SAU Community

Skyline V35 - Stereo + Dvd + Sat Nav

Hey all,

I've put a deposit for an imported Nissan 2004 Skyline V35.

I was just wondering if the 'Japanese' stereo +DVD+Sat nav combo can be converted to 1. English 2. Australian roads?

If not, what are my options...

Cheers All. Vev

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. No - everything stays in Japanese, maybe in the future but will be at cost - not determined yet whether it will be successful.

2. No - japanese maps only - can't do anything about it, end of story.

However you can install something "on top" of the TV's AUX input, be that an Australian navigation or TV.

Do a search, there's other smaller threads here and there about things you need to know...

There have been heaps of thread about this here:

Regarding translation: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/So...re-t194126.html

English sticker stick-on for the buttons (not really useful): http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/En...pl-t192636.html

Regarding nav: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/35...av-t157379.html

Regarding FM Band Converter (if you have Bose factory option and would like to keep the headunit):

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fi...te-t198015.html

I would have used the "Doh Kitty" to answer this question.

But what RS said is right. There are heaps and heaps and heaps of threads on here already to go through. Just keep reading and you'll see where all this is up to.

I would have used the "Doh Kitty" to answer this question.

But what RS said is right. There are heaps and heaps and heaps of threads on here already to go through. Just keep reading and you'll see where all this is up to.

Thanks All - I found a place in Haberfield (Syd) called "Revolution Electronics" that can set it all up in english, replace the DVD, format TV and set the Sat Nav to Australian. I've seen them just finish off another V35 and it all work great. The cost varies from $2K to 3.5K depending on the brand the electronic mods + reprogramming of firmware.

So I reckon, I rather put the cash up for a set of brembo brakes : ) watchya think?

Thanks All - I found a place in Haberfield (Syd) called "Revolution Electronics" that can set it all up in english, replace the DVD, format TV and set the Sat Nav to Australian. I've seen them just finish off another V35 and it all work great. The cost varies from $2K to 3.5K depending on the brand the electronic mods + reprogramming of firmware.

So I reckon, I rather put the cash up for a set of brembo brakes : ) watchya think?

The Jap - English conversion of all the screen except the Navigation screens should be avilable by June and cost should be around $200 - 250. This cost is still a bit of a guess as I am waiting on the cost from the company developing the conversion but it is possible. I have a demo version (a few screeens converted) already installed and it is quite easy to do.

Cheers

Andy

The Jap - English conversion of all the screen except the Navigation screens should be avilable by June and cost should be around $200 - 250. This cost is still a bit of a guess as I am waiting on the cost from the company developing the conversion but it is possible. I have a demo version (a few screeens converted) already installed and it is quite easy to do.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy, that would be sweet. Keep us posted.

Wow? translate to english? I don't think so... the closest we got is a russian company working on it and still about a couple of months away before an actual dvd-rom patch is released...

Replace DVD ROM? Do they remove it? That unit controls all AV related function in your dash, remove it your LCD won't show any pic anymore.

Have you got any details what component they're putting in? Got any website?

Hi my friend.

You has been misleading by that guy just as lots of other friends here.

That guy do not convert your system, He just replace it, by doing that you lost all of factory computer function like trip computer and all the bottom on dash do not work any more(expect the one that he used to on/off the new system). :thumbsup::(;)

To me, I will not do that even just for $500.

Hi my friend.

You has been misleading by that guy just as lots of other friends here.

That guy do not convert your system, He just replace it, by doing that you lost all of factory computer function like trip computer and all the bottom on dash do not work any more(expect the one that he used to on/off the new system). :):P:)

To me, I will not do that even just for $500.

Yeah. I agree with you all. He replaces everything with aftermarket stuff. Too expensive.. As I said.. I'll just buy a set of Brembo Brakes instead.

