3d Art

Whiplash

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anybody help design the paint for a drift pig R31s3 silo. I want it basic black with in pale blue --nissantas.com-- draped over bonnet, boot,and along sides.

Also want a design to be airbrushed onto the bonnet of my R31s2/3 TI . I want a Japanese dragon with the new round Nissan badge in its claw, thanks Grandma.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys I'm based over in the uk - hope you dont mind me posting up on here :D

some great work there from everyone - Whiplash I like your models - are they ingame resolution at all? You should post up some wireframes of them :thumbsup:

I've done a few models over time in the past 5-10 years. They're not the best models by a long shot but I do enjoy modelling cars when I get a bit of time, but mostly I'm focusing on animation and wotnot more than I used to.

anyhow heres mine sorry if the images are large!...

this is the first car model I actually ever built - it took about 12 weeks as I had no idea what I were doing to be fair lol! I used maya and mental ray.

R34_01.jpg

R34_02.jpg

R34_03.jpg

I then did this one whilst working on a movie in the uk. I then used this cosworth and skyline model and did a 3d animation of the two racing. This was whilst working 12 hours on a movie too lol!

rs500_01.jpg

rs500_02.jpg

and about a year ago I did this one. I'm currently using this in a personal project/animation.

R33_01.jpg

r33_03.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL,

I actually saw someone selling an R34 on carsales once, using 3D art photos for the ad... Im wondering if its a prank or he really doesn't want to show the real car

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I'd be the one to revive this thread but I see dpsycho beat me to it lol!

3d is massive now and most ppl with an interest can pick it up and follow some tutorials and get going. However mastering it is alot more work heh!

thought I'd post up some wip pics of my 35gtr I'm working on - I know there's some seriously tight 3d models done by some of the guys but thought I'd share nonetheless... they're still WIPS and being done amidst training for my black belt in wing chun, full time working week on a ps3 game, skydiving at wkends, an rb25 turbo swap/engine rebuild, managing an allotment oh yeah and preparing stuff for the missus' and myself wedding later this week lol!

r35gtr039.jpg

r35gtr036.jpg

also I dont know if anyone saw this at all.... I decided it'd be amusing to turn my 33gtr model into a transformer....

and a making-of video for anyone interested...

hope you like :down:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...