SAU Community

R33 Airbags And Steering Wheels

ferni

If the airbag has been set off before and the steering wheel has been replaced, how can you tell if the centre console module has been replaced aswell? and also would the airbag light be on the dash if this module hasnt been replaced in series 2?

any help would be greatful

Just trying to narrow down a problem im having.

Cheers

Daz

• 3 years later...

Digging up this old thread

Can anyone clarify how the steering angle sensor works and if I can connect this to an s2 wheel somehow? Basically my s1 (airbag) wheel is completely stuffed, but I have a mint s2 wheel already (the one with the clear plastic shield behind the wheel). I'm not worried about the airbag not working I'll just remove the bulb or whatever, but I just need a decent stock looking wheel to get through a roadworthy and then I'll probably go to an aftermarket wheel anyway. So is there any way I can keep the hicas working with the s2 wheel?

cheers.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Ok, I fixed my horn yesterday in my S1 GTR, it has an S2 steering wheel, so no dice on the airbag, but!

As for the horn, there should be 4 wires going to the steering wheel, the green wire should be the horn active, you can check this with a multimeter/test lamp, test from the chassis to the green wire and you should have 12V there, then while still connected to chassis and the green wire (either with clamps, or a mate) pull the horn fuse in the engine bay, this should take away the 12V, confirming that it's the right circuit.

After that you can re -insert the fuse and connect the green wire to the single wire attached to the horn mechanism, this should pull in the horn relay (in engine bay) and sound the horn.

I hope this helps as I trolled the 3 threads about this on SAU and various others without answers. The methodology for find the wire is solid, so if the wire colours differ, testing them to ground and removing the horn fuse should determine which one is correct.

• Like 1