SAU Community

Nistune Powerfc Hks Fcon Haltech Ems Link Ecu Etc Real Time Road Tune And Dyno Tune Available In Sydney And Other State

Toshi

Hi Toshi,

Since the Brisbane trip is a bit complicated with needing to do cars during the work week and you needing to fly up here. What other options do we have? ie. retune by mail?

I need some sort of retune as my car pings if I apply throttle hard between 3500 and 4500 rpm.

Running 10 psi, full exhaust, R34 intercooler, filter and walbro pump.

I will send remap ECU to you.

You go to dyno and check AFR and ping.

Please send dyno sheet (I need AFR and rpm sheet)over the e-mail.

If not good I will send you another chip.

How many people did you fined?

Toshi

hi Toshi,

I have a 1997 series 2 r33 auto GTS-T with

FMIC,

split dump /front pipe,

full 3 " exhaust,

pod filter in CAI box,

turbo tech boost controller (10PSI),

wasnt going to do much more with the car as far as mods go..

I live in Perth was looking at a safc2 ....

was wondering if you can remap for my set up and how do we go about it...oh and how much :-)

regards Rob

Hey Toshi,

I have a Stagea 260RS, which I am led to believe has a R33 GTR ECU with R34 wiring loom. I cracked open the ECU the other day and discovered that it has no daughterboard connector :/

I am in Brissy, is there way you could do your mod and then I could take the car to someone in Brissy to get it tuned? Do you know of any workshops who have the necessary emulators? I already have Nistune on my laptop (I had a Nistune daughterboard in my last car...man I wish I could have one in this car).

Cheers,

Simon

Hi BoostedBarge

Did you check conector?

I think 260RS same all GTR conector.

So you are able to use R32 ECU.

Toshi

Hey Toshi,

I have a Stagea 260RS, which I am led to believe has a R33 GTR ECU with R34 wiring loom. I cracked open the ECU the other day and discovered that it has no daughterboard connector :rofl:

I am in Brissy, is there way you could do your mod and then I could take the car to someone in Brissy to get it tuned? Do you know of any workshops who have the necessary emulators? I already have Nistune on my laptop (I had a Nistune daughterboard in my last car...man I wish I could have one in this car).

Cheers,

Simon

Hi BoostedBarge

Did you check conector?

I think 260RS same all GTR conector.

So you are able to use R32 ECU.

Toshi

Yeah that's another option. I need to double-check on the wiring loom. I may be getting confused with the standard Stageas. It seems kind of crazy using a ECU that's nearly 10 years older than my car, but then I guess they use the same algorithms and have 16x16 maps, so what's there to gain?

Does the R34 GT-R ECU has a daughterboard connector like the R34 GT-T?

Edit: I'm sure there are quite a few differences between R33 and R32 ECUs. For a start, I just remembered that the R32 uses Titania O2 sensors, where as the R33 uses Zirconia (I just replaced them), so that would cause problems. Would probably have to replace the sensors.

Edited by BoostedBarge

260RS is same R33 GTR conector.

So you are able to use R32 ECU.(power FC is same R32 and R33. also some people use R32 ECU for R33 in Japan)

This is cheaper way.(R33 is 16 bit and R32 is 8bit)

daughterboard is expencive so I recommend power FC.

GTR power fc is not expencive.

If boosted up only(or little over 400hp), R32 ECU and power fc is same power.

If you will change big turbo I recommend power fc.

Toshi

Yeah that's another option. I need to double-check on the wiring loom. I may be getting confused with the standard Stageas. It seems kind of crazy using a ECU that's nearly 10 years older than my car, but then I guess they use the same algorithms and have 16x16 maps, so what's there to gain?

Does the R34 GT-R ECU has a daughterboard connector like the R34 GT-T?

Edit: I'm sure there are quite a few differences between R33 and R32 ECUs. For a start, I just remembered that the R32 uses Titania O2 sensors, where as the R33 uses Zirconia (I just replaced them), so that would cause problems. Would probably have to replace the sensors.

Cool. Thanks for your advice Toshi. I've played with Nissan ECUs a bit myself over the years, so I know how capable they are. :action-smiley-069: Ideally, I'd like to keep it, but it looks like it will not be economical to do so. Oh well..

I heard somewhere that you socketed daughterboard for the R33 can be connected to EPROM emulators and is supported by Nistune. Is this true? If this also works with the GTR ECU and I can find someone in Brisbane with EPROM emulators, then it may be an option. Otherwise...aftermarket it is

Yes,I am remaping R33 ECU by NISTUNE softwear.

But its only RB25DET.(R33 GTR custermmer is not many.So I do not have GTR spare ECU and daughterboard)

If you want to remap yourself , you need daughterboard.

Cost$ 650-750 include data for daughterboard.

So power FC is better.(second hand power FC is same price)

Cool. Thanks for your advice Toshi. I've played with Nissan ECUs a bit myself over the years, so I know how capable they are. :action-smiley-069: Ideally, I'd like to keep it, but it looks like it will not be economical to do so. Oh well..

I heard somewhere that you socketed daughterboard for the R33 can be connected to EPROM emulators and is supported by Nistune. Is this true? If this also works with the GTR ECU and I can find someone in Brisbane with EPROM emulators, then it may be an option. Otherwise...aftermarket it is

Thanks Toshi. I'm guessing the daughterboard is not a real-time programmable one like Nistune's, so once you add the cost of emulators (or finding someone with emulators), you're right, it's not a very economic option. It's a shame, I'd like to keep the factory ECU for the nice idle, cold start, knock control features and stealth factor :O. I believe the factory ECU is capable of supporting the sort of power I require. Oh well...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Simon

Yeah the problem with those ECUs is the MCU has to be replaced with a daughterboard which solders into where the MCU lives and then they intercept the logic with Programmable Logic Chips (MCU gets plugged in these boards). Currently those boards are fairly expensive. The boards seem to go for about $500-$700AUD but I dont know if that includes fitting.

I've got on my list to get those ones done and that will surely drive the price down... but thats a couple of projects down on my list at the moment due to the complexity and time involved

Fitted a few myself... you can then plug a Moates emulator into it and then tune using your exisitng license through that. Which is what Toshi is doing with Nistune (and then burning to blank H8 MCUs afterwards). Sam (dr_drift) knows where to get them if you are interested in getting one fitted (and confirm it is compatible with your ECU)

Burning H8s is definately the economical solution for most people compared to daughterboard but depends if you like tweaking the tune...

Thank you gt-ahhh!

His turbo is KKR430.

This is laggy turbo.

Now almost same response as std R33 turbo.

RB engines very important ignition timing for response and power.

I adjust AFR 11.5 his car for safe.(his car is street car)

Because AFR come up winter night.

If his car fitted bigger turbo I will adjust AFR 11(or under 11) for safe.

HKS 0-400M (quater mile) racer adjust AFR 10.8.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Simon

Yeah the problem with those ECUs is the MCU has to be replaced with a daughterboard which solders into where the MCU lives and then they intercept the logic with Programmable Logic Chips (MCU gets plugged in these boards). Currently those boards are fairly expensive. The boards seem to go for about $500-$700AUD but I dont know if that includes fitting.

I've got on my list to get those ones done and that will surely drive the price down... but thats a couple of projects down on my list at the moment due to the complexity and time involved

Fitted a few myself... you can then plug a Moates emulator into it and then tune using your exisitng license through that. Which is what Toshi is doing with Nistune (and then burning to blank H8 MCUs afterwards). Sam (dr_drift) knows where to get them if you are interested in getting one fitted (and confirm it is compatible with your ECU)

Burning H8s is definately the economical solution for most people compared to daughterboard but depends if you like tweaking the tune...

Cool, thanks for your reply Matt (sorry for the delay, I've been away with work). I'm now treading the line between plug-in aftermarket vs modded standard ECU. I guess it will be some time before I decide anyway (gotta convince the missus). I have some pics of this ECU. I will post them on Nistune for you.

Many people see your thread and they ask me about remap.

I very much appreciate it.

Thank you siddr20.

I hope you have a safe trip.

Toshi

Ah im happy to see there are a lot more happy customers with toshi!!

Toshi - i sold my car btw :P

perhaps if i buy another import, i will be coming to you again!! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you gt-ahhh!

His turbo is KKR430.

This is laggy turbo.

Now almost same response as std R33 turbo.

RB engines very important ignition timing for response and power.

I adjust AFR 11.5 his car for safe.(his car is street car)

Because AFR come up winter night.

If his car fitted bigger turbo I will adjust AFR 11(or under 11) for safe.

HKS 0-400M (quater mile) racer adjust AFR 10.8.

Hey Toshi,

Do you remember what power you made with the KKR430, I was thinkin bout puttin a KKR480, what do you reccommend for me to do to increase the response?

Cheers