SAU Community

wtf was that electrical spear gun from 2fast2furious???

Guest RedLineGTR

Dont think it was real probably something dreamt up by the movie makers, the purpose of the "gun" i think was like a EMP shock wave through the cars metal shell to effect all electrical components like the ecu etc...since 100% of electrical items a grounded they can be shutdown buy this form of a "gun". Dotn know if it's correct but *shrugz...

• 3 months later...

EMP = electrical magnetic pulse

But the gun in the movie is strictly fictional.

How can they shut down the car in 3 stages, they made it look like it taped into the engine management and started to close it down in stages ...

there are real devices like it but they just fry the electrical system, not shut it down in stages .. but only in america ..

a necleur bomb will stop a cars electrical system .. hahaha and the explosion will do the rest ...

fictional based upon the technology that i believe was used in the gulf war? I remember reading somewhere that some of the missiles were equipped with a form of bomb which only had the effect of frying computers, in particular nano devices like CPU's used in military equipment. harmless to humans (apart from the impact of course)

Wouldn't laugh though, it may just become a reality some day, although i'd doubt they'd waste it on petty boy-racers. :(

yeah there are such things they fall under the 'non lethal weapons' catagory.

The US cops were trying a device that looked similar to a shoe box on wheels, that was shot out from under the front their car, and designed to go under the car they were chasing and discharge an EMF powerful enough to fry the ECU and chips in the car. There is only one problem with this, just imagine if the person in the car has a pacemaker!

Originally posted by holdens_r_better

Id doubt it was real be pretty wicked if it was but

It is real people!!! USA has proto type and seen discovery channel on that EMP.

Its not used at the moment only cuz, scientist doesn not know the effect on Human Brain.

and it is dangerouse to use while vehicle travelling high speed. when engine turns off the car go stray and hit other pople on the road.

cheers

Joe

It would be difficult for that sort of device to be legalised due to the firing of a projectile with spikes on the end.

Can you imagine the shitfiight if the cops aim was off and he put it through the window and into the driver/passenger? LAWSUIT, it is america after all!

Sounds like a good idea, haven t seen the movie yet and dont really care to *shrugs*

Can u imagine the amount of power it would take to shut down a car making however many kw through the alternator. I dont think u could do it with another car battery.

The weapon they used in the gulf was a kinda experimental to say the least.

"1991: DESERT STORM: According to Defense News, April 13 - 19, 1992, the US deployed an electromagnetic pulse weapon (EMP) in Desert Storm, designed to mimic the flash of electricity from a nuclear bomb. The Sandia National Laboratory had built a 23,000 square meter laboratory on the Kirkland Air Force Base, 1989, to house the Hermes II electron beam generator capable of producing 20 Trillion Watt pulses lasting 20 billionths to 25 billionths of a second. This X-ray simulator is called a Particle Beam Fusion Accelerator. A stream of electrons hitting a metal plate can produce a pulsed X-ray or gamma ray. Hermes II had produced electron beams since 1974. These devices were apparently tested during the Gulf War, although detailed information on them is sparse... "

Thats alot of juice and these thing would not be cheap, would proably be cheaper to blow a bunker to simtherines instead.

More reading for any interested More

Yepp, they are around, if you have the right Taliban and US contacts !! LOL

They are a 'little bit' different to whant was shown in the movie though.

For propolsion, the one in the movie would have been using presurised gas or air.

Underwater spear guns use compressed air, and on the flat out setting are totally wicked :cheers:

J