SAU Community

What Spark Plugs For Rb25det?

J-train

If you can run the 1.1mm gap without it missing then do it. The bigger gap the better. People only reduce the gap when they are running large boost or have old, weak coils that can't provide a strong enough spark

That's true, only reduce gap if you have to.

NGK BKR6EYA. = 0.8mm

I was running these on 10psi with stock ECU. No Problems.

Installed an SAFC 2 and my Tuner gapped them down to 0.7mm due to old Stock Coils. No Problems.

NGK BKR6EYA-11 = 1.1mm

I will go back up to 1.1mm soon as I just bought some Brand New Stock Coils.

This will be interesting...

That's what I thought.. I will try the 1.1mm gap an see how I go. It only has 140k on the engine so coils might be fine.

Is 1.1mm and 0.8mm the only 2 gaps I can run or should I try lower the gap in 0.1mm increments like as in if 1.1mm doesn't work maybe try 1mm then 0.9 then 0.8 or is that pointless? I'm new to the whole boost scene so excuse my lack of knowledge haha appreciate everyone's help :)

If they are the original coils at 140kms then they will probably be getting a bit weak.

And yes, you can just drop the gap by 0.1mm increments until it doesn't miss

If you want cheap BCPR6ES, get them off eBay

Just buy more than 12 at a time and it works out pretty sweet, $2.90 each delivered

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NGK-spark-plug-BCPR6-ES-plugs-BCPR6ES-tradeprice-2330-/330828510503?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d06ea7527

I just ordered 24 lol, works out to be $2.81 each.. :)

Well the 1.1mm gap works fine. Revs sooo much smoother now. Coils must be good :D Old plugs had a little miss before it revved. Doesnt miss at all during idle or rev. Have no driven it yet to test them under load but all seems fine. Thanks everyone for your help

• 7 years later...

I've checked alot of places and I can't seem to find BCPR6ES spark plugs with 0.8mm gap I can only find 1.1mm and super cheap say (after rego checko) they are not a right fit for the rb25. After alot of searching and doing my head in I found BCPR6ES with a 0.9mm gap from justjap so that's what I went with... ?‍♂️ Stock rb25

3 minutes ago, Kiza said:

I've checked alot of places and I can't seem to find BCPR6ES spark plugs with 0.8mm gap I can only find 1.1mm and super cheap say (after rego checko) they are not a right fit for the rb25. After alot of searching and doing my head in I found BCPR6ES with a 0.9mm gap from justjap so that's what I went with... ?‍♂️ Stock rb25

Hmmm. You just set the gap to whatever you want with a very cheap tool.

10 hours ago, Kiza said:

I use those plugs with 1.1 gap and have zero issues. Drop gap if your coils are shit, otherwise leave at 1.1

So why so hard finding info ? Gapping copper/nickel and platinum plugs is trivial. Iridiums are the only ones you've really got to be careful with. In NGK if it has no - prefix at the end it is like this-

# heat range.

Copper/nickel plugs, the bcpr#es is pregapped to 0.9mm / 36 thou, there is no 0.8mm gap in bcpr#es coppers.

Platinum plugs BCPR#EP and Iridium plugs BCPR#EIX, are pregapped to 0.8mm / 32 thou.

A -11 at the end indicates an 1.1mm / 44 thou gap as an option, available in all of these plugs.

15 hours ago, Kiza said:

I've checked alot of places and I can't seem to find BCPR6ES spark plugs with 0.8mm gap I can only find 1.1mm and super cheap say (after rego checko) they are not a right fit for the rb25. After alot of searching and doing my head in I found BCPR6ES with a 0.9mm gap from justjap so that's what I went with... ?‍♂️Stock rb25

Also 5 is stock NGK heat range for RB25, 6 for RB26.

Probably why Repco / Supercrap say it's the wrong plug too.

• Thanks 1