SAU Community

Series 2 Xanavi Climate Control To Standard Conversion

DaveB

Hi all,

So, as the topic says, I have done a fair bit of searching on S2 Xanavi unit to standard climate control conversion, and I am just after a final clarification on the working of the standard climate control unit in a prime edition which came with the Xanavi.

Has anyone done this conversion in a Prime Edition, which had a Xanavi unit before? I am ready to chuck my Japanese, but otherwise pretty awesome, Xanavi unit in favor of an aftermarket LCD, and I want to be sure I won't lose any functionality (apart from the GPS and TV which I don't care about).

Anyone know if there are any functions I will lose, say for example any aircon controls I won't be able to access anymore?

Sorry if this has already been covered, I have read through everything I could find on the subject with the forum search. I have discovered that apparrently the standard c/control unit will plug in in place of the Xanavi and will take over running the climate control, but I don't know if a) it will work in a Prime or b) there will be some other functionality which I will then be missing.

Thanks!

DaveB

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Realise this thread is dating a bit now, but thought it better to keep it in the one place.

I'm about to do the same, swap out my Xanavi head unit and replace it with the standard Stagea WGNC34 heater / AC climate control unit (apparently this is JDM Part Number: 27500 0V502).

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the stock climate control unit?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Xanavi head unit?

• 2 weeks later...

Ive done all the pinout work (on paper), got the climate control unit, but havnt got around to connecting it all up, mainly due to the location of the xanavi CC unit, deep under the dash. Ill post my pinout efforts when I can find the docs.

Here you go, not tested in practice but taken from stagea service manual. Ive looked at the standard and xamani harnesses and all seems to correspond to the service manual. No illumination on xanavi, hence the 2 xtra wires on standard, will need to be wired up from other source. Get yourself a standard CC harness with as much wire length as possible, as the xanavi harness is up under the dash between the centre dash and steering column.

XANAVI CC.pdf

Hi I am pretty sure that this a straight change over as i was going to do it with mine,I have a mate who thinks that he can convert the dash to english as every one else has put it in the too hard basket.I have had my sons dash apart also and it looks identical to my wiring loom.

The question i have is what are you going to do with the old unit you discard ?

• 2 months later...

Well it took me long enough (2 years) but now i have replaced the navi unit with after market stereo and the standard air con control unit and it work perfectly.

Cheers

Darq

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply

I use these diagrams from the stagea manual

StageaServiceManual_Page_0602.jpg

StageaServiceManual_Page_0601.jpg

and this one you use pin 24 for illumination

pin 32 for reversing camera switch

these or on the white plug and that is all you use in the original wiring plugs

StageaServiceManual_Page_2754-1.jpg

and as stated before get as much wire length as you can

All the colors matched in my car perfectly but check yours. The connections are made where the air con control box is under the dash by the heater box.

sorry about the pic size this is not my strong point.

Cheers

• 7 months later...

So just to be clear, as im looking into swapping my xanavi system with the standard Climate Control and have a 2 DINs free for a Headunit. What is needed?

-Climate Control unit with start of wiring loom/harness.

-Dash facia to suit

Do you need a new cradle that holds the units?

Is the wiring colour matched or does it need to be wired from the diagram / pin layout?

Is there a difference in standard Climate units as i've heard some have different colored plugs,i.e white and black.?

Thanks.

So just to be clear, as im looking into swapping my xanavi system with the standard Climate Control and have a 2 DINs free for a Headunit. What is needed?

-Climate Control unit with start of wiring loom/harness.Yes

-Dash facia to suit Yes

Do you need a new cradle that holds the units? You need the standered radio brakets

Is the wiring colour matched or does it need to be wired from the diagram / pin layout? I was using the pin outs but when in the car the colours were all the same colour as the aircon wire out the unit i had

Is there a difference in standard Climate units as i've heard some have different colored plugs,i.e white and black.? As i know you need the one from the Seires car you have eg. (s1 needs aircon from s1) etc

A pic of the unit i have IMG_1713.jpg

and my set up now IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by Darq

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, Thanks heaps.. :rolleyes:

I bought the parts for the swap but by harness from the new Climate Unit wasn't very long.

I removed the Xanavi Climate Control Unit from under the dash, It is above the drivers left foot area. It is next to my handbrake (Auto). I opened it up and removed the connecters from the circuit board inside and created my own harness.

All working fine, although i have tested it at night for illumination.

New unit and my custom harness

post-96096-0-54453800-1344663670_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nadnerb

Cool, Thanks heaps.. :rolleyes:

I bought the parts for the swap but by harness from the new Climate Unit wasn't very long.

I removed the Xanavi Climate Control Unit from under the dash, It is above the drivers left foot area. It is next to my handbrake (Auto). I opened it up and removed the connecters from the circuit board inside and created my own harness.

All working fine, although i have tested it at night for illumination.

New unit and my custom harness

post-96096-0-54453800-1344663670_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks Brendan. I eventually bit the bullet and bought a conversion harness (Akai brand I think) from Japan, but it was your details of the actual *controller* unit which were the final pieces to the puzzle I needed. Awesome stuff by the way to wire your own conversion harness.

The controller unit is a black box squeezed in just to the left-hand side of the foot E-brake pedal (the auto stagea's equivalent of a handbrake) with respect to the driver. Unfortunately, the plugs on this unit are the same as on the xanavi panel itself, and so the harness fits at both ends. Except there are only 2 plugs on the xanavi end. So after hunting for this box, SOMEhow managing to unplug the 3 connectors and connecting them to the aftermarket harness (I now realise why it's a metre long!), we now have a working standard climate control in a xanavi car. So it turns out it is possible! Hurrah.

Edited by DaveB

Yer it was a real pain to remove those 3 connectors from the xanavi climate unit whilst under the dash,

Then it was a real pain to remove the xanavi climate unit from under the dash,

Then it was a real pain to desolder then resolder all the connections,

Then it was a real pain to install the harness and reconnect the 3 original connectors under the dash.

Yer it was a real pain to remove those 3 connectors from the xanavi climate unit whilst under the dash,

Then it was a real pain to remove the xanavi climate unit from under the dash,

Then it was a real pain to desolder then resolder all the connections,

Then it was a real pain to install the harness and reconnect the 3 original connectors under the dash.

lol I can imagine that... it was a paint enough just getting the 3 connectors unplugged and plugging them into the custom harness. So glad I didn't have to take the box out.

bit OT but related... I have another issue where my xanavi unit keeps cutting out (the screen goes out). It will stay out for weeks at a time, and then come on for 10 minutes just randomly. Currently it's in an "out" phase, and when I drive over bumps and potholes it "beeps" (like when you switch it on or off) which makes me think it's an intermittent power connection.

I know of at least one other person that this has happened to and I wonder if it's a common issue. I noticed on your pinout Simon that the power to the xanavi unit looks to be in the second of the three connectors on the climate box under the dash. Perhaps the issue could be in that box?

Yer, my Xanavi unit has been intermittent too.

Worked fine for the test drives before i bought the car.

But the day after, started not coming on, then not turning off, and sometimes works fine.

What really gets me here, is when it doesnt turn off :wacko: after i have turned the ignition off and left the car.

The screen will just be frozen with the nissan background.

• Like 1

Yer, my Xanavi unit has been intermittent too.

Worked fine for the test drives before i bought the car.

But the day after, started not coming on, then not turning off, and sometimes works fine.

What really gets me here, is when it doesnt turn off :wacko: after i have turned the ignition off and left the car.

The screen will just be frozen with the nissan background.

Hmm sounds like mine. Has never gotten stuck at the Nissan logo though - when it stays on it is usually just the backlight (no image). This flattens the battery though :(.

I have had it apart several times and had all four boards out and resoldered all the external connections. No obvious dry joints that I can find. I have a whole other (known working) unit though to test with now, so I hope to fix it one way or another...