SAU Community

Future Race-car Driver / Street Racer ;)

jukic.j

Favourite Model?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Call me bob (the name was taken) I currently live in Henley Beach, Adelaide, SA.

Please take the time to read >.<

I am really interested in cars and particularly imports. specifically skylines being my number one choice. I am currently on the save for an R34 GTR but I think I will cut that dream short for now and focus on a faster accomplished goal of purchasing a cheaper skyline. And of course it would be a shame to go straight to what I see as the best skyline I would miss out on so much.

I don't know a whole lot about cars but I would REALLY love to learn. If anyone who lives near me would like a helping hand when fixing up a car or tuning etc I would be more than eager to help if I get tuaght some things along the way.

I would love to be a professional race-car driver but I am already 20 and I don't have the cash to get it going. A pity I have good judgement and spatial awareness.

My ride at the moment which is my first car is a 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer coupe 1.8L FWD. I would like to do something to it (power and performance) but I think this would be a waste on this car and would only slow me down purchasing my skyline (if anyone has any ideas on how I could spend some money on my lancer for parts that are cheap or could even be moved from the lancer to the skyline let me know PLEASE)

And yeah I love all aspects of driving, casually, straight-line drag, drift, circuit, sprint, street-racing, etc except I have only really done the casual driving thing :S

I am looking to really get into the world of automotive performance to the point of quitting my degree pathway course but I really don't even know where I could start so if anyone could give me some ideas too that would be great.

Anyhow I think that wall of text is WELL big enough to satisfy most :D

Hey Bob,

Great to see you're so enthusiastic about motorsport and Skylines. Wish you all the best.

But

You need to separate dreams from reality. Saying that you are considering dropping your degree for a path in motorsport, but having had no motorsport experience, is stupid beyond comprehension. Being 20 and self confident does not make you a race car driver. You don't even need a car to compete in motorsport, if you were serious you would have started off with go-karts, etc. Keep studying, save up for you car, then go to a few club track days, you'll soon find out where you stand. You don't need a modified car to do it either as even a slower car will teach you the skills of driving and handling.

Well all the best and keep your head in your books and out the clouds :D

I am really interested in cars and particularly imports. specifically skylines being my number one choice. I am currently on the save for an R34 GTR but I think I will cut that dream short for now and focus on a faster accomplished goal of purchasing a cheaper skyline. And of course it would be a shame to go straight to what I see as the best skyline I would miss out on so much.

I don't know a whole lot about cars but I would REALLY love to learn. If anyone who lives near me would like a helping hand when fixing up a car or tuning etc I would be more than eager to help if I get tuaght some things along the way.

I would love to be a professional race-car driver but I am already 20 and I don't have the cash to get it going. A pity I have good judgement and spatial awareness.

My ride at the moment which is my first car is a 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer coupe 1.8L FWD. I would like to do something to it (power and performance) but I think this would be a waste on this car and would only slow me down purchasing my skyline (if anyone has any ideas on how I could spend some money on my lancer for parts that are cheap or could even be moved from the lancer to the skyline let me know PLEASE)

I am looking to really get into the world of automotive performance to the point of quitting my degree pathway course but I really don't even know where I could start so if anyone could give me some ideas too that would be great.

Welcome dude!!

I bough a 4 door ER34 GT-T, got myself a turbo, manual sedan, and I've never looked back.. It was lightyears ahead of my old VL, and yeah, it would be lightyears ahead of your Lancer too I bet! :whistling:

I know what you're saying about the motorsport thing, I wanted to get into go-karts when I was a kid, but living 360km away from Perth (see sig) it really wasn't an option for me unfortunately... It is never too late, just work within your means and be sensible, I turned 20 last week so I feel your pain dude, as the guy above said, head in books, head outta the clouds.. Still, if you want somethings, reach for it and make it your goal, go for it... Start off with some skid pan/driver training days and move on from there...

I have good judgement and spatial awareness.

Groovy Bob...I like you already :)

Good luck with your journey/aspirations youngish Bob.

Bye the way...you had me at spatial :D

Edited by madbung

• 5 months later...
you could put a huge body kit on you lancer... everyone does it.. must make it heaps faster....

Haha best call EVER Redback

Yes thank you all and my hyper-active enthusiasm was quenched. I now am phasing out my pizza delivery job (which I only did at minimum wage because I got to drive all the time :))

and have moved up in the world nowworking for a technology company called Grazer and the pay is better, the manager just left so it looks like i'll be getting a pay raise soon also!

Still studying as I found the average wage I should be on after finish my degee is 120k + that's alot of upgrades / tyres hehe...

I havea thread open about buying my first skyline so if you want to check it out and help me out please do! http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Bu...-o-t242051.html

My mother should be giving me a loan soon so I can OWN THE LEGEND before I have the money.

Also I might be buying a unit of my own soon with the first home owners grant and an interest free loan.

Can't wait to get my skyline so I can meet some of you on the blacktop.

Edited by jukic.j

your poll sucks :D

Yea there must have been some glitch because it missed outon classic skylines and r32 is the title not a poll option... maybe I was just wasted :P

Haha woO! I was thinking of ripping everything out of mine and making it a rally car or something.

Yea that first thing that will happen to my skyline will be removing anything heavy that doesn't need to be there, physically attached or not.

what about my comment of being a street racer? If I don't become a driver in some form of racing I know I will just turn to street racing. My addiction needs quenching and my lancer is ...well... a lancer! so yeah that's the only reason I haven't fitted new brakes, coilovers and a forced induction system to start of my modifications.

I can't wait to "OWN THE LEGEND". although I won't really own my skyline... It will own me.

Oi if anyone is ever going for a cruise and they are looking for someone or have a spare seat to ride shotgun let me know :ermm: (0400346056) I would love to go cruising but for one I don't own a skyline and secondly wouldn't want to be seen in my lancer :down: give me a break though it's my first car and yes I did try to buy a skyline formy first car! Stupid "complications"... *grumble* *mumble*

read his last post..... $10 says this dood gets a skyline and a week later we receive a letter in the mail saying, sorry some street racer boy just wiped out a primary school, your already ludicrously expensive premium just doubled.

do yourself a favour mate, by a PS3 and do ya street racing in ya lounge room.... keep your lancer, get someone to put an bolt through the floor pan underneath your accelerator pedal and save ya ma the heartache of having to bury you...... a parent should never bury a child....