SAU Community

Cruise On 16th Feb Who's Up For It?

thegoobie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Wyseman, great photo of the lookout!

It's a great area to see the whole dam from above, but we will be heading into the reserve at the base of the dam. There is a bigger carpark and more space.

Let's just hope the weather holds up for us.

Does anyone have any other photos of the area they would like to post?

If we leave South Morang at 4, we should be getting close to Yarra Glen at about 4:45 or so. If the cruise numbers are up we might stop there for about an hour or so and grab a drink at the Grand. If you're coming from a while away, you might miss us.

Is there a possibility that your friend can finish work a little earlier? Chances are we will be heading back in the same direction too so if we're not at Yarra Glen, you can meet up with us at Maroondah Dam and head back with us.

I'll ask him, I'm pretty sure he could leave a little earlier, he's pretty eager... he works in Ringwood anyway so we could head from there as soon as he is finished.

btw kudos to you 4 organising this but one point... you have just told any cop browsing SAU where to find us. pm ppl the meet points if they ask and hand out details on the day. :thanks:

Kinda silly really.

If an officer wanted to know, they would find out via PM anyhow. There are a number of police who are members of this forum, so it doesnt matter.

Getting the whole "NS.com" paranoia is silly, dont give it.

Ive never organised an open meet, and kept it secret. Simply no need too.

Aren't unofficial SAU cruises banned now?

What are you talking about?

More truth please, less rumour starting.

Thanks.

Google earth is great.

This is the enterance to the park. It's about 3.5km out from the centre of Healesville. I've also marked the position on the map of the photograph that Wyseman took as the lookout.

post-45933-1202709381_thumb.jpg

It's going to be a pretty warm day on Saturday. I don't think my car's gonna survive being run for over 2 hours. :blush:

How is it possible for your car not to run for 2 hours on a day like Saturday?

I have no idea how the word of mouth has spread for this cruise, and the carpark at the meet point has about 40 spaces. If there isn't enough room at this carpark, there is another 50(?) spaces about 40m away at the Library. I have attached a photo of the area.

post-45933-1202950119_thumb.jpg

How is it possible for your car not to run for 2 hours on a day like Saturday?

I have no idea how the word of mouth has spread for this cruise, and the carpark at the meet point has about 40 spaces. If there isn't enough room at this carpark, there is another 50(?) spaces about 40m away at the Library. I have attached a photo of the area.

My car's old. I can't drive the skyline so I'll be in my 1983 corolla. haha. That thing can break down at any time.

My car's old. I can't drive the skyline so I'll be in my 1983 corolla. haha. That thing can break down at any time.

Nice! Rest assured, there will be plenty of people you could hitch a ride with if you break down. Will you be coming with anyone?

If there is a huge amount of people coming on Sat. we will need to use the car park at the park in Yarra Glen. It’s about a 2 minute walk to the Grand Hotel.

::: ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE NOTE:::

After Yarra Glen we do not turn towards Healesville immediately! We proceed down the B300 towards Coldstream and we turn left on the B360 towards Healesville. This turn off is about 500m from the centre of Coldstream.

post-45933-1202964200_thumb.jpg

Edited by thegoobie

Nice! Rest assured, there will be plenty of people you could hitch a ride with if you break down. Will you be coming with anyone?

If there is a huge amount of people coming on Sat. we will need to use the car park at the park in Yarra Glen. It’s about a 2 minute walk to the Grand Hotel.

::: ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE NOTE:::

After Yarra Glen we do not turn towards Healesville immediately! We proceed down the B300 towards Coldstream and we turn left on the B360 towards Healesville. This turn off is about 500m from the centre of Coldstream.

No one yet as far as I know.

I have no idea how the word of mouth has spread for this cruise, and the carpark at the meet point has about 40 spaces.

40 spaces? wtf? :(

If there is a huge amount of people coming on Sat. we will need to use the car park at the park in Yarra Glen. It's about a 2 minute walk to the Grand Hotel.

Exactly how many cars are you expecting? Reading the thread it looks like you have 2 possibles and 3 maybes.

Is it advertised on any other sites?

I'm thinking about coming along, but i want to make sure it won't be a saturday afternoon race meeting with the entire population of 25 car forums..

:teehee:

40 spaces? wtf? :(

Exactly how many cars are you expecting? Reading the thread it looks like you have 2 possibles and 3 maybes.

Is it advertised on any other sites?

I'm thinking about coming along, but i want to make sure it won't be a saturday afternoon race meeting with the entire population of 25 car forums..

:teehee:

I've heard of these types of events where you can get a handful of 'official confimations', but since I haven't clicked on the link for this cruise 600 times, I'm assuming that a lot of people might have taken down the details and not posted anything. That is to say that if they were even members who could post anything in the first place.

I have seen someone link to my first post on the Silvia site. This is my first attempt at organising something like this, so I have no idea what to expect from the amount of hits to this topic. :)

just be there as your the organiser lol, i saw a thread where the dude didnt even rock up lmao.

I'll be there! :D

Is it common for an organiser to provide this amount of detail for a cruise?

Is it normal for the organiser to make themselves known? Like to I carry around a A4 page with the letters "TheGoobie" on it? Or do I say just keep an eye out for the lowered, black '33 with the front mount and the Alpine sound system? Becuase that could be more then one car.

I'm really new at this so please go easy one me... :D