Yeah. I agree with you all. He replaces everything with aftermarket stuff. Too expensive.. As I said.. I'll just buy a set of Brembo Brakes instead.

vev,

consider this though.. on the street you wouldn't notice the difference between brembo's or the OEM items

where as with a sorted out audio-visual system you can use it everyday and enjoy it

just something to consider. my opinion - brembo's on the street are for looks only

I read that factory V35 Brembo has only a little power over standard item, and therefore was no longer an option from 2005 onwards.

On US websites, the G37 (V36) factory non-brembo calipers are MUCH BIGGER than the G35 (V35) brembo calipers, and therefore is a much favourable upgrade compared to the V35 Brembos... together with a 19" rims (18" won't fit). Factory v35 brembo fits under 18", which shows they are not that much bigger than standard... and they still fade on the track after a few laps... and most owners in USA replace them with even bigger brembo or other calipers like ap racing, willwood items etc.

vev,

consider this though.. on the street you wouldn't notice the difference between brembo's or the OEM items

where as with a sorted out audio-visual system you can use it everyday and enjoy it

just something to consider. my opinion - brembo's on the street are for looks only

If After the look only, This Brembo Cover for around $30 a part is a good choise :cool::cool::cool::cool:

3425_1.JPG

7dc5_1.JPG

Even an AMG look ;):D:D

242f_1.JPG

242f_1.JPG

And Porsche

ec08_1.JPG

LOL Frank, isn't that a crime yet?

I have not driven a 35 with the twin piston front brakes, but they would want to be bloody good. I cannot forsee how they would be as good as the four piston brembos.

Fade would have more to do with pad and fluids.

Maybe Bobby (aka NISMO) can shed some light, having owned both?

LOL Frank, isn't that a crime yet?

I have not driven a 35 with the twin piston front brakes, but they would want to be bloody good. I cannot forsee how they would be as good as the four piston brembos.

Fade would have more to do with pad and fluids.

Maybe Bobby (aka NISMO) can shed some light, having owned both?

Yeah, personally I gotta say there is a difference.

I've had both cars out on the track and the to me the Brembo's were streets ahead.

As for fading, isn't that more a product of the brake fluid/pads and maybe rotors instead of the calliper itself? Woops just noticed Graeme already said that.

The 05 brakes are single piston (well they were on the auto anyway). It definately is a big pad, much bigger than the non Brembo 350z's but still to me the Brembo held up much better lap after lap than what the non Brembo's did.

I went out with improved fluid in both, and stock pads in both and with my driving (not that good :-) ), the non Brembo's lasted at best 2-3 laps with hard driving at Wakefield. The Brembo's on the other hand were more than capable of lasting a session with me.

Scathing, where are you??

Scathing is a much better driver than me, and upgraded his non Brembo's to Brembo. He pushes the limits of the callipers and will be more suited to comment than me. But again from my experience the Brembo's are streets ahead of 05 standard auto brakes.

as i said, when you put track-work aside, i can't see the brembo's makign a huge difference on the street

how do they compare on the street, bobby?

Hey Waz,

on the street just general traffic all breaks will pretty much work the same. In hotter weather I do notice that the Brembo's are much more consistent. Sometimes I sit in traffic for over an hour and in summer it is slightly noticeable.

But in a hard breaking situation on the street I would have to say that I would have more confidence in the Brembo's for no other reason than the fact that they held up much better at the track.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Waz,

on the street just general traffic all breaks will pretty much work the same. In hotter weather I do notice that the Brembo's are much more consistent. Sometimes I sit in traffic for over an hour and in summer it is slightly noticeable.

But in a hard breaking situation on the street I would have to say that I would have more confidence in the Brembo's for no other reason than the fact that they held up much better at the track.

Hey all.. I gonna pick my Black Skyline V35 (Manual) tomorrow from the dealership. Freaking can't sleep!

Oh and yeah i spent extra cash on a set of Brembos (the real thing - not the covers) and a good set of wheels..

Will post pics soon!

maybe you wanna post the pics on a different thread just to keep this thread on topic regarding V35 stereo, dvd & satnav only...