SAU Community

Gt Auto Imports Croydon

trel

I've read a few posts here regarding GT Auto Imports in Croydon, Victoria.

So far all responses have seemed to be positive. Topic's I've read are a little old though, so anyone who has recently dealt with them ie. last 6 months, please feel free to reply to this and let me and others know what you thought.

I went in there today and spoke to a gentleman by the name of Peter. I didn't think I was going to be there for that long though! I went in to ask him about importing an R34 GT-T for me and we were there for nearly 2 hours talking. Seems like a very genuine bloke. Unfortunately today looks can be deceiving, so I would like to know of other people's experiences, and maybe an importer that you might be able to recommend?

I've spoken to Craig at J-Spec , excellent service and very fast response. From what I hear they offer fantastic service, only thing with me is though, I would much rather prefer to do dealings like this in person as opposed to email and phones. This is why I would opt an importer who has a workshop/office.

He was very helpful and by the looks of things extremely knowledgable in the importation process ,telling me step by step what goes on, and how to go about it.

My budget is 20k MAXIMUM 21. He seems to think he can get me a very nice example and quite possibly have some change left over, so I'm happy about that.

All replies will be appreciated. :(

Thanks guys,

Evan

Hi I imported my Series 2 Stagea about 6 months ago through Craig@J-Spec and upon thier recommendation used GT Auto for compliance.

I mainly dealt with Wayne @GT and he was always very helpful...from applying for the import approval to compliance and then even registering the car on road....they looked after everything.

They also arranged for my timing belt/water pump replacement before I picked up the car.

Having racing experience with Skylines, GT Auto sure know them pretty well.

For me, both J-Spec and GT Auto were great....hope this helps.

Well, before checking this post, I checked my email and someone has told me that the business GT Auto has apparently changed hands now. So I'm a little confused, as when I called GT Wayne answered but when I got there a guy called Peter was there.

God this can be frustrating. Thanks for the response.

Evan.

Evan,

Sorry for the confusion. I have sold my RAW (GT AUTO Compliance) to Peter as of last week. I have been working closely with Peter for quite a few years now, and I was very happy to sell the company to a person that I know very well and highly trust.

I am still working with Peter and GT AUTO Compliance on a daily basis, and will be involved with the day to day running of the Company for some time.

Regarding the purchase of your car, for years now GT AUTO has had a great working relationship with J-Spec Imports. They source/purchase the cars for the customers, and we look after compliance.

We (Peter and I) recommend that you source your car via J-Spec and then use us for compliance.

Feel free to give me a call (0419 003125) if you have any further questions. I know you have already spoken to Peter.

Regards,

Wayne Sterling

GT AUTO Compliance Pty Ltd

Well, before checking this post, I checked my email and someone has told me that the business GT Auto has apparently changed hands now. So I'm a little confused, as when I called GT Wayne answered but when I got there a guy called Peter was there.

God this can be frustrating. Thanks for the response.

Evan.

I got my R33 through J-spec imports 6 months ago, Craig and Ben are fantastic and easy to deal with and Wayne at GT Auto complied my car, he is a very nice guy, always willing to answer my questions and i think he complied my car within 2 weeks and did a good job of it :down: so I'd recommend u to give them a try

Edited by Charles89

Hi Wayne!!!

Big ups for GT Auto, sad that Wayne is getting out of it. Thanks for all your help with my R34 :D

Also, I can't say enough about Ben at J-spec, he's put up with my constant emailing for a few months. Great guy :)

Edited by llama_au

My father and I used J-Spec to import a R34 GTR about a year and a bit a ago. Craig and Ben were excellent to deal with and it was money well spent. Wayne at GT Auto did the compliancing and we were only too happy with the result. So yeah I would recommend both J-Spec and GT Auto

Both these companies are top notch and they worked for there love of cars not the loe of money.

If either craig or wayne called me in adelaide and needed a bed for the night i would be happy to have them over

great blokes looked after me very well

Erin

(ps chaser comlaince done at gt auto also ;))