SAU Community

Are Koya A Good Brand Of Wheel?

buggor34

2 hours ago, timmy1 said:

With hindsight, I should have taken measurements and told them what offset I wanted. How often and what percentage of people order custom wheels, to know what information needs to be provided to get it right ? And since I didn’t specify the offset for the custom wheels, what made Koya decide to make them anyway and not provide any warning that there may be a risk the wheels my not fit as they don’t all the information to be sure. Was there plan all along was to get the money first and wash their hands off any responsibility if the wheels don’t fit.

i also dont think ull find they are custom? they have a range, a certain size and offset and choose between half a dozen that may fit your needs 

1 hour ago, timmy1 said:

"The almost inevitable outcome of not specifying what you want is you get whatever is served up."  Really ? We live in Australia.

"Under the Australian Consumer Law, certain consumer guarantees apply automatically, including that a product must be reasonably fit for any purpose specified by the customer and agreed by the seller. If a product is not fit for a specified purpose, the consumer is entitled to a remedy"

how old are you? is it school holidays?

it is fit for the purpose, they are round, will take tyres and fit your stud pattern. not sitting the way you want them is a totally different case. run camber? roll the guards? put smaller tyres on them?

If you go to another company and say the same thing as you did to Koya 90% chance the same thing will happen!? and that company you said, ive never even heard of, what did they ask you? or did you this time, rightly, specify exactly what you wanted re offset and width etc?

1 hour ago, Adz2332 said:

how old are you? is it school holidays?

it is fit for the purpose, they are round, will take tyres and fit your stud pattern. not sitting the way you want them is a totally different case. run camber? roll the guards? put smaller tyres on them?

If you go to another company and say the same thing as you did to Koya 90% chance the same thing will happen!? and that company you said, ive never even heard of, what did they ask you? or did you this time, rightly, specify exactly what you wanted re offset and width etc?

As I mentioned earlier the wheel tyre combination rub against the guards (i.e. not fit for the purpose). Sure I will take your wise advise and throw away a new set of tyres to get smaller tyres and modify the car just to make the wheels fit. No thank you. I will get a set of wheels (definitely not Koya) that fit the car instead.

WHAT OFFSET DID YOU GETTTTTTT?

I've only asked 3,000 times. If you are too scared to tell us what size and offset wheels they supplied, then how are we supposed to believe that they are actually wrong for the car?

I don't feel I have to share what Car I drive or what offset the wheels had in this forum as the damage is already done and I will take it through appropriate channels (such a VCAT) to get appropriate compensation.

Edited by timmy1
spellling error

16 minutes ago, timmy1 said:

I don't feel I have to share what Car I drive or what offset the wheels had in this forum as the damage is already done and I will take it through appropriate channels (such a VCT) to get appropriate compensation.

But if you want to be sure that I actually bought the wheels, you can check my review at https://www.productreview.com.au/r/koya/1715546.html where you will see my review is marked as "Verified Customer" as I had to present my receipt of purchase to be "Verified Customer"

Edited by timmy1
spelling error

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, timmy1 said:

I have to say "Adz2332" you are quite special yourself in making assumption that I didn't tell Koya anything about any modification and the springs (suspension system) I am using and that I plan to use the wheels (and the tyres I got for it and the size)  for track days. 

but you had previously said in your submission to the forum>

" I did not tell them what off-set I wanted other them tell them about the make model and year of the car - counted on them to do the research to know what off-set would fit or ask me for any other information if needed" 

so Adz is correct is what he has said - you only told them what car you have, no further information. That is in your own words.

As you had also said " That's the power of the internet, nothing is too old.". What you say, is recorded for future reference.

Your ego is unbelievable; determined in your own mind ' it's all their fault".  You state " I don't feel I have to share what Car I drive or what offset the wheels had in this forum " .. I think that as you've never actually said, what car you have, and what size you asked for, that you do actually know you've fkd up, but can't admit it to yourself.

Furthermore as per Australian Consumer law " a product must be reasonably fit for any purpose specified by the customer " . You're the customer. You didn't specify. I'll say it again, you didn't specify. One more time, You didn't specify. What there a problem with the product itself? Poor quality, cracked/damaged, missing parts, incorrect color? There wasn't, otherwise you would have disclosed this.

