SAU Community

WTB - NA R33 Skyline around or under $13000

Baileylsd

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't get a 300zx! hold our for the r33 - they are far superior! the 300zx's are cops of cars - heavy, weak engines, hard to work on (have u seen the engine bay??) not to mention lack of seating in the rear (even in the 2+2) i know they're cheaper and more power, but you'll have way more mechanical problems with it and the power only makes up for the weight.

seriously the 33 is a great car i haven't had a problem with mine in a year and a half - but if u really want a 300zx, wait til 1st jan next yr and get an '89 for like $7.5k - check out www.prestigemotorsport.com.au and go to stock. (not affiliated)

fair nuff thats pretty quick - the r33 na does 7.3 (manual) stock. Tho with a small amount of mods (exhaust & pod filter mainly (bout $400), extractors ($350), hi flo cat ($300) & super afc II ($550) - if ur keen) u'd easily break that time and have what i consider to be a nicer/more practical car -

but that's just my 2 c ;)

did i mention that in a stock locking r33 i've never been pulled over by the cops in 1.5 years with p plates up? :) dunno how many 300s wouldnt get pulled over ?

hey i just realised i know a guy selling a r33 na 5spd gunmetal grey type m (front bar & skirts) - other than that stock i think - maybe exhaust - i don't know him that well tho... he hasn't advertised his car but he's got a sticker up - he might want slightly higher tho like 14k... i'll check it out

actually i heard he might wanna keep it cos he got a call from a some hot chick who saw him in his car and called the for sale number and now hes r&%ting her!!! hahahaha

naiwiboo is right, next year you can get a sweet '89 model twin-turbo 300 (which is the same shape as the '90, '91, '92 model etc.) for sweet f.a. And n/a's for even less. If you're serious about a 300, you might as well wait another 6 months and import an '89 model and get in under the 15 year rule. Believe me, you'll appreciate the savings and so will your wallet!

where? In melbourne? If so, can you give me some names cos my guy in Melbourne said they he couldn't get any plates for me or get any cars complied there and then brought here. I'd really appreciate dude, cos if he's lying to me, I wanna know + means I can finally get the Supra we've had sitting in da mechanics for the last 3 months finally on the road! :D

cheers