes removing the centre console.

http://g35ipod.com/installHW.php?skin=1&src=mp3car-sig

Cheers

Andy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, all stations back, and from a quick cruise to pick the kids up, much better reception than it was giving before. The line I've tapped into was already relay switched for the rear dvd player, so, it was really a 5 minute job in the end once it was sorted and a much healthier voltage is shared by all. Typical Stagea, even the tv ariels are a super hyped up version!! :thumbsup:

Jeff,

how is your reception going around town since the upgrade ? iv'e definitely noticed an improvement, thanks for identifiying.

Another reminder for anyone who hasn't installed the relay, please do ! both for reception and unit longevity,

Simon

Heya Chook,

Yep, things are much better now, so I'm super happy :thumbsup: No probs with id'ing the problem, I'm just annoyed at myself for taking so long to get my arse into gear for finding out what was going wrong.

But I'd agree with you and suggest that anyone who isn't running the ariels on a seperate relay supply should do so, you are overdoing the asuka units ariel power supply, and it would be a bummer to go back to no tv again! As I said before, dont let this put anyone off from buying one of these units, they are top class thumbsup.gif

• 5 months later...

M35 TV and DVD install now complete....thanks Chook!

Considering I am a wiring Noob, Chooks TV unit looks to be the shit.....easy install(even for me) and great picture at a good price. Got all three monitors running and talking to each other(see pic).

Also thanks to Chris Rogers for the additional wiring for the after market unit to the M35's unit.

post-37023-1223356550_thumb.jpg

M35 TV and DVD install now complete....thanks Chook!

Considering I am a wiring Noob, Chooks TV unit looks to be the shit.....easy install(even for me) and great picture at a good price. Got all three monitors running and talking to each other(see pic).

Also thanks to Chris Rogers for the additional wiring for the after market unit to the M35's unit.

Nice man.... Nice.

Wasn't considering the tv fix, but having read this thread.... Oooo! So much to do, so much to do!

Nice man.... Nice.

Wasn't considering the tv fix, but having read this thread.... Oooo! So much to do, so much to do!

Considering it only cost me $679 for both headrests, TV unit and wiring(not including 3 sets of RCA's because I had them)....it's a steal.

P.S. And the case of beer for me to get it done :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I can play movies when stoped and hand brake on like this but once hand brake is release the sceen goes back to navigation.

thats because of a safety link from the handbrake to the screen. U need to cut the wire link, but then it makes it illegal, as your not allowed to operate it while driving or handbrake down.

Got my hands on some more tuners, same model, $310 posted, so any newbies with Xanavi screens or M35's looking for digital TV, send me a PM.

HiChook,

I have just purchased a single din JVC lcd screen, and a jvc single din dvd player o suit. I need a digital tuner to be able to watch tv. Also, im sydney based. My cousin is the installer for JB Hifi in sydney, and he assures me that no digital tuner is going to work well in sydney, due to the fact that we have the worst reception for TV's. Is this true? also what is the cost of a digital tuner (asuka) posted to parramatta, nsw?

Hi Bill, I got one of these tuners from Chook, and the reception is pretty good. Its not exactly like sitting in your loungeroom (there are places it drops out) but it is a million times better than the chinese one I had before. In particular this uses 2 antennas on the car and takes the best signal from either.

HiChook,

I have just purchased a single din JVC lcd screen, and a jvc single din dvd player o suit. I need a digital tuner to be able to watch tv. Also, im sydney based. My cousin is the installer for JB Hifi in sydney, and he assures me that no digital tuner is going to work well in sydney, due to the fact that we have the worst reception for TV's. Is this true? also what is the cost of a digital tuner (asuka) posted to parramatta, nsw?

it works best with Stageas with factory TV aerials, which i assume you dont have. I have no experience in Sydney, the aerials that come with it aren't the greatest, but there are some options regarding aerials, eg HITV 'b1' which works as well as the factorys in brisbane. http://www.hitv.com.au/products/view.jsp?i...&category=2

Ill pm you some more info.

Simon

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

well, it took me just about a year to stop sitting on my back side and do something useful. I finally started the installation process and, I must admit, I did not go too far. I managed to get out standard TV tuner and... and I have few questions now !

First of all, I am a bit confused with antenna cables. PDF manual from chook mentions 4 cables joined in 2 pairs. Are we talking about 3 black cables marked (or labeled) as red, green and sort of blue and another one big black round(ish) connector with 2 pins ?? If yes, which ones should be paired ?

Power to amplifiers (see the attach) - is it how the connector should look like or someone has already played with mine?

I made a mistake and unplugged grey connector from the unit and was surprised when I found 2 grey sockets next to each other. Connector fits them both and functionality seems to be the same (although I haven't checked it thoroughly) . Can anyone advise me please on where I should plug it ?

Relay - which one to use and where to get one ? Mind you, I havent played with relays for good 25 years and I was getting mine from my dad :P)))

Now, couple of things I need to ask about new unit. Does it need to be connected to "live" wire, or both POWER and ACC cables can be connected to, for example, cigarette lighter adaptor in the boot ? Or I'd better get them connected to something else ?

Can someone help me with that please ? :P))))

Oh, las but not least - thanks chook for his great efforts and the amount of info he provided !!!

post-23006-1241422401_thumb.jpg

post-23006-1241422411_thumb.jpg

post-23006-1241422424_thumb.jpg

post-23006-1241422437_thumb.jpg

In the C34 the red and green are the side aerials, should be same, I got best results from combining one side with one rear. so red+grey and green+black eg. Black should just be another aerial plug.

2nd photo is fine, just unplug it or cut it and put your own plug onto it, and this then goes to relay. 2 wires for the 2 amps.

Don't think it matters where the grey plugs go, otherwise Nissan would have made them different, just make sure everything is working before you seal it all up.

Any standard 4 pin normally open SPST relay from an Auto shop, 30 or 40 amp. If you are really stuck let me know and I can send you one. Bosch/hella or narva etc

Cig lighter is ok for RED ACC wire + power for the amps.

Yellow needs to connect to always on 12V, Should be a source there somewhere, I think I used the CD stacker wire harness in the C34. Dont connect red and yellow together, you will lose settings everytime you switch it off.

on a C34 the power is a 4-5 pin plug on the OE tuner. grn = acc , yel = +12v

M35 is a different matter. the tuner you showed us is a C34 item as the M35 is different.

For all those who bought, have been informed of a feature available but not in the manual.

-If you connect the orange wire (normally earthed) to the reverse signal wire (12V), it will switch the picture to AV1 when reverse is selected, for the purpose of viewing a reverse camera. NTSC cams only for Stageas of course.

Another one - Where do I find reverse signal wire ? Tried to locate one myself - no luck :-(

OR I need to use reverse light 12V ? By the way - it seems to me that reverse light power coming thru right hand side of the back door .

Edited by And

Done !

Thank you very much, people, and thank you, chook !

Works great while in the garage, going to take it for a drive and show it to my son :)))) - he would be the one most interested in the outcome this job :D))

post-23006-1241507628_thumb.jpg

post-23006-1241507640_thumb.jpg