SAU Community

Cancer Kids Charity Drive - Le Porchetta Lunch

malcolm

Hi there :P

Feel like doing something wonderfiul for someone less fortunate ?

I would like to see as many stunning Skylines and aquaintances thereof getting together for a charity drive in the name of raising a donation and offering it as a gesture of goodwill from members of SAU and their friends to Cancer for Kids.

The idea being to drive from Sydney up the F3 motorway to Terry Ashwoods restaurant Le Porchetta in Gosford for lunch. For those who dont know Terry owns the Windfield R32 GTR Race Car and has other Skyline race cars inside the pizza/pasta restaurtant which always makes for interesting table talk.

I think something in the order of $25.00 per car for the donation. See if we cant also hold a raffle on the day and sell a stack of SAU merchandise with a small percentage of each sale also going towards the donation. We'll give Duncan all the dosh who can then raise an SAU cheque for Cancer for Kids.

Any other ideas in relation to anything about this day is greatly appreciated - please post below :D

I am thinking a Sunday before the weather gets too cold - maybe end of May early June ?

Your individual interest combined with everyone elses will help make these kids lives happier :)

Cheers Malcolm :)

:) WHOS IN ? :)

Edited by malcolm

A good idea would be to contact Ashwood and see if he would match the donation dollar for dollar. He gets publicity and does something nice, skyline fans get some food and a cruise, kids get help they need. Everybody wins.

A good idea would be to contact Ashwood and see if he would match the donation dollar for dollar. He gets publicity and does something nice, skyline fans get some food and a cruise, kids get help they need. Everybody wins.

Hi there :P - i was going to ask Terry for a discount on the food and drinks but your idea is even better !! - NICE ONE !! :D

Hi there :P - of course anyone interested in participating in "that warm fuzzy feeling of doing something nice for someone else" is of course very welcome ! :D

So come on in up or down from Newcastle - Mountains - Canberra or ...........anywhere else !! ? :)

Cheers malcolm :)

that restaurant used to be my local (lived 4kms from it!) .... nice guy and awesome cars both in the restaurant and stored elsewhere...

possibly in depending on dates, work etc

although I suggest OPH as opposed to the F3 :cheers: not as boring and stil fun at the speed limit ...

We are in for sure. Its been ages since we've done a cruise for a good cause.

Set a date thats not 24/25 May (state race champs) and we will be there :cheers:

No worries ! :) - and besides couldnt do it without you as youre in charge of the dosh !! ;)

Hi.. that's sound good to me too..

I'll donate few t-shirts so, u can make it for raffle tickets or auction on the day

I'll keep in touch about the shirts

Cheers

Ford

EXCELLENT !! - WHAT A LEGEND !! :cheers:

any idea of dates foods good there

Ill get the ball rolling................hows Sunday June the 8th sit with everyone ? - or the 15th due to bad weather.

Could also use the day as a final lockdown for Auto Salon as itll be the on the next week or so.

I thought for the raffle if peoples could go through their no doubt vast collections of motoring related "collectables" and see if theres anything youd be prepared to offer up. Im sure ive got some spare jap. car dealership brochures on the GTST & GT-R. Got beauties on the Pulsar Gti-r and (english v.) of the Aust.del. R32 GT-R. Have one very rare original rear window decal that was an option on the 400R and some from OMORI FACTORY that Mr Watanabe sent.

The food is good at Le Porchetta - pizzas - pasta - lasange - salads - beer & wine.

Any other money making ideas for the day ?

Cheers malcolm :(

EXCELLENT !! - WHAT A LEGEND !! :(

Likewise if theres anyone say from a workshop or business who can or cant make the day and would like to donate something to be raffled please post up your pledge :P

Some suggestions could be: spark plugs / oil or oil change / gear knob / radiator flush / seat covers......!?

Cheers malcolm :)

can we get other nissan cars involved? so we can raise more money...

this is the earlier EOI...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Li...63#entry3797863

ABSOLUTELY !! :blush:

Ride in on a skateboard if you like ! - thats what i meant by "aquaintances" sorry it probably couldve been clearer.

Anyone in any car as far as im concerned - its for charity for kids - BRING IT ON !!

Cheers malcolm :blush:

ABSOLUTELY !! ;)

Ride in on a skateboard if you like ! - thats what i meant by "aquaintances" sorry it probably couldve been clearer.

Anyone in any car as far as im concerned - its for charity for kids - BRING IT ON !!

Cheers malcolm ;)

i will probably b up for it

sounds great. count me in.

i'll have a chat to some people at my work see if i can get a donation out of them too. they support all sorts of charities. not sure if they have set ones they donate too but it wont hurt to ask. :D