As someone experienced in court/tribunal matters, I really do think you should take it to VCAT...because you are going to get ripped to shreds, and be up for tribunal costs; possibly a claim of defamation from Koya as well. Especially as you have publicly acknowledged " With hindsight, I should have taken measurements and told them what offset I wanted.". 

I must advise, I have contacted Koya warning them of your comments and your claim of proceeding to VCAT, and have offered to represent them in the matter free of charge, as I deal with these sort of ludicrous claims regularly in my occupation. They replied thanking me but obviously have their own legal department to attend to such matters. 

Do yourself a favour - look in the mirror, acknowledge your error and forgive yourself for it, sell the wheels on gumtree and buy a new set specifying exactly what you're after , following your having done the necessary research to ensure you get exactly what you have requested. 

I maintain when I ordered the Koya wheels, what Koya should have said “based on your car information provided and wheels you ordered and the tyres you are going to fit, we can’t be sure what offset the wheels should have so why don’t you take some measurements so we know will get the offset right” before deciding to make set of wheels with offset of their own decision and tell me accept them when they don't fit. It's my decision on course of action I take next. So please spare me your advise and threats..

Edited by timmy1
spelling

and back on the original thread title " Are Koya A Good Brand Of Wheel? "

for the price, yes, nothing wrong with them. First set I got was fine, just the offset wasn't great, because I didn't request anything specifically. 2nd set I gave a specific offset and size, and got exactly what I wanted. 

"I am the customer and the customer is always right"

So seen as you have a superior secret european car, did you just join this forum to complain about Koya?

I can’t believe I took the bait.

I should have noticed a pattern where a specific set of members are vehemently defending Koya against all normal logic. This thread is not about Koya for Nissan cars, and yet every member who is defending Koya has/had a Nissan car. Is this some coincidence?  It’s a well-known fact some Chinese companies here in Australia will go to extreme lengths and provide kickbacks to groups and/or individuals (not just politicians) to get the desired outcome. One of the reasons why we recently passed "foreign interference laws".  Any rational person who reads this thread can make their own judgement if there is some bias in some of the posts and decide if they what to risk ordering a set of Koya wheels. If I have helped even one person (after reading this tread) to decide get a set of custom wheels from a more reputable, German, Japanese or American company to have some assurance the company will back their product will support service to follow, then my job here is done. No doubt the Koya puppets will continue to bag me and threaten me, bring it on I say, as I will simply ignore your posts and let the thread speak for itself, in decades to come.

Hahah. I've never had koya. I'm talking wheel and wheel companies in general. 

Do yourself a favour do some research before buying anything. You only have yourself to blame and if you cant see that dont bother trying to modify your car, it isnt going to go as you planned if that's all the time effort and research you put into it.

2 hours ago, timmy1 said:

I can’t believe I took the bait.

I should have noticed a pattern where a specific set of members are vehemently defending Koya against all normal logic. This thread is not about Koya for Nissan cars, and yet every member who is defending Koya has/had a Nissan car. Is this some coincidence?  It’s a well-known fact some Chinese companies here in Australia will go to extreme lengths and provide kickbacks to groups and/or individuals (not just politicians) to get the desired outcome. One of the reasons why we recently passed "foreign interference laws".  Any rational person who reads this thread can make their own judgement if there is some bias in some of the posts and decide if they what to risk ordering a set of Koya wheels. If I have helped even one person (after reading this tread) to decide get a set of custom wheels from a more reputable, German, Japanese or American company to have some assurance the company will back their product will support service to follow, then my job here is done. No doubt the Koya puppets will continue to bag me and threaten me, bring it on I say, as I will simply ignore your posts and let the thread speak for itself, in decades to come.

You will not find a more rational person on these forums than me.  And I side with all the Chinese government sponsored brainwashers who have posted in this thread, and not you, OP, who I am now considering to be a paranoid delusional moron.

You really need to get a grip.  I also suggest that you stop plaing with cars and take up crochet, or something safe, where your intellectual impairment won't cause any damage to anyone else.

Koya give out bjs for favourable reviews. Every one know that. All the Chinese companies do it. They can interfere with me all they want.