SAU Community

A31 Digital Climate Control

daisu

I'm not exactly sure what your first question is asking. I installed a digital climate controller from a JDM S13 into the A31 cefiro.

I haven't had time to write up a wiring diagram for it yet.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a digital climate control from s13...how i can connet this digital climate control(s13) to my a31?? how connet the wiring made it plug n play??It have three connetor at my car,one white colour and two black colour(one big and one small)..tell me please...thank you..

Edited by cefiro new user

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Yes and no Lum,

there are 3 control units for the aircon in nissans.

Regular aircon (only option available in USDM 240sx, and some JDM S13) this is the one that has COLD-HOT written on it and no auto functions.

Analogue climate control (available in JDM S13, this is the only option available in laurels and cefiros) marked 20/25/30 and has auto fuctions like pictured above in your link.

Digital climate control, pretty self explanatory (different models available through silvia/skylines)

That guide (installing sun sensors etc) is for USDM 240sx models (and JDM models that didn't have climate control). You don't need to follow that as your cefiro already has the sunload and temp sensors.

Hi there daisu,

Since cefiro's wiring diagram is hard to find, which aircon diagram is the most similar to A31? I have r32, s13,s14,and s15. s15 is the most readable manual, and it has regular aircon (acording to your post above). My aircond wiring is messed up, fan blower cables are going nowhere. And my cabin is hott.

Below is s15 aircon main wiring diagram, is it similar with ceffy's?

s15aircond.th.png

And where is "fan resistor" which control blower speed located? Is it behind the glove box with 4-5 wire harness? When i took that off, it doesn't look like a resistor, it's more like a temperature sensor (?), shaped like a comb/brush.

Thanks

Hi there daisu,

Since cefiro's wiring diagram is hard to find, which aircon diagram is the most similar to A31? I have r32, s13,s14,and s15. s15 is the most readable manual, and it has regular aircon (acording to your post above). My aircond wiring is messed up, fan blower cables are going nowhere. And my cabin is hott.

Below is s15 aircon main wiring diagram, is it similar with ceffy's?

s15aircond.th.png

And where is "fan resistor" which control blower speed located? Is it behind the glove box with 4-5 wire harness? When i took that off, it doesn't look like a resistor, it's more like a temperature sensor (?), shaped like a comb/brush.

Thanks

A31 wiring should be pretty much identical to S13. I would doubt that it would be the same as S15.

If your cefiro has regular aircon (it doesn't have auto function, and the temp slider says cold-hot) it is going to be very difficult to convert it to climate control.

A31 wiring should be pretty much identical to S13. I would doubt that it would be the same as S15.

If your cefiro has regular aircon (it doesn't have auto function, and the temp slider says cold-hot) it is going to be very difficult to convert it to climate control.

Thanks man, I'm downloading S13 FSM now. My cefiro does have an auto function in blower slider, it says OFF-AUTO-LOW-HIGH.

The problem is, blower motor harness is not connected anywhere. I know from several nissan aircon manual, one cable from blower is connected to battery via relay, and other cable connected to resistor which controls blower speed. Where is that resistor located?

Thanks man, I'm downloading S13 FSM now. My cefiro does have an auto function in blower slider, it says OFF-AUTO-LOW-HIGH.

The problem is, blower motor harness is not connected anywhere. I know from several nissan aircon manual, one cable from blower is connected to battery via relay, and other cable connected to resistor which controls blower speed. Where is that resistor located?

Not sure? Where are they on the other nissans? Could be on the air blower under the glovebox?

hmm..

Okay then, I'll go figure myself. BTW nice work with digital climate control there mate. I'm lucky enough if only my aircon blows cool air.. :thumbsup: It feels like in a sauna right now man, hott..

• 6 months later...

I'm still soo confused and the links aren't working.

How did you go about swapping the wires over? Was it just a matter of matching color for color?

And i'm assuming you didn't cross wires between the two connectors (ie. run wires from connector A to connector B) ??

No the wire colours don't match.

I found that the S13 analogue climate control unit plugs in and works straight up with the cefiro. So I figured that the cefiro loom has an identical pinout to the S13 loom (when the S13 has the analogue subloom connected).

Then I compared the S13 analogue and digital sublooms side by side to try and pick out what the wiring differences were, and reverse those differences in that adaptor loom.

It's a real pain in the arse and I ended up ditching it because it wasn't working properly. It may have just been my temp sensors needed replacing but it could have been a wiring mistake or a damaged control unit and I didn't want to mess around with it anymore.

I'd say you would have better chances if you could get your hands on an S13 dash loom, that way you'd be able to trace the wires back to the individual parts (blower motor, mixer door, sensors etc) and then do the same in the cefiro, and go as far as modifying the cefiro body loom so that you can plug the S13 subloom straight in.

OK. Connected plugs 1 and 2 (the black ones), the unit turns on, and buttons display appropriate action on screen, however, no fan, and no illumination on button (the screen does dim however).

The digital display plugs have more wires on its two connectors, where as the Ceffy factory one has less on the two (and obviously the extra connector) - so, use the digital plugs, and wire them up to the factory plugs (1, 2 and 3)....doesn't seem soo hard now. Can work out wires by opening up both control units and tracing each wire.

If I work it out I'll post it up.

e63n81.jpg

Not sure exactly, but if you read into S13 conversion articles they say not to plug the digital unit into the analogue loom or you will risk damaging the unit. Something like the fan speed or the fresh/recirc control fails to work after plugging it into the wrong loom.

If you have a mate with a digital unit in an S13, you could swap them over to check whether your unit is still functioning.

• 3 months later...

i just found that some s13 have the same 2 x black and 1 x white plugs as my cefiro, a freind took their unit out and sent me a pic of the back.

im heading to my brothers on sunday he has one ill swap it over and see if it works.

Edited by pikie new account

i just found that some s13 have the same 2 x black and 1 x white plugs as my cefiro, a freind took their unit out and sent me a pic of the back.

im heading to my brothers on sunday he has one ill swap it over and see if it works.

Pretty sure it says in this very thread that if you just plug it in, it will burn out the original unit.

Yep, if you plug a digital unit into the loom it will wreck it.

If your mates S13 has 2 black and 1 white plug, then it will be an analogue unit and will be no different to the one in your cefiro.