SAU Community

Replacing R34 Sedan Taillights With Coupe Model.

Magic

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped by Fibrevision today and spoke to Bruce.

We were waiting on an R34 coupe to come in but it's been over a month and it's a no show so far. We were going to see what EXACTLY needed to be done. But i've seen Bruce's work, 100% confident we can do it now.

But either way it will be done after I get back from Japan. Hoping January 2009. But I'm in no rush to be honest. :whistling:

Stopped by Fibrevision today and spoke to Bruce.

We were waiting on an R34 coupe to come in but it's been over a month and it's a no show so far. We were going to see what EXACTLY needed to be done. But i've seen Bruce's work, 100% confident we can do it now.

But either way it will be done after I get back from Japan. Hoping January 2009. But I'm in no rush to be honest. :laugh:

Good luck! hope to see a good result! i been looking into aswell.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I COMPLETELY forgot (so did Bruce at FB) about the lower reverse lights on the R34 Coupe. As I saw my friend reverse his 2 door 34 onto my lawn I was like aww f**k!

I'm scrapping this idea, but I definitly encourage any high rollers with the coin to make it happen, I think it'd look mint.

Cost-wise you would need about $3,000 for the main brake lights area etc, and then I'd estimate a further 800-$1,000 for the lower reverse lights section.

In terms of what needs to be done, that Skylude post gives is a good example. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553310

reshaping the bootlid to fit it in is the main thing that needs to be done. Decided not to go ahead as I'm aiming for a 34R late 2009, early '10. :)

Well I COMPLETELY forgot (so did Bruce at FB) about the lower reverse lights on the R34 Coupe. As I saw my friend reverse his 2 door 34 onto my lawn I was like aww f**k!

I'm scrapping this idea, but I definitely encourage any high rollers with the coin to make it happen, I think it'd look mint.

Cost-wise you would need about $3,000 for the main brake lights area etc, and then I'd estimate a further 800-$1,000 for the lower reverse lights section.

In terms of what needs to be done, that Skylude post gives is a good example. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553310

reshaping the bootlid to fit it in is the main thing that needs to be done. Decided not to go ahead as I'm aiming for a 34R late 2009, early '10. :thumbsup:

looking at this: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&id=126480

and looking at the rear bar. would it be possible just to fit a coupe rear bar to your 4door for the lower reverse lights? they look very similar but theres probably slight differences that you cant tell from that pic

probably not as straightforward as that but still.

Edited by G0DZLR

Correct that would be the way to do it but a whole lot of modifying to fit and re-wiring, as the 2 door rear kit goes more around the sides then the sedan, and it's not a striaght swap. And of course the $$. So I'm bailing on the idea. Was good while it lasted. lol.

Edited by Magic

When I get the money I'll pick up the baton..

Good to know that fibrevision are up to the job though, I've sourced some GTR front fenders, some I'm doing my front end atm...

Will do the arse later down the track..

• 8 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been looking into the swap owning a sedan for a while and have managed to get a deal on a coupe  so I will do what I can and keep anyone who is still viewing this and wanting to see progression of it.