SAU Community

Photo Shoot Locations - Melbourne

doutsis

Hi all,

A few friends and I are on the hunt for locations to take some happy snaps of our rides. Having said that, maybe a thread for locations in and around Melbourne for day\dusk\night shots?

Have found this carpark:

Turn into Little Collins St from King or Williams St and car park on the left before Elizabeth St. Excellent white lighing, excellent grafitti and excellent surroundings being high rise buildings and construction site (at the moment).

Cheers,

James

Very good thread, I've always wanted to know where nice places are for some photos in and around Melbourne. To make it work a little better, maybe post up a location and pics to show how good it really is! :)

I've seen quite a few people take shots under the bridge near docklands. Too bad I don't have any photos or even know how to get there. >_<

Good point Adam. Here are the antics from last night!

The first three are in the car park mentioned in my first post.

The fourth is at Rod Laver Arena - went down the largest entry off Swan St (?). Unfortunately the grassy area that would have been nice was all chained off =(

The last two were in some backs street in Richmond just off Bridge Rd. Can't remember the street name, just stumbled on it.

So... if anyone else can share a sweet spot for some Kodak moment, it would be greatly appreciated. The boys are getting together (SLK 203 Kompressor, Ford XR6 turbo ute any myself) are doing a late night Sunday. Some aimless driving is going to be fun, but having a destination in mind would be good (c:

post-31257-1211197417_thumb.jpg

post-31257-1211197446_thumb.jpg

post-31257-1211197538_thumb.jpg

post-31257-1211197699_thumb.jpg

post-31257-1211197767_thumb.jpg

post-31257-1211197788_thumb.jpg

heres a few locations someone posted up in a thread i made a while back. kinda died in the ass so im hoping that your effort works out better. i'll definately be in for a shoot

-Sky heights - Dandenong

-St Kilda Pier - St Kilda

-Mt Ridley - errr...Mt Ridley? (Down Hume Hwy)

-Chelsea Beach/ Boat ramp

-Great Ocean Road

-Shipyards/Docks(Docklands)

-Railyards

-Large Graffiti walls. eg: Trainstations etc...

-Industrial estates (Research)

-Multiplex car parks

-Yarra Blvd

-Frankston Mariner

-Sugerloaf

-Farm lands (Werribee Sth)

-Airport (Essendon, Tulla, Avalon)

-Ferntree Gully Road -Industrial factorys

-Burwood Industrial estates. {Near Vicroads}

-20+ Metre high walls located in between Cook Rd & Antonio Primary School, Whitehorse Rd.

-Old Pentrige Prison, Coburg

-Kodak building, Newlands Rd. Coburg x2 [There's also a kinda lookout spot with the city view]

-Silvan Dam (Kalorama)

-Kinglake; plus some stops along the way

-New estates + paddick area, Cragieburn

-Mt Cooper city view, Bundoora

Thanks for the list of locations!

We'll be checking them out over the next few days and maybe around older Richmond\Abbosford\Collingwood areas. If we find anything good I'll post them up :thumbsup:

i dont understand why ppl take there cars up to the "mountains" or on grass paddocks or anything stupid like that. unless you have a tracker or something similar you should be sticking to more modern areas. eg. factories, underground carparks, bridges ect ect.

i dont understand why ppl take there cars up to the "mountains" or on grass paddocks or anything stupid like that. unless you have a tracker or something similar you should be sticking to more modern areas. eg. factories, underground carparks, bridges ect ect.

Better view of the sunrise/sunset, but either way, your car should be the main piece of the photo not the scenery. Who cares... :teehee:

Edited by adam-__-

Fair call, but I must admit there are some grassy areas with "ornate" chairs, lighting and other arty stuff that make the picture look nice. Like Rod Laver Arena... damn chained off areas.

Also, going up mountains, and if the picture is taken correctly - you can get some excellent shots of the city lights, sunsets or sunrises.

It is all about the car making the set look good =)

If it is just plonked in the middle of your local park then what was the point of driving your car there??? An adventure play gym?

Anyhow, locations guys + gals, locations! And photos =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

I photographed this Maserati at First Point, Port Melbourne. Its a nice quiet spot in a dead end street.

I'll give away another location... This next shot is at the side of Aviation rd, Point Cook, just near the RAAF Base.