SAU Community

Stagea Series 2 / M35 Digital Tv Upgrade

chook

Is the image flickering on the M35 screen in NTSC or just distorted ? when you change it to PAL from NTSC does the flicker rate and colour change ?

PS. depending on numbers I may be able to get some more Asuka tuners in the next few months, I won't do a group buy as such, but if anyone is interested flick me a PM for details.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to give this a try once more.. fixed my short antenna cable problems..

Using an external House Tv i have it set on Pal and things are great..

switch it back over to NTSC the tv in the M35 still does not work properly. image is all over the place and unreadable at times.

Aspect ratio a problem? I've tried every setting i can possibly try on the unit.

Cant seem to get the tv working at all. i am guessing its a problem with my M35's tv?? could that box on the previous page be causing problems??

post-31456-1261371618_thumb.jpgpost-31456-1261371644_thumb.jpg

Andrew if you around my area give me a call and I'll have a look for you...I am home most nights

Decided to give this a try once more.. fixed my short antenna cable problems..

Using an external House Tv i have it set on Pal and things are great..

switch it back over to NTSC the tv in the M35 still does not work properly. image is all over the place and unreadable at times.

Aspect ratio a problem? I've tried every setting i can possibly try on the unit.

Cant seem to get the tv working at all. i am guessing its a problem with my M35's tv?? could that box on the previous page be causing problems??

post-31456-1261371618_thumb.jpgpost-31456-1261371644_thumb.jpg

Hi Andrew

If Craig can not find the right settings, let me know I have a few spares available to test it on and we could swap out various parts to fix the problem.

Cheers

Andy

Is the image flickering on the M35 screen in NTSC or just distorted ? when you change it to PAL from NTSC does the flicker rate and colour change ?

PS. depending on numbers I may be able to get some more Asuka tuners in the next few months, I won't do a group buy as such, but if anyone is interested flick me a PM for details.

Yer that image of my Navi screen is it going from side across pretty fast. when on pal it goes in all directions fast. similar with auto settings too..

always in black white.. sometimes maybe a hint of colour.

Andy, Craig. No problems! would be happy to get this up and going soon! if its not just some simple settings somewhere i'll swing around :cheers:

Sorry Mr. Chook I am relatively new to SAU so I am unable to send to you PM (some nonsense about needing a minimum 10 posts first). Anyways, I am absolutely clueless about installing the tuner, is there anyone in Sydney who you could recommend to assist me?

Regards,

Roullos

Sorry Mr. Chook I am relatively new to SAU so I am unable to send to you PM (some nonsense about needing a minimum 10 posts first). Anyways, I am absolutely clueless about installing the tuner, is there anyone in Sydney who you could recommend to assist me?

Regards,

Roullos

Hi Mark

When you get the tuner let me know and I will give you a hand with the install.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just bought the Asuka TV Tuner off Chook.

I want it installed:)

I am wondering of there is anyone in Sydney who has done this install on their V35 and if would be willing to help me out sometime this week? (Willing to pay)

Otherwise do you know of a place who has done your Asuka install?

• 1 month later...
Hey guys,

I got the screen override thing from Chris! Just wondering has anyone installed it and got instructions for it? I know you have to take the dash off and stuff but not sure where to plug it in:)

Regards,

It plugs into the back of the dvd rom, so you will need to remove it from the dash unless you can get the harness out without taking it out.

Towards the midde of the unit there are 2 harnesses plugged in. one grey, one white. The white one which is on the drivers side is removed and you new harness is plugged in to the back of the dvd rom and the original harness plugs into your interceptor harness.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy

It plugs into the back of the dvd rom, so you will need to remove it from the dash unless you can get the harness out without taking it out.

Towards the midde of the unit there are 2 harnesses plugged in. one grey, one white. The white one which is on the drivers side is removed and you new harness is plugged in to the back of the dvd rom and the original harness plugs into your interceptor harness.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. But what about the other wires? I have a red wire which isnt liked to anything and also a black wire with a gold clip attached to it. Are these just left there?

Regards,

looks like they changed the design slightly.

black wire - put that under a screw

red wire - lt grn on wht plug (this is in the corner of the plug with two yellow wires.)

plug the rest in.

this is an auto reset one so when you turn the key off it turns off..

looks like they changed the design slightly.

black wire - put that under a screw

red wire - lt grn on wht plug (this is in the corner of the plug with two yellow wires.)

plug the rest in.

this is an auto reset one so when you turn the key off it turns off..

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that.

With the red one, what do you exactly mean?

Also there is some screw thing as well in the pack, its red and grey with both sides you can open. Do I do anything with this?

regards,

Hey Chris,

All good, after I spoke to you on the phone I decided to try the light green one as per your instructions haha instead of using the dark green one! But yeh all works fine. Everytime you turn the car off, you have the press the button for the override:)

Thanks Chris and Andy for your help:)