SAU Community

Gtr Rb26dett Or Supra 2jz

RB26DETT or 2JZ  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seems to be a lot of Supra FOR THE WIN response but the vote count is show more in favor of the GTR.

Hard choice BTW, I preffer the look of the GTR but my friend has a Supra and its killer.

Both cars can be tuned to perfection, head to head. But I just worry about all that power going through the rear wheels as the GTR will get better traction. SURE ppl have done things to over come the wheel spin with the Supra.

So... What will it be?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah i've seen that car around campbelltown area i gave him a go in my mates evo and that supra ripped us badly, theres another black supra around the same area i think number plates are THNKB4, that thing destroyed my mates 11 sec gtr

hmmm GTR for the win.

both are grea cars. and if it's only for the weekend both will be a good car.

but depends on what you wanna do with it?

do you want to hit up tracks and hills on the weeken and go cruising? or do wanna maybe do some drag stuff and then go cruising?

ultimatly the supra will be faster in a straight line for less cash. but that's only in a straight line. and as far as giving it a thrash on the street (NAUGHTY) the gtr will be better for everything but skids. unless you have a 32 and a attesa switch

lol defeats most piston motors.. yes :banana:

defeats all?? not a chance in hell.. try makin 930hp @ 10,500rpm with 2.6lt and no turbos and last a flat out race for 24hrs STRAIGHT :)

That wouldnt be a 787B mazda le mons car now would it?

we talkin 500hp @ wheels or motor.. because if its motor.. then neither engine needs any mods other than exhaust and some boost to easily crack 500hp @ motor.. if its @ wheels then both cars with both same mods will do it just the same..

Are you f*king retarded?

you think it takes an exhaust and some boost to bring an RB26 or 2J to 500hp at the engine?

you think those 2 mods are going make 373kw at the engine.

that is over 300rwkw.

is this on a PERTH Dyno?

:banana:

to the OP - you obviously want the Supra.

every post you have made so far is in favour of the 2J.

just get that.

you're obviously not after circuit times or time slipped drag times.

Get the supra.

your $10K on mods will get you more power (which is also what you seem to be most concerned with) with the Supra.

to the OP - you obviously want the Supra.

every post you have made so far is in favour of the 2J.

just get that.

you're obviously not after circuit times or time slipped drag times.

Get the supra.

your $10K on mods will get you more power (which is also what you seem to be most concerned with) with the Supra.

so get the supra?

A lot of votes for Supra wow. I vote GTR because I was going through this same dilemma a few years ago when I was tossing up between Supra TT or Skyline GTR?

Well it came down to this. I Love both cars but GTR had two back seats which you can actually use not like the supra and a good size boot for shopping etc.

Also the difference in fuel cost between 2.6 and a 3lt I think a 3lt Twin turbo is an over kill for 2 person ride. And the best thing I like about the GTR is its like a Coca Cola Classic like a Corvette a perfect sleeper but when you see a Supra you think “IN YOUR FACE” big muscle car like a Viper must go fast with bad handling. Therefore there is no real significant advantage having a Supra than a GTR IMO.

I bought for Everyday Street driving not track. I don’t want to wreck my 10.5 x 18 Volks lol.

Any way that’s my opinion and good luck with what you decide.