SAU Community

G'day, I'm New Around These Parts. Need Help

studricho

Yes, I'm new here and need some help with a little project. I'm putting a RB25DET into a UC Torana coupe. I'm not sure if that will get some peoples backs up, but here i am anyway.

Some of you peeps may have bought some parts from me on ebay. Anyway, i would love a picture of the inside of the fuse/relay box cover in the engine bay. I had one, but sold it. i thought I'd taken pics, but can't find them.

Car pictures.

dscf2184ux7.jpg

I thought I'd post a picture so you guys know that I'm not a dreaming or pulling your leg. I'm on a few other forums and i know how it work for noobs like me.. :(

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f**k YES! lol you rock. That car would be a handful when it's running.

Heaps of people have told me that. The funny thing is that I've never been in a skyline or driven one. the closest was driving a stagea.

The orginal engine plan was a RB30 with a SC14 supercharger. i got the engine in and running while the paint was rough. After stripping the car down and getting it painted i decided to get cracking on rebuilding the rb30 motor and chasing up a 5 speed. After doing the math, it was cheaper to buy a complete half cut R33.

So i sold the RB30 with SC14 blower and many parts from the half cut i didn't need. I stll have heaps of parts left over that i need to sell. How does it work on this forum with selling stuff? Do you need a certain amount of posts first?

The aim is to get the car up and running asap. I done things to the motor like a new excedy heavy duty clucth, machine flywheel,new rear main seal,all new exhauxt studs and gasket.

Also it has new timing belt,seals and pulleys. i still have new belts and plugs to install.

It should be interesting to drive....I can't wait.

• 3 months later...

It's been ages since i made a reply to this thread. Heaps of work has been done since my last post, so I'll let the pics tell the story....

dscf2654jq1.jpg

dscf2928ta5.jpg

dscf2930ll1.jpg

dscf2932uu8.jpg

dscf2986oe8.jpg

dscf3003iz6.jpg

dscf3004st9.jpg

dscf3114he0.jpg

The engine now starts and runs. Sounds great straight from the turbo..

So you're sticking an RB in a car which was single handedly responsible for a lot of mid-20's sin, depravity and probably at least responsible for about 3 reasons of "why I will go to hell"? :)

It was even that colour blue (well, that and primer) with a 308 piece of oil burning, GMH pushrod shit, iron boat anchor... Good job! :)

Edited by MK2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
ummm his 250 will NOT be faster than the car, no way in hell! those cibby 250's are good for about a 14 second quarter, I am sure the UC hatch with a rb25 will be well into the 12's

Now I'm scared. I ordered a reco 9 inch 3.55 lsd centre and I will be running 17" VY SS rims. I'm really pushing to get this car done by December. I'll see how I go..Mony being the biggest hurdle followed by time.

Looking good. A mate did a similar thing but a rb26 into a tarana. Aweosme fun to drive but easy to get into trouble with lots of power and next to no weight :D

As in sliding around trouble or red and blue disco lights trouble?

This car is being built for towing and just a good all rounder car to drive. I love to go a power cruise in it. :P