SAU Community

Nos

HTMR32

Hi,

I would like to know if NOS is legal in Victoria,

can i have the setup and bottle or just setup or neither.

let me know if you know how much it would cost to install.

If anyone has a kit for sale let me know.

Thanks

Edited by HTMR32

You can have the fittings in your car but nothing connected and like not even a bottle in your car and just the connection sitting there you can not have it in at all

i do belive you can have c02 in your car i belive but must be engerneerd or somthing or EPA tested depending on where it is fitted can not remember

You can have the fittings in your car but nothing connected and like not even a bottle in your car and just the connection sitting there you can not have it in at all

i do belive you can have c02 in your car i belive but must be engerneerd or somthing or EPA tested depending on where it is fitted can not remember

Sorry to say you are incorrect.

Having ANY part of a NOS system installed in a Victorian street car is illegal and you could be fined $2000 PER CYLINDER. That's a $12,000 fine for an rb engine.

apparently having the nos kit is legal to have installed and u are allowed to have the bottle put in the car but the bottle cant be connected.

they tried to pass a law for nos bottles to be banned but they cant cause then they would have to ban people from have BBQ bottles in the cant so there is no law for not having the bottle in the car.

they cant fine you if they dont see u using it or if its connected.

thats what i know for now.

yeah but Police are the ones who will defect you for anything i had one try to defect my evo 6 for a front mount intercooler and there is now a letter we have from mits that we can print for police who defect Evos for there intercooler and there rego being on the side so police will defect you for anything if they want to

apparently having the nos kit is legal to have installed and u are allowed to have the bottle put in the car but the bottle cant be connected.

they tried to pass a law for nos bottles to be banned but they cant cause then they would have to ban people from have BBQ bottles in the cant so there is no law for not having the bottle in the car.

they cant fine you if they dont see u using it or if its connected.

thats what i know for now.

Can have the setup, cannot be connected or quickly connected. Otherwise some snap on air line connections could be used. Basicly if you have to get a shifter to put it on then your fine.

Any of you two got proof for what you typed there? Last official documentation I read agrees with Al in that you cannot have ANY part of a NOS system connected to a road rego'd